PDA

View Full Version : Rt pro--RT ULE difference questions

Rusty_Skater345
04-04-2004, 02:05 AM
What exactly is the difference between an RT pro and an RT ULE?
I am new to paintballing and i dont quite understand, air and systems to power the gun? i would like to know how it works, for the RT pro and the RT ule.

I also would like to know what recharging means, the RT-pro and RT ule have "the fastest recharging system" what is that? what is the retrovalve that alloows this and what is the reactive trigger mean?

Z-man
04-04-2004, 02:32 AM
Welcome to AO

Lets start with your list of questions.

1- RT Pro vs RT ULE
They are actually both RT Pro's. AGD sells the "RT ULE Custom" right now on the online store (http://store.airgun.com/) but that is simply what they call the "customizable" package. The RT Pro is AGD's top of the line mechanical paintball marker that has a variety of upgrades available including the aluminum vertical feed bodies (called ULE Bodies), Intelliframe trigger frames (blade or 2 finger available), and the ULE Trigger mod, which gives the RT a VERY light trigger pull and eliminates the "bounce" that the standard valve has.

2- Recharging
This refers to how fast the marker is able to fire. Once you fire a paintball, you expel the air that was stored in the marker for firing the paintball. Before you can shoot another shot, the marker must recharge that air and reset itself so you can fire again.

The RT valve is touted as a VERY fast recharging valve and is capable is very high rates of fire (see my rapid-fire video (http://www.zakvetter.com/Videos/rapidfire.mov) to see what I mean. Note its 4MB and a QuickTime movie)

3-Retro valve and Reactivity
The retro valve is an older version of the valve that is used in the RT Pro (as well as E-Mags and X-Mags today). It is functionally no different than the current "X-Valve" you hear about. Retro Valve, RT Valve, E-Mag Valve, X-Valve they are all the same valve with different names.

The "reactivity" is a feature f the RT valve that happens when you fire the marker. The trigger snaps back at you (often referred to as "bouncing back at you) and can allow you to shoot rather quickly. On a side note, the ULE Trigger mod will eliminate this reactivity on the valve so whatever Mag you go with (if you get one) you may want to try both valve setups before deciding on one.

Hope this helps

cr@ckhead
04-07-2004, 06:59 PM
so the x-valve and the retro valve have no big differences?
a rt pro with a retro+lvl 10 is basically the same as rt pro with a x-valve right?

i'm also trying to get into mags. i just want to know if the xvalve is really worth it.
x-valve vs. retro w/lvl 10

thankz for any help.

Z-man
04-07-2004, 07:01 PM
The only difference between the X-Valve and any other variation of the RT valve (Retro, E-Mag, RT Pro etc...) is that the X is made from aluminum not steel.

It's just a weight issue, there is no performance boost.

SpecialBlend2786
04-09-2004, 05:07 AM
Also, the X-Valve comes with the Lvl 10 bolt kit standard, which eliminates ball chops.