PDA

View Full Version : E-MAG = cheater gun???

Korrosion
04-05-2004, 12:01 PM
Hear me out, dont just flame me please.?.
[puts on flame proof suit anyway]
One of the reasons I bought my x-mag is because it does not have a reputation like timmy's do for cheating w/bounce. Then I saw this thread with manike in it: http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=31088&perpage=15&pagenumber=4

And now I'm thinking "how is my mag a cheater gun? I cant use the menu's to cheat". Using the menue's to cheat seems to be what manike is implying. I appologize in advance if I'm wrong, but what am I missing?

Smoke
04-05-2004, 12:10 PM
Erm...I had an E-Mag for awhile and I never found any way to get into a "cheater mode". If "cheater mode" means "hybrid mode", then yeah I guess. :confused:

I wonder if Manike was feeling alright....

Thordic
04-05-2004, 12:22 PM
I wouldn't call it cheating, but you can get your emag to easily pass just about any ref testing for bounce/double shots.

I've seen people do it when refs are being real picky about bouncing triggers and whatnot. It seemed to work every time is getting the emag on the field.

In hybrid mode, emags occassionally had a tendency to get double shots. I'm not sure if its an issue any more with 3.2+ and whatnot, since I don't own an emag.

At least, this is what I think Simon is referring to. I could be wrong :)

Miltonyz
04-05-2004, 12:52 PM
I think what Simon figures is this.

You set your emag's settings so it's super bouncy.
Turn you rof to 6 or 8 whatevers lowest. Because the gun doesn't allow multiple shots so quickly no bounce occours. Then you put your rof to the max and the software will pick up on the bounces.

lamby
04-05-2004, 12:59 PM
that is correct. I know AGD teams that do this to get through chrono. I was also "told" to do this by others on this board after my chicago debacle.

max rox setting is the same as debounce and should not be adjustable via outside buttons.

Thordic
04-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Well I didn't want to say how to do it but whatever :)

ntn4502
04-05-2004, 01:47 PM
That is also what we did at IAO, not that we ever played using hybrid we just knew that if they checked it, we were screwed.

Halliday
04-05-2004, 03:33 PM
What settings make them bouncy? High input pressure? Low buffer?

Jack & Coke
04-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Some HES have difficulty with very short trigger travel setups.

I know if I setup my trigger pull super short, it will bounce (2-3 shots) if I lightly pull the trigger. This was with both 2.4 and my new 3.2 software.

I have found better results (eleminating bounce) by increasing the total travel distance of the trigger, and having the HES trip at the mid point.

The HES is a neat way to retain electro and mechanical operations of the mag, however, it is also the source of many problems (too peculiar to magnetic fields).

IMHO, a regular micro switch is better.

Load SM5
04-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by ntn4502
That is also what we did at IAO, not that we ever played using hybrid we just knew that if they checked it, we were screwed.

Stupid Canadian judges.;)

I actually took my trigger rod out for the event. No rod, no bounce.

Bolter
04-05-2004, 05:26 PM
there is a debounce setting on 4.01

I'll get vids up soon of debounce off, firing as fast as I can, and debounce on firing as fast as I can (to show you how it still doesn't break paint at 22bps!!) Its illegal in a tournie on db 1, but its good fun to show what the X can handle. Wouldn't ever use the db in a tournie, don't need to. Reckon I can get 16bps with db off.

Like I say....vids coming soon

samshot69
04-05-2004, 06:17 PM
where do you get 4.1
and how can you update you emizzag software

Lohman446
04-05-2004, 07:41 PM
Well now.. I blame this thread. My trigger rod is out, so no hybrid issues, and BlackVCG set my trigger, no bounce that I ever saw. I have my SPS set to 14 so I can hammer on it and not worry abnout outrunning anything. So.. I pikced my mag up to test it,pulling the trigger slowly I hear crack and feel dirt on me.. dirt in my barrel hmm.. no bounce though. I try it again, same thing, now I know my halo is empty... what the.. I shoot the floor and see blue.. blue, what the... yeh the warp and this thread conspired with my stupidity to paint my room blue.

Bolter
04-06-2004, 02:15 PM
samshot69 where do you get 4.1 and how can you update you emizzag software

Don't know if its released yet, I'm testing it out, AGDEurope put it on here when I upgraded something else.

To update software you do a thing called "having the board flashed" and various AGD types will do it. Theres probably one near you.

Dayspring
04-06-2004, 11:44 PM
4.0 software has been recalled in the US indefinitely by the author (Miscue).