PDA

View Full Version : Question?? On a Dragun TES

pballerjm96
04-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Well first of all what do you gose think about them??? 2nd dose anyone know how to turn off the vision on a dragun TES?? I'm asking because i want to know how turn it off because i heard it cant sence of types of colored paint.. So i was just wondering..

Well thanks for the info guys..or..ladies..

pballerjm96
04-05-2004, 10:12 PM
Well i was just wondering of what you guys think of the gragun tes???

<B>*Warning: No Cussing*</B> -Miscue

pballerjm96
04-05-2004, 10:13 PM
gragun should be dragun..

BD_Paintball
04-05-2004, 10:34 PM
o man u <B>*POOF*</B> up again this should not be here where u buy and sell guns. put it in paintball talk or friendly corner.

Fixion
04-06-2004, 01:07 AM
Stop *POOF* up guys :p.

baka
04-06-2004, 01:16 AM
there blowbacks. you turn the eye off in live mode bye holding the trigger in for longer then 5 sec. It just can't see some dark shelled paint, most fields have bright paint also.

xXHavokXx
04-06-2004, 01:44 AM
Avoid them, their quality control sucks the devil's ***. The company itself is not very helpful either.

Gabriel
04-06-2004, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by baka
there blowbacks. you turn the eye off in live mode bye holding the trigger in for longer then 5 sec. It just can't see some dark shelled paint, most fields have bright paint also.

No, they're not blowbacks. They are BKOs in a Spyder'S doby.

Still not worth it though.

SpecialBlend2786
04-06-2004, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Gabriel

No, I think they are blowbacks. you're thinking of "The One" or something.

At least I think I'm right.

Kha0Z
04-06-2004, 04:55 AM
I have a TES and I'll say a few things about it.

"It sucks because it's a blow back!": First off, blow back or anything else, what does it matter other than the kick? You throw in a delrin bolt and polish the internals and you get rid of that annoying blowback kick.

"Eye any good?": The TES has a great eye system that has helped me to never chop a ball in the 3 months I've had it.

"Compared to other markers?": My neighbor has 2 markers, a outkast and a impulse with about $600 in upgrades on it. With all the upgrades, even he admits his gun isn't any better than mine cept maybe in weight :) His imp is a brick with a trigger. The TES is pretty light but it's no Alias.

"Is it really 20bps?": Yes. It's extremely fast. It'll fire as fast as your little fingers can move. If you mess around on the board you can uncap it and make it go full auto as well at 20bps. It disables the eye but if you have a halo B on it it'll work decently. And yes, the marker actualy spits the paint out at 20bps pretty nicely.

"People say they don't like the TES. Why?": The TES makes a lot of people mad who have spent 3 or 4 times as much and gotten close to the same result as my TES. You can throw a one kit on it for like $150 more and you have a e-neumatic like a timmy.

"Why get the one kit if the TES rox allready?": The big reasaons that I would get a One Kit is for the fact that it gets rid of a lot of that blowback kick and it makes the marker real quiet.

The last positive is the look of the TES. They have great milling and real nice ano.

Ok now for what sux about the TES:

LEAKS! The thing has leaked quite a few times on me. It's nothing that a little teflon tape couldn't fix but it happened a lot. The stock regulator takes a long long time to break in. Untill that point, your crono will jump all over the place. One good thing abotu the leaks though is that OGI has recognized the problem with the front block and will send you the part to fix it for good if you give them a call.

In conclusion, you will get a lot of people who hate the TES. Why? Because they need to justify why they spent $700 on a marker that isn't any better. It's understandable. I would do the same thing. So if you get a TES, be prepared for comments like "It's a wannabe timmy" or "It's just a spyder clone" etc etc.

I like to compare the TES to the movie Fast and the Furious. When the decked out Supra beats the Ferrari. The TES is a decked out lower end gun that while it hasn't matched the ferrari's of the paintball industry, it comes close enough to make them stop and think.

Excuse any lack of commas or lack of spelling since I was typing this real fast before I left, and the wife is rushing me :p

L8er

PS. I noticed the guy bellow use the colors, so I figured i'd be all loud too. heh.

Gabriel
04-06-2004, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by SpecialBlend2786

No, I think they are blowbacks. you're thinking of "The One" or something.

At least I think I'm right.

If I'm not mistaken TES is the same as 'the one'.

I plan on getting a 'the one' kit on my spyder Xtra, upgrading alittle here and there, and then painting it all camo. Why? So when I come to the field they look at my camo spyder and think i'm a newb, not knowing about my 5 years of paintballing. Then I get to roll them. hehehe..

Irony is such a *****, isnt she?

Gabe

tyrion2323
04-06-2004, 09:55 AM
Okay okay, let's get some things straight...

