PDA

View Full Version : Bolt Stick? or bad bolt spring?

Big_Magnum357
09-30-2001, 12:11 AM
I have been using my mag with hyperframe for a long time now with no problems. Last saturday had a little bit of bolt stick and I changed the power tube spacer to a longer one. I threw it all together and now I have a lot more bolt stick. I put the other power tube spacer and same thing. I can push the bolt back with my finger and it cocks back and the sear holds the bolt. I even changed to a different bolt and same problem. Could it be a weak bolt spring? How many shots is a bolt sping good for?? I have about 20 thousand balls with this spring? Could it be the hyperframe? But I have had not other problems till now. Help!!:confused:

Dubstar112
09-30-2001, 12:14 AM
the tip of the bolt shouldnt be longer than the spring, if it is thats your problem and then try your stock frame and see if that makes a difference

Big_Magnum357
09-30-2001, 07:07 PM
The bolt spring is just a little bit longer then the bolt, but not much. I put the stock frame back on and the same thing. I can push the bolt back and I will lock back up. I have a .225 power tube spacer in right now. I used it before with no problems. I need help. is there anything else that can be wrong??

BlackVCG
09-30-2001, 11:10 PM
Try a new bolt spring and see if that fixes it. If not, we can try other things.

Big_Magnum357
10-03-2001, 07:45 AM
I put in a new bolt spring and it seems to have gone away. It did just bolt stick once, but I think I had the velocity turned down real low. I loaded up the hopper and shot about 30 balls no problm. I hope this fixed it. I almost gave up on the mag. Thanks a lot guys!