PDA

View Full Version : Classic Automag Questions, NITROGEN

jongurley
04-05-2004, 07:49 PM
Hey guys hope you can answer my quick question this is my first post and I hope I will like my automag, I bought a automag classic with aci(rpi whatever its called) 6 expansion chamber,and bottom line, I started it on CO2 the other day it was about 70 degrees outside it fired great for about 15 shots I let it set for about 5 minutes or so and started to shoot someone and it choked and hissed and blew white out,, I guess this is the classic problem with CO2 on automags, finally my question I am ready to go to Nitrogen and was looking at a 68cu 4500 tank. Can I just screw it straight on the back of it just like a CO2 bottle. I don't know if I need any regulators or anything... please give me some help and suggestions...

frenchman309
04-05-2004, 08:00 PM
First off, welcome to AO.

Now to answer your question. A screw in preset high output tank would be just fine to use on your mag. No need for any after market regulator as your valve is already regulating pressure.

jongurley
04-05-2004, 08:14 PM
what are most of the tanks 68Cu 4500 set on, everyone put there two cents in what brand of tank and any suggestions I do appreciatte the help..

frenchman309
04-05-2004, 08:27 PM
most high pressure preset are usually around 800-850 psi. As far as brands go, I've had good luck with crossfire

rtpro28
04-05-2004, 10:58 PM
well man you better check your rings to see if the CO2 did any damage first or the N2 wont help too much. stick with N2 or compressed air, your way better off. as for what brands, i like PMI(pure energy) they seem to work well in my mag. but some people say they are overpriced, so maybe try a crossfire, i've heard nothing but good about their tanks.

personman
04-06-2004, 12:18 AM
Crossfire is defentally the best preset tank brand out there. I would look into one of those.