PDA

View Full Version : devilmag-new electro mag!!!

phantomhitman
04-06-2004, 09:42 PM
Well, GADevil has shocked the mag world. He has released an electro mag without anyone knowing. Everything looks amazing, good job Chris.

devilmag (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1387371#post1387371)

I wanted to link this for more exposure.

Steelrat
04-06-2004, 09:53 PM
Very interesting. I wonder how much that bad boy weighs. I especially like the break beam eyes. So its got ace, level 10, x valve, ULE, and a trigger job for under $900? That sounds pretty darn good.

ramennoodles
04-06-2004, 09:56 PM
like it all cept the foregrip, i'd have to replace that, the rest looks awesome.

GA Devil
04-06-2004, 09:57 PM
Thanks. Yes its a very light marker. And being capped at an amazing 24 bps with eyes on you have the fire power you need in todays game.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Yes the forgrip will be different. I am working out a few deals on having a few options for forgrips. Rigth now the standard is looking to be the AGD gas through.

GT
04-06-2004, 09:58 PM
my best guess is 2.25-2.5 lbs. I am not a big fan of the hyperframe. I hope he can make a drop in Y or I kit.

GA Devil
04-06-2004, 10:03 PM
I will look into those frames but dont think it will be possible. The only thing hyperframe about this is the frame and the trigger..nothing internal.

GT
04-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by GA Devil
I will look into those frames but dont think it will be possible. The only thing hyperframe about this is the frame and the trigger..nothing internal.

thats just it though, the hyper doesnt have any trigger adjustments, i think? I assume this is why more people dont use it.

Now this same setup you are building installed into an eclipse LCD angel frame.....

evilhomer
04-06-2004, 10:17 PM
Since Rogue is considering making an electro vert frame with the Hyperframe board and internals, couldn't you isntead of having the Hyperframe, putting the same board and internals into the Rogue frame?

madmatt151
04-07-2004, 05:11 AM
Imust say the gun shoots crazy fast. Even me, with my big slow fingers was ripping on it. ANd this was with a classic valve. I was pretty tempted to put my own Xvalve in to see what it would be like. GA Devil does some crazy stuff to Angels too. THe one he had was insane, makes me reconsider getting an Angel.

GA Devil
04-07-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by gtrsi

thats just it though, the hyper doesnt have any trigger adjustments, i think? I assume this is why more people dont use it.

Now this same setup you are building installed into an eclipse LCD angel frame.....

No I wont be able to do the I or Y frame due to the fact there is no place for me to mount a silenoid.

What adjustment are you trying to get because you cant adjust those either.

The angels are already being done. Go to theangelguy.com.

Bolter
04-07-2004, 07:56 AM
would def look a load better with Rogues vert frame.

Can SP come after you?

Like the dual eye upgrade though, nice touch!

GA Devil
04-07-2004, 08:11 AM
would def look a load better with Rogues vert frame.

I will look into it

Can SP come after you?

No because I am considered an assembler

Like the dual eye upgrade though, nice touch!

I figured alot of people would really like this part. And another nice feature IF you want to you can change the bolt on an xvalve back to a lvl 7 due to the eyes.

GT
04-07-2004, 08:11 AM

What adjustment are you trying to get because you cant adjust those either.

fore, aft, and MS engagement...

thecavemankevin
04-07-2004, 08:24 AM
very cool, what kind of solenoid are you using? does it require the ULT (since that slows the cycle time)?

you should try hooking up with rouge or coolhand since they machine their frames they can make a place to mount the solenoid in the frame. what is the board, is it like a morlock/emagnum board (universal)?

again, very cool mod!!! if it ever comes to vert frame i'll buy

GA Devil
04-07-2004, 08:28 AM
does it require the ULT (since that slows the cycle time)?

Yes it does and is included in the complete gun price.

what is the board, is it like a morlock/emagnum board (universal)?

It is a Predator Board

again, very cool mod!!! if it ever comes to vert frame i'll buy

I have actually already been working on that ;)

thecavemankevin
04-07-2004, 08:28 AM

i don't believe this has an adjustment...just a super soft micro switch (similar to the WAS switch).

Jack & Coke
04-07-2004, 09:03 AM
Very cool:)

Any videos of this particular gun yet?

GA Devil
04-07-2004, 09:12 AM
VIDEO Coming soon. We were going to do 1 at Madness but with all the confusion we never got to and I personally dont have the ability to. But tryign to get 1 tonight but this coming weekend at the latest.

GA Devil
04-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Ok hopefully have Video up this weekend and in talks for a 90* version frame. So for those that have requested the 90* frame.....its coming!

