PDA

View Full Version : Brightman and gtrsi’s electro hadious: with pic!

GT
04-04-2004, 07:16 PM
So I suckered Brightman in to ordering an RTP with me. It was real simple, PM tuna, and a couple of other companies add tank, paint, air and we were ready to go. I had been playing with a really nice classic the last few weeks instead of my angel so my game didn’t change that much.

Played last week and this week: all I have to say is that filling the dead box with timmies, Vikings, eblades, etc… was awesome using a mech mag. For 500 bucks I don’t think you can go wrong with an RTP. I think going mech is like going back to pump: It gets you back into the game instead of playing “back” and spraying.

Here is a scatter brained review:

Effiency: today I watched it pretty close. I was getting 4.0k hot fills and after it hit ambient the tank was only at 3.8k. With an input of 750-800psi, on a 68ci tank, I got right at 1k rnds.

ROF: If you honestly think this gun is is not fast enough either you are really good and it is hold you back or your game is lacking and the only way to bring it up to par is with a bouncy electro. The only time it got alittle to hairy was when we were running more than 13v13 in the field. The field we play at is really only designed for 7’s at most. It starts to get pretty hard to pump the ULT for that long and fending off 2-3 timmies or eblades. After one pops out and snaps the next one is coming for you. Would have been nice to pull an electro out of the bag ;)

Trigger: My RTP has Zero Bounce. Feels like a really like classic valve’d mag, awesome!

Weight: I assume it is right around 2.0-2.1 lbs. My last Xvalve am/mm rail mag weighed that much so I think it is a good estimate

Stiffi barrel: 10” ported. Its dam light! ULE OWNERS: you will need to remove the circular gel logo in order to get the barrel to thread properly.

Future plans: Needs more carbon fiber. Trying to track down some folks to help me with that ;) next is the eclipse rail needs some ULE work. I am trying to get it below 2.0lbs with barrel. Shouldn’t be to hard to do.

Overall: Great gun. If you need something that can run every weekend without problems and play some tourneys the RTP is a great gun.

Brightman’s rig
RTP
ULE body
X valve lvlx
ULT trigger
CCM no rise
12inc SS scepter kit
dynaflow 68/4500
Egg
Flame drop
Intelli frame

Gtrsi’s rig
RTP
ULE body
X valve lvlx
ULT trigger
CCM no rise
10inch Ported Stiffi
dynaflow 68/4500
Halo TSA LCD
Eclipse rail
Eclipse gadget grip
Y grip

http://www.jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=1982

JesseB
04-04-2004, 11:21 PM
whats a hadious.........

ZAust
04-04-2004, 11:35 PM
i believe he meant hiatus.

GT
04-05-2004, 07:07 AM
opps,
screwed up the spell check, ;)

soccer4minimags
04-05-2004, 12:59 PM
Hey GT, have you ever thought of mounting your foregrip straight to the rail without the mounting bracket. That shaves off a little weight plus it makes a little different feel to the gun.

I've done mine like that but I still have the old heavy RTP grip, I'm wondering how these new ones feel like that.

Nice guns BTW.

BobTheCow
04-05-2004, 01:05 PM
Bit of an off-topic question... how do you like the TSA?

WenULiVeUdiE
04-05-2004, 01:23 PM
I have a TSA so Ill intervine. I like it. Only problem is its alittle heavy, and I have to take out a battery to turn it off. Some times I have to do this, other times I dont, its weird. Save some money and get a reloader. Cheaper, lighter and looks a little better sometimes.

Cryer
04-05-2004, 02:05 PM
Looks Awesome!
I, myself, am planning a (perhaps permanant :eek: ) hiatus to the world of mechs...

Question: have you experienced any problems associated with the Eclipse rail? I've heard from some that they are too far off-spec and cause problems with the marker's firing cycle...

I bet if you get that rail dug out, you'll slide under 2 lbs with ease...;)

GT
04-05-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by BobTheCow63
Bit of an off-topic question... how do you like the TSA?

TSA is awsome. ITs a bigg loader. I dont think it is lighter than a revy with batteries. Only difference is alittle more plastic and about 225+ rnds. Its a great loader, sound sentaive and auto shut-off after about 20mins. The lcd adjusts dam near everything on the loader!

your foregrip straight to the rail without the mounting bracket

You cant on the eclipse. Its all one piece except the plug on the bottom. its not a gas through like many others. I plan to build a cabor fiber one, maybe this summer, when I have some time. Just need a plug for each end, one that is threaded.

have you experienced any problems associated with the Eclipse rail?

Not yet, although my ULT isnt very impressive right now. I am going to play with the shims and see what i can do. I would really like to have it ULE milled and milled for the RTP sear. my only fear is that the RTP sear is a different size than the am/mm sear.

Tuna set my ULT at a very nice and light setting, for some reason I can't get that same light touch on the am/mm rail. My classic's ULT is so much lighter is not even funny. Any suggestions?

Cryer
04-05-2004, 02:22 PM
I'm not sure what to tell you in that case... I've shot Ed's, but thats all the experience I have with ULT's...

You say you got better results with your classic rail? or did you mean classic valve? It may be due to the reactivity of the X. Just a thought.

evan123
04-05-2004, 02:26 PM
I likey, why a stiffi, i think they are really over priced for what they shoot. But overall, i really like.

soccer4minimags
04-05-2004, 03:07 PM
My bad, I didn't realize that yours had the eclipse rail. I was talking about your friends mag then.

GT
04-05-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by evan123
I likey, why a stiffi, i think they are really over priced for what they shoot. But overall, i really like.

got it for less than 100 shipped, brand new.

brightman
04-07-2004, 02:07 AM
We both just got the guns and gtrsi was a little more prepared for it than I was. I am going to take the forgrip mounting bracket off and mount a different forgrip to the rail. After that mill the rail and if funds allow replace the scepter with a stiffi.