PDA

View Full Version : Pre set nitro tanks

Starfire
09-29-2001, 10:03 PM
Question about nitrogen tanks. I right now have a preset nitro tank, PMI. When at the store I bought it with my mag, and now I have heard from many sources that I should have gotten an adjustable tank. I didnt even know they existed, guess the guy at the store wasnt really helping me at all, last time I go there. Anyway I was wondering if there was anyway to make a nitotank adjustable? can an airsmith do it or what? Lemmy know thx

Cha0tic
09-29-2001, 10:07 PM
ok, it is good to have an adjustable tank with a retro valve because the reactivness depends on the output pressure.

if you have a regular mag, it doesn't matter. you can have an iarsmith replace the regulator, but it would be expensive and probably cheaper to sell your current tank and buy a new one.

if you have a mag without a retro valve, don't worry.

Starfire
09-29-2001, 11:22 PM
Im using an RT pro and im getting an autococker soon, I heard its nice to run cockers on low presure too. Damnit lol now I gotta sell my nitro tank! /curses

Army
09-29-2001, 11:27 PM
Your RT-Pro will run fine with a preset. The output will be 800-850psi, which is in the middle for reactiveness. The on-gun reg will also work perfectly with a preset.

The only thing you can't do is adjust the psi for more or less "bounce" of the trigger, but like I said, 800-850 is where most guys set it anyway.:cool:

ZeroXtreme
09-30-2001, 07:56 AM
Army hit the answer on the nose...

On the other hand, there are such things as "Second Stage Regulators." If you are using an RT-Pro, then check out the PMI Pure Energy THOR (PE2001) Regulator, it's designed to screw into the bottom of your trigger frame, or onto a drop forward. It replaces your current ASA, you can screw your preset tank into it. Follow the links bellow to get more info.

1. http://www.xpaintball.com/secstagreg.html

2. http://www.bbtpaintball.com/catalog.html

:)

Cha0tic
09-30-2001, 07:59 AM
i wouldn't recommend another reg like zero suggested. this could cause shootdown. you don't want more thna 2 regulators, its not necessary.

ZeroXtreme
09-30-2001, 08:06 AM
That is true, you really do not need a second stage reg, for an RT-Pro, you will easily get used to the trigger pull. I was just presenting another solution than selling the old fixed tank and getting a new one that is adjustable, if you really want to adjust the reactiveness of the trigger. :)

Starfire
09-30-2001, 01:06 PM
Thx for the info guys, I know alot of you guys have cockers too and was curious if anyone know what I would need to do to a cocker to run it LP? using the pre set tank. I read somewhere that its nice to have the gun around 250psi, would I have to get that regulatar that Zero was talking about? or what. lemmy know cause im getting a cocker too soon and am curious if I will need a new tank. Thx

Cha0tic
09-30-2001, 01:14 PM
well, you need a number of upgrades to run a low pressure cocker. i would suggest going to a cocker owners group to get the full info, although there are some people around here that know the marker pretty well. you could have a preset tank, and then have another reg that lowers the pressure to 250.

Starfire
09-30-2001, 01:31 PM
okies ill go check out the owners group thans =)