PDA

View Full Version : N2 compressed air

Davis
04-04-2004, 11:01 AM
i don't know a lot about the Nitrogen and compressed air stuff any information on what to get would be great. thanks

Raven4000SX
04-04-2004, 12:33 PM
What do you want to know about it? Ask me.

virus
04-04-2004, 12:36 PM
well i state some basic stuff then ask away on your questions....

as far as paintball is concerened.... N2, hpa, n2, compressed air all mean the same thing in paintball terms...

the best though would be to say/use hpa when talkin about it... i get a kick out of people that use the term nitrous and that argue that any of the above tems is better then the next.... when like i said our markers could careless which on it is or what we call it....

where as a co2 tank stores the co2 in a liquid state which boils off into a gas (hopefully) before it goes into your marker... a hpa tank just stores a gas in a compressed state regulated to a certian output pressure as set by the regulator that is on it....

pressure in a co2 is determined by the outside temp. and how fast you shoot... which is why if you shoot a string, the tank gets colder... that is cause by the co2 boiling off into a gas... where as gas in the hpa tank is already a gas and if anything may warm the tank a little while shooting.... and esp when filling

all hpa tanks themselves are pretty much the same with only 2 main differances.... those rated to 3000psi and those rated to 4500psi... with the latter costing more...

what makes the big difference on them are the regulators attached... that determines, really how much it will end up costing to buy it and how relible it will end up being...i should clear that up they are all relible and basicly all do will do that same job, esp when they are maintained properly....

there are 2 types of regulators... preset and adjustable and their differences are just that.... most presets are sold set to an output of around 800-850psi, which is about the normal pressure in a co2 tank... and adjustable tanks, depending on who made the regulator, can be set from as low as 200psi, right upto 1200psi... .again it depends how any paticular company decided to make their regulator...

some of the reulators out there do offer a little high flow then others while some seem tobe a little more restrictive to the air flow again this comes down to their design... but for the most partmost users of them will probly not notice the differance between them.... yes there are exceptions... both good and bad towards this rule, but thats the case with life in general and another topic altogether:p

well that is probly a little more then the basic info on hpa tanks, and i'm sure i missed answers a lot of your questions so ask away the others on this board are more then likly going to chime in on this

and if noone else has said it.... welcome to AO

Raven4000SX
04-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Don't forget there are 5000 PSI HPA systems out there. Like: PMI and Evil. I don't think there are many 5000 psi compressors out there.

Davis
04-06-2004, 09:54 PM
so could i buy a tank and use are huge air compressor to fill it or would i have to go sumwhere and fill it?

Raven4000SX
04-07-2004, 12:38 AM
If you know what you are doing. Compressors are very expensive. It needs to be a SCUBA type compressor capable of at least 3000 psi. Those can run you a couple grand and aren't that portable. The portable SCUBA ones are very slow. Your best bet is to get a couple SCUBA tanks and get them filled at a SCUBA shop.

Davis
04-07-2004, 08:00 PM
ok thanks and are's is pretty big not sure how big but huge takes up a whole corner( for filling up tires on are tractors)

bjjb99
04-08-2004, 11:01 AM
What you are describing sounds like a basic air compressor you would find in a woodworking or metalworking shop. These compressors usually have a large tank attached to them, and deliver air to run pneumatic nailers, grinders, etc., as well as filling tires and the like. The output pressure from one of those compressors is usually between about 40 psi ant 150 psi... nowhere near what you need to fill an HPA tank. High-pressure air compressors are specialized devices. You won't be filling tractor tires with one.

BJJB

trains are bad
04-08-2004, 11:08 AM
where as gas in the hpa tank is already a gas and if anything may warm the tank a little while shooting.... and esp when filling

Wrong. HPA tanks also cool off when you shoot, just not significantly.