PDA

View Full Version : Booyah on/off questions.

verypoormagowner
04-06-2004, 08:29 PM
i just bought a booyah elcd trigger frame for my classic mag. the seller did not include a sear. So i took the trigger rod attachment off the sear and used used just the sear becuase it seems to be about the right length. But when you gas up the marker the it does nto fire. I assume this beacuas teh sear isint hitting the on/off pin. is this my problem. Can i get a longer pin or different sear. Ar teh booyah frames supposed th come with an on/off? Or could i just attach something to the end of the sear to make it alittle bit longer.Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thourne
04-07-2004, 11:20 AM
If you took the trigger rod off by detaching the cleavis (thing that attaches it) then you have done this correctly. The Booh-Yah is actually under powered for most appications. The solinoid is not strong enough to push all but the lightest of on/off pins. What marker are you running? Are you using the Bohh-Yah on/off? Do you have level 10 installed?

From what you are describing so far it sounds like the solinoid cannot push your on/off valve in to shoot the gun. I would recommend getting the ULT trigger kit because this is the absolute lightest on/off you can get. Use this whether you are on a classic or RT. Tune the kit up with a manual gripframe and then slap the Booh-Yah on there. If it still doesn't work you'll have to up the voltage settings on the Booh-Yah board to make the frame push harder, but then it will use more battery power. Search for the ultimate Booh-Yah thread and you'll find out how to do this and which settings are best.

Good luck!

Major Jam
04-07-2004, 12:28 PM
The Boo-Yaah's never included a sear when originally shipped.

Older Mags had a sear with extra metal material at the base that interfered with the booyaah solenoid plunger. In that case you need to get the newer style sear.

Boo-Yaah's come with a custom on/off valve with a custom length on/off pin, valve and body. The on/off pin was thiner and lighter so it would work with the elcd.

verypoormagowner
04-07-2004, 03:44 PM
so basucally im screwed if i cnat get a hold of a booyah on/off?

Thourne
04-07-2004, 08:03 PM
I've got one I could sell you, but I would recommend getting the AGD ULT kit whether you are using a RT or Classic. The ULT will make your frame use less power to push the pin in which will result in more shots per 9v. If you are interested send me an email through my AO Profile.

verypoormagowner
04-09-2004, 06:01 PM
im not sure if this is related but i put my sear back together and played with my stock trigger. After about 400 shots all of a sudden the trigger rod woulndt reset teh trigger. I took off my tank and put it back on and it would reset but after after every shot the rod would come back less and less until it wasnt even visible. I dont understand whats happening. when i took apart teh gun eevrything looked right. its seems like teh sear is backing out or the on/off pin is barely hitting it.