PDA

View Full Version : Massive leakage down the barrel

eNder159
04-04-2004, 11:31 AM
im shooting a minimag with a classic valve NO LVLX

ive searched and narrowed it down to two things to fix my problem (barrel / feed leakage) replacing hte PT oring or using a shorter spacer...but i have a couple variables that i wanted to clear up

my on/off pin sticks to the on/off assembly should it be moving smoothly in and out or should there be some kind of resistance?

i recently changed the trigger sear assembly because the stock trigger rod snapped could that also be a problem?Is there anyway to check that my friend bought the wrong trigger sear assembly?

when i hold the trigger down the leak stops immediately

i dont want to screw up my valve so i wanted to know how the hell do you get the spacer and the o-ring out of the PT?

i Oiled everything up on/off pin and assembly i also oiled up the two spots where it says oil

**EDIT***

could it also be the o-ring on the power tube tip? because mine doesnt look right

Raven4000SX
04-04-2004, 12:32 PM
If you want to pull out the power tube spacer and o ring it's best to get yourself a dental pick. If not the secret official AGD tool is the field strip screw.

eNder159
04-04-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Raven4000SX
When you hold the trigger the leak stops?
Then this means you need to replace your on/off o-rings. Remove the on/off assembly and change those o-rings out. I hope you have a spare parts kit.

but my on/off rings are fine? ive read from daysprings posts that if the leak stops when i hold the trigger down then its something in the powertube? lol now im confused

**edit*** also you said in another post about leaking you said that its in the powertube oring

Raven4000SX
04-04-2004, 01:02 PM
O sorry I said that wrong. My mistake, if the leak stops when you pull the trigger then it's a powertube leak. Check your PT o-ring and you may want to go to a smaller spacer. You don't have LEVEL 10 right?

eNder159
04-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Raven4000SX
O sorry I said that wrong. My mistake, if the leak stops when you pull the trigger then it's a powertube leak. Check your PT o-ring and you may want to go to a smaller spacer. You don't have LEVEL 10 right?

nope no level ten...but my spacer worked fine previously? why would i have to change my spacer when it worked in past games? and i just checked my PT o ring and its fine? could it possibly be just worn out and i cant see any visible damage

eNder159
04-04-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by eNder159

my on/off pin sticks to the on/off assembly should it be moving smoothly in and out or should there be some kind of resistance?

mcveighr
04-04-2004, 01:51 PM
Be more specific about the on/off thing, is it gassed up?

eNder159
04-04-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by mcveighr
Be more specific about the on/off thing, is it gassed up?

nah not gassed up its more like when i have it apart from the valve ...is it supposed to be kind of sticking to the assembly or should it be moving in and out smoothly? becuase all my orings are alright...and i was thinking about how the gun works and im thinking maybe the on/off pin isnt lubed up enough and is sticking to the assembly

hope that helps becuase im really racking my head about this leak im trying to fix

eNder159
04-04-2004, 09:41 PM
ok i just replaced my PT oring with my on/off o-ring because the manual said that they're the same size and i can swap either or...

same problem so i know for sure that the PT o-ring isnt the problem

what else could cause leaking down the barrel?

is it easy enough to mix up trigger sear assembly's? because i bought a replacement because the trigger rod broke on my old one...would buying the wrong assembly cause a leak down the barrel?

i failed to mention earlier that im an automag newbie =oT so id like as much input as possible...thanks in advance! =o)

Havoc_online
04-04-2004, 10:08 PM
try a new bolt spring...

(it should be extending past the tip of the bolt, if it's flush or just past, you'll get a massive leak)

how's yours?

eNder159
04-04-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Havoc_online

(it should be extending past the tip of the bolt, if it's flush or just past, you'll get a massive leak)

how's yours?

are you referring to the bolt spring or are you referring to the whole valve in respect to the sear?

Raven4000SX
04-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Just change the bolt spring like he said. That's what I did to my friends Classic Mag when all else failed to work. The new spring put enough pressure on the bolt to seal the O-ring.

AGDlover
04-05-2004, 02:40 AM
ok change out the PT oring the spacers are all about bolt stick so put the old one back in just get a new o ring in

edit- nothens wrong with your on/off so don't wory

eNder159
04-05-2004, 10:00 AM
turns out it was the spring thanks for all the suggestions and helping me out !! u guys are the simply the best =o)