I am a big fan of the OGI TES. Yes, my team is sponsored by OGI, so I get a lot of flak from people on these boards whenever I "hype" the product. This thread is specifically about the TES so bugger off! :D

The Stock TES operates the same as any other blowback would - it's a high-end Spyder Clone. This is not to discredit its abilities though. There are many features on the Stock TES which outrun any other Spyder Clone around.

The 2004 TES is the newest version from OGI, and is featuring a lot of stock options which even "high-end" markers don't seem to offer stock:

- Clamping Feedneck
- OGI Sticky Grips
- Newer, stronger solenoid
- New board with more features (kinda pointless, but fun)

The ONE TES is another story. The 2004 ONE will feature all of the above options, but is a completely pneumatic marker. It operates like an Intimidator. I am not going to purport that its performance equals that of an Intimidator, but I will point out the the ONE costs $400, while Timmies average close to $1000. Just a thought there...

The ONE and the TES can be upgraded with many low-cost performance upgrades, such as the IS Switch from NeroBro, a break-beam eye system, delrin bolts and more. Combined, a fully upgraded TES will cost a user about $300, and a fully upgraded ONE TES will cost about $500. Not too shabby for a darned nice marker.

Of course, you're going to get jumped by all of the Timmy lovers who won't allow anyone to believe that your $500 marker can be anything close to their $1200 markers, so be prepared for that. OGI is basically stripping the brand name off of high-end products and selling it for better prices.

A few things to be wary of:
- The OGI tolerances have not always been consistent. While you probably won't encounter any problems, make sure to find a bolt which comes in multiple sizes (such as the White Wolf Blitz Bolt).

- Stock regulators on the TES and ONE are lackluster. You're going to want to upgrade to something much more consistent. I'd recommend a reg from Hybrid, Evil, ANS or Air America.

Contact me if you're interested in learning more, or if you want to speak with the OGI staff. :D

Jacob

Kha0Z
04-06-2004, 10:04 AM
The One and the TES are a lot different inside. The bodies are the only thing that are the same. The TES is a blowback. The ONE GUN is a e-numatic like a timmy, and the ONE KIT is the kit they put on the TES to make the ONE GUN. You can put the ONE KIT into any gun though. www.ogi.tv for more info.

robdamanii
04-06-2004, 10:17 AM

If I'm not mistaken TES is the same as 'the one'.

I plan on getting a 'the one' kit on my spyder Xtra, upgrading alittle here and there, and then painting it all camo. Why? So when I come to the field they look at my camo spyder and think i'm a newb, not knowing about my 5 years of paintballing. Then I get to roll them. hehehe..

Irony is such a *****, isnt she?

Gabe

The TES and the One are NOT the same marker.

The TES is a hybrid blowback, the One is a Pneumatic marker.

Trust me, I've handled the TES quite a bit, and it's NOT a pneumatic marker.

Kha0Z
04-06-2004, 10:26 AM
I'm curious if any of you can see my posts? I've made two posts now and after each of them people have replied saying almost the same thing but rewording my points. Are my posts not showing up to other people? Just trying to make sure everything's aight.

robdamanii
04-06-2004, 10:33 AM
They showed up ok.

I'm just too impulsive to read to the end of the thread before opening my big yap.

Kha0Z
04-06-2004, 11:01 AM
Oh lol. Cool.

pballerjm96
04-08-2004, 03:16 PM
dose anyone know how to turn off the eye on the dragun tes

AGDlover
04-08-2004, 08:00 PM

they are blow backs trust me they are

i've hear the eye is a POS and the reg too

robdamanii
04-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by pballerjm96
dose anyone know how to turn off the eye on the dragun tes

Hold down the trigger for 10 seconds.

That will turn off the eye.

As for the regs and eyes being crap...The regs aren't that great, the eye is a reflective style eye, so it's not that great.

kaibutsu
04-08-2004, 08:52 PM
I have been using M3/Dragun Empire/OGI markers for a while so I have a few comments. I own (have owned or have tuned) the following markers: Hi Compact, 250psi Sniper, Dragunfly Mech, Dragunfly LCD, TES and The ONE.

The stock regs are horrible! Please change the reg ASAP if you want a consistent marker. I use Bob Long Torpedos on all of my LP setups. Quality control isn't the best but a file and sandpaper normally solves problems with holes that were not deburred at the factory. Internal leaks are solved by gettting better O-rings. A Delrin bolt, spring kit, polished internals and high flow valve coupled to a LP reg will solve kick and blowback problems.

When I had problems with my Dragunfly LCD I sent it back to the owner's Aunt who happens have ashop on North Florida. Mrs. Fife gave the marker to Michael Spurlock and it was tuned for me for FREE at the New Orleans Open. Susan Fife from Safe Paintball is flying to Japan to ref the first real Speedball tourney in Okinawa,Japan and Michael Spurlock is sponsoring a local Japanese police team.

***KhaOZ**** I read your post! I'm just giving you soem backup!