Chojin Man
04-07-2004, 07:21 PM
Excellent on the vert frame! Would the vert frame be more expensive? Like an upgrade?

Also I have a RT-mag(non-ult ready) would/could you upgrade it to this?

robdamanii
04-07-2004, 08:24 PM
Vertical frame goodness...now you're talking...

Cryer
04-07-2004, 08:30 PM
Is it just me, or does it kinda look like thoes Eyes arent perfectly across from each other?
Perhaps it might be better to bring the eyecovers up around the rail, instead of through it... Just thinking.

Over all, I really like it!

Back stop and MS engage adjustments wouldnt be hard at all to do. Just drill and tap for 2 small set screws: one over the switch, and one slightly below so it comes in contact with the frame.

Forestop might be tricky, tho... I guess you could adjust the back stop and switch screws to where there's no foreward slop, but thats about it.

GA Devil
04-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Cryer
Is it just me, or does it kinda look like thoes Eyes arent perfectly across from each other?

They are its just the angle of the pictures.

Chojin Man
04-08-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Chojin Man
Also I have a RT-mag(non-ult ready) would/could you upgrade it to this?

Cryer
04-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Is there any info on the board you used? website or such?

GA Devil
04-08-2004, 04:07 PM
CHOJIN MAN: Yes but it really needs to have the ULT. I cant garuntee the same results without the ULT.

CRYER It is the Predator Board that TAG uses.

Cryer
04-08-2004, 04:10 PM
K thanks!:)

Chojin Man
04-08-2004, 06:07 PM
CHOJIN MAN: Yes but it really needs to have the ULT. I cant garuntee the same results without the ULT.

So could you mill it to accept a ULT?

GA Devil
04-08-2004, 06:11 PM
No I dont have the specs of what all is needed in doing that.

Cryer
04-08-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Chojin Man

So could you mill it to accept a ULT?

I think there were a few techs out there doing it. Get in touch with Brad Nestle (bradagd) at paintball maxxx in houston... I think I heard of him doing some.

Also, might check with Black VCG

Chojin Man
04-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the info guys!

GA Devil
04-09-2004, 08:10 AM
Custom 45 frames and rails coming soon also.

robdamanii
04-09-2004, 08:16 AM
Any pics of the custom frames and rails?

Cryer
04-09-2004, 08:30 AM
I'd assume the frames and rails are still in the design stage...

DEVIL-

You should make the frames compatibel with Angel triggers. That way, they are inherently adjutable like GTRsi was wanting. Plus, theres a huge selection of angel triggers out there already.

GA Devil
04-09-2004, 08:31 AM
not yet but soon. The frames will be just a normal 45 frame but able to use flat bottom rails due to no more dovetail bottom style rails available through agd and hyperframes needing them. So upon recieving that news I had to go hunt down some new frames. The big difference between the custom 45's and the hyperframes will be the flat top and ablility to use wrap around grips such as sticky's. As for rails since they seem to be a real picky part Im probably not going to do any thing special to the sides like milling because tatses very so much. Some will come with a flame design milled into them as a special edition also.

GA Devil
04-10-2004, 11:31 PM
Video taken TAG's shop. Will have available for viewinf as soon as I can get it uploaded so keep watching.

Digits
04-11-2004, 12:15 AM
To the people that want trigger adjustments, you can easilly put in a backstop yourself, and with a nice microswitch there should be really nothing else you want to adjust..

GA Devil
04-11-2004, 12:22 AM
there is absolutly no need to adjustt his trigger with the speed you can get out of it as is with the Ripper trigger mod.

phantomhitman
04-11-2004, 04:44 PM
i canot wait to see a vid of this. very interesting to say the least ;)

barberjohn
04-11-2004, 05:29 PM
hey GA Devil, any chance you will be doing these upgrades for emags any time soon? sorry if this has been asked before, but i just gotta know.

Magglerock
04-11-2004, 08:42 PM
Can you put these on mags using a Warp ULE? I would think that you couldn't due to the break-beam design. If not, is there another option?

AGDlover
04-11-2004, 08:56 PM
will you be able to do that to my intelliframe?

GA Devil
04-11-2004, 09:26 PM
Yes I will be able to do this to Emags and possibly Xmags.

Im looking into a way to do this to Warp ULE bodies. May have to use reflective eye instead of break beam.

No I can not do this to and I frame due to no place for the silenoid.

Video soon to be posted!

