PDA

View Full Version : Freakin Army pisses me off yet again...

kosmo
04-04-2004, 03:10 AM
Well I havent been able to get on AO for quite some time now. See, almost all of the internet here available to us in Korea is DSL. Up in Yongson, a post in Seoul, it is some guys job to sit up there and supervise all of the stuff that people are doing on their computers to make sure its all Army related, because this internet is the stuff everyone has at work. They saw fit to ban me from AO because it has forums, because I shouldnt be on it while Im at work. I know they specifically banned me because they called my signal officer with my IP address telling him what I was doing. So now, AO isnt available to anyone on the Army DSL in Korea. I wouldnt see that as too much of a problem if it were only limited to work. HOWEVER, I was not accessing it at work. This is the internet that is run through our barracks, our email labs, and our community centers. They saw fit to ban AO from everywhere that we had access to the internet. Only reason I can get on it now is that a month before I am scheduled to leave, they finally authorized a Korean company to come sell their cable internet services on post. But the point is, why on earth would you ban a site such as AO from all the community centers, barracks rooms with army dsl, etc.? Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this?

Z-man
04-04-2004, 03:17 AM
Perhaps they think you will leak secrets to all us AOers. More than likely however, they probly fear you living on AO like some of us tend to do.

yaddatrance
04-04-2004, 03:21 AM
Firewall trick. If it's good enough to slice past
the Great Firewall of China, then it's good enough
for you :)

Go to Google, click on their "language tools"
and in the "Translate a Web Page" choose German to English
and enter www.automags.org and select "Translate!"

This will proxy all sessions through google's site
so the firewall software doesn't deny it. This also
works using altavista's babelfish site.

bunkermaster10
04-04-2004, 03:47 AM
Man that sucks... I don't know what I would do w/ out AO. Post more on pbnation probably, hehe.

oldsoldier
04-04-2004, 05:01 AM
Um, I am in GTMO...we get it here...and who knows all the "secrets" this place holds... ;)

Da1spaz247
04-04-2004, 11:11 AM
At my high school, they block everything! I swear, they look at the history of every website I've been to and just go..

"block you, block you, block you, you're cool, block you I'm out"

(he he, anyone know what movie that was kinda borrowed from?)

Anyways, I found by going to https://www3.stday.com is like some kind of chinese website that has a website address bar about half way down the page. It gets me around "Bess" every time. But if I go to it too many times, they might catch on and block that too.

spadge67
04-04-2004, 11:16 AM
half baked, when dude quits his job at the burger palace or where ever.

That sucks man, at least you get to play with real guns in the army tho...

Da1spaz247
04-04-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by spadge67
half baked, when dude quits his job at the burger palace or where ever.

good call

SpecialBlend2786
04-04-2004, 03:10 PM
wow that sucks.
The language tools thing works for me at school.

Mag Master 04
04-04-2004, 03:13 PM
Scarface quits his job at King Burger :D