View Full Version : Shatnerball Info: For all ya junkeez waiting

digitard
04-06-2004, 01:26 PM
Taken off the official website at:
http://www.celebritypaintball.com

Event Info

When: September 4th and 5th 2004
Friday September 3rd, Open for camper setup and pre-registration
Saturday September 4th Open games and registration.
Trade show open
Sunday September 5th Morning: opening smack talk!

All day: celebrity scenario “Mobster Mash”

End of day, auction and prize giveaway

Where: Challenge Park Extreme in Joliet Illinois. The park is about 1 hour south west of Chicago center, you can fly into Ohare or Midway.

Hotels: Hotel Information - see hotel locator map below

Airlines: Fly into Ohare or Midway airport. Midway is a little closer.

Food: Vendors will be selling food and drinks Saturday and Sunday

Camping: On site at CPX, tents and motor homes allowed.

Price: 75 dollar registration fee in advance, 100 dollars at the door.

Paint: Event paint ONLY on Sunday from 70-100 dollars a case. Field paint only (not event paint) on Saturday.

spantol
04-06-2004, 02:11 PM
Cool.

Looks like registration is open, too. That form is all kinds of confusing, though. Team Name, Team Size, Team Leader--the hell? Where's my option to just put my name down, and the name of the group with which I'd like to play (presumably, Automags.org)?

digitard
04-06-2004, 02:16 PM
I think its for people traveling with friends. You can all sign up at once (like if you and your 4 friends are going) and all get on the same team if you'd like.

That way teams, and friends, try to get grouped on the same teams.

Dave

AGD
04-06-2004, 03:07 PM
We got a lot of complaints last year that if you had a 5 man team you had to fill out the credit card info etc for every single player. This allows you to do it in a batch. We forgot to give you a team selection so they are fixing that now.

AGD

Igotu
04-18-2004, 10:53 PM
Paint: Event paint ONLY on Sunday from 70-100 dollars a case. Field paint only (not event paint) on Saturday.

Im confused can someone explain this, Are you tying to say we cant bring our own paint or not.

Oh I only read about this shatner ball tonight im going for sure and I get my license in a month. School starts on friday and I have to drive from Minnesota, So Awesom. :D

shivors
04-18-2004, 11:22 PM
I think they are saying that on Sat you get to buy the fine paint from BE. On Sunday they will sell whatever they arranged for the "event".

Igotu
04-19-2004, 11:30 AM
Lol I just read the faq trying to find more info on this thing and the only reason I think tom wants to do this
Im doing this for a sport and to kick shatner's ***.

I think the charity just a cover up for him to duke it out with Shatner. lol jk. :D

Did you guys play at night last year. Oh I need to know what time it gets done on sunday got school on monday. :( first day of school going to be after the most awesome paintball event ever.

deathstalker
04-19-2004, 12:43 PM
I guarantee you do NOT have school on Monday, provided you attend school in the US. ;)

Igotu
04-19-2004, 02:48 PM
what is monday or friday labor day?

paintballrules7
04-19-2004, 04:39 PM
That monday is labor day but most people will also have that friday off too.

digitard
04-19-2004, 05:00 PM
I think what the paint thing is saying is that on Saturday you will be using the FIELD PAINT at PBX. Then when Sunday roles around you will need to purchase "Event paint" because the event is not being thrown by PBX they are simply the playing grounds.

So saturday... PBX paint.
Sunday - Event paint

Igotu
04-19-2004, 06:22 PM
Arn't they going to lease the place this year because of problems with the air fills and other things.

Oh and are there going to be night games never been; to a night game before, I hear good things and bad things about night play.