TAG
04-11-2004, 10:51 PM
How is this....
http://www.theangelguy.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=103

Chris let me know if you want me to keep the link up

GA Devil
04-11-2004, 10:58 PM
Cool thanks alot Bob!

in the video im showing how the eyes wont let the marker fire till there is a ball in place then after 2 balls i show you can force it to fire by holding the trigger down for a few seconds in case the eyes dont see the ball.

Then Im ripping on it slowing down to single to show its not bounce then back to ripping. At the end im a bit speratic because it was late and my fingers were tired from playing with it all day....lol.

GA Devil
04-12-2004, 08:31 AM
NEW LINK TO VIDEO!

http://devilsden.tv/devilmag_promo.wmv

robdamanii
04-12-2004, 08:49 AM
Awesome.

Simply awesome. The nicest electro-framed mag I've seen in a long time.

Between this and the hAir trigger, I'll have to have a mag for each one of them.

I'm assuming this isn't quite production yet?

GA Devil
04-12-2004, 09:06 AM
Yes upgrades are ready to be done

for complete guns I have to get rails now that agd is not doing the dovetail style rail or I can just shave down the hyperframe to accept a flat bottom rail if you would like that. The stopping AM/MM rails was a wrench thrown in the set up, so that is only part Im having to work through.

Another option is you supplying your own dovetail style rail.

robdamanii
04-12-2004, 09:47 AM
So you can shave down the hyperframe frame to fit on an omega rail then?

Sending in my own body, and then purchasing the entire grip frame and board including the eye install into the ULE would be about 500, correct?

I'm thinking this will be what I do with my ULE once my Karta arrives.

GA Devil
04-12-2004, 09:53 AM
Yes to get the frame with board and eyes installed with your ULE body is $550.

Cryer
04-12-2004, 11:10 AM
Will you be willing to do this upgrade to custom bodies (ie Nicads chord, dallara, and karta)?
Also, are there plans for eye covers or are we just going have to settle with the goo?

GA Devil
04-12-2004, 11:21 AM
right now yes it is just the goo...but as you see in pics its a small amount. eye covers were hard to figure out cause of how low the holes are to the rail. Maybe later on custom bodies.

As for the other bodies. As long as I can cut my holes, run my wire path and a hole into grip I have no problem doing them.

Cryer
04-12-2004, 11:26 AM
Good stuff. Thanks!

I'll get to you as soon as I get some $

phantomhitman
04-12-2004, 11:45 AM
re-crapping-diculous
um, chris, you have mail ;)

Paint-Fool
04-12-2004, 01:03 PM
I know that Tag will be at Regulators Outpost this weekend for the Red Dawn scenario. Any chance he will have one of these mags with him so I can check it out? If not you should come on up and bring one a long. I would like to see one in person. I already have a mag with xvalve,ule and ult and a hyperframe and I'm really considering having this mod done to it.

GA Devil
04-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Paint-Fool
I know that Tag will be at Regulators Outpost this weekend for the Red Dawn scenario. Any chance he will have one of these mags with him so I can check it out? If not you should come on up and bring one a long. I would like to see one in person. I already have a mag with xvalve,ule and ult and a hyperframe and I'm really considering having this mod done to it.

Yes Me and the DevilMAG will be there. I play for TAG Factory and will be having a practice saturday morn and working and playing the scenerio game. So it will definatly be there.

barberjohn
04-12-2004, 04:11 PM
any chance yall will be at the CFOA event in NC on the 24th?

GA Devil
04-12-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by barberjohn
any chance yall will be at the CFOA event in NC on the 24th?

Yes sir. My wife plays saturday for TAG Factory and I play sunday for TAG Factory Black more then likely. And yes the DevilMAG will be there as well.

GA Devil
04-12-2004, 06:08 PM
Just recieved an email from Paintballtimes.com saying they were very impressed by the DevilMAG video and would like to do a review of it.

phantomhitman
04-12-2004, 06:20 PM
where at in nc?! i will be there!!

GA Devil
04-12-2004, 06:23 PM
http://carolinapb.homestead.com/DiabloChallenge.html

is the field the CFOA will be at this time

GA Devil
04-13-2004, 09:50 AM
Look for the DevilMAG at the CFOA events as well as at Regulators outpost games. Also soon to be on www.paintballtimes.com

GA Devil
04-15-2004, 09:38 AM
New forgrip option coming soon.

phantomhitman
04-25-2004, 09:13 PM
UP FOR THIS GUN
I cannot express how fast this marker is. I actually got to shoot it at the tourney this weekend.........wow. I cannot wait until he finalizes some things and I can pick up one. Maybe I can push that new victory boarded halo :p

Hurry up Chris!! :)