PDA

View Full Version : Emag or Angel??

talls
09-30-2001, 07:07 PM
I am going to get a high end electro, but I dont know which one to get. I know most of you will say Emag just because its in AGD's forum, but I need unbiased opinions and comparisons of the two. I am a happy customer of AGD, owning a 68 automag but dont know how the emag and angel compare. I like some of the features of the Angel such as LCD display, I like how you can ge the gun to shake with the game timer. But I like the feel of the trigger and warp feed with the emag, not even to mention tech support. I just want to hear from all you out there who own both or have an opinion on these. I think I'm going to lean towards the emag and warp to stop hopper hits, but just want to hear everyones opinion. Thanks

magmanpaintball
09-30-2001, 07:21 PM
get the emag cause u can use it manual mode if u run out of batterys. it also has a better valve then the emag.

DarkPhoenix
09-30-2001, 07:42 PM
One of the best points I can make about the E-mag is the manual, hybrid, and electronic modes of fire. Should the electronics ever go down on a e-mag, all you need to do is flip the switch and you have a fully functioning RT in hand. Another, personal, selling point for the E-mag are the several different body/feed styles which are available to you, and soon the modular body will put all those feed styles within very easy reach. I can go on and on talking about the performance and durability of AGD products and their tech support.

The only thing I can mention about the WDP Angel is that it is a very beautiful and technologically advanced paintball gun, but new ones come out every year and they are so darn expensive. The AGD E-mag, may not be as pretty, but it is not only cutting edge technology, but strikes the perfect balance between electronic advances and manual dependability.

I recommend you try them both out and then choose what is best for you.

User
09-30-2001, 07:59 PM
Having been someone in the same situation, I took careful examination about not only the two markers, but the companies who manufacture them, and the benefits I'd get for becoming an owner. Take into consideration AGD's service and decisions for the E-Mag. The E-Mag is a highly innovative product, especially because of its mode switch feature, reactive/magnetic trigger, and other such features not currently implemented into paintguns.

The E-Mag, unlike the angel, offers many upgrade paths to newer products such as modular bodies. WIth the angel, you'd need to sell your old one and buy a completely new one if you liked the style and features more, whereas the modular body can come in a kit for a fraction of the price of an E-Mag—also featuring the power/vertical feed modules. And the fact that you can get it milled the way YOU want. The LED display is another example. The LED memory can be upgraded cleanly and displayed instantly, while an angel's LCD display requires new features to be burnt into a new LCD display (or so I've heard). AGD's process is quicker, and lowers cost a bit since nothing needs to be redone to fit modifications.

Performance is excellent, but for the price you pay for high end electros, you'd hope it would be. :)

CTG
09-30-2001, 09:15 PM
I have both, and the Angel normally stays in the bag.
You really need to try each one side by side. Both are nice and can rip a good burst of paint. But feel very different in use. I prefer the Emag.

toymyster
10-01-2001, 12:33 AM
As someone who shot many Angels and bought the E-mag, I can tell you, you gan get the E-mag, and a total freak barrel set, come in at a couple hundred dollars below the basic Angel, and shoot rings around any Angel out there!!! Also, you can shoot the mag even if the battery dies, and you can't say that about an Angel!!! I can tell you this from experience!!! I have done nothing to "upgrade" my mag, and I outsoot any angel I've seen with much greater accuracy!!!

LeadBasedPaint
10-03-2001, 11:46 PM
Everyone here will tell you to get the Emag cause this is a mag forum and we all love mags. To really find out shoot them both. Decide which one you like best.

lonelymag
10-04-2001, 12:07 AM
personally i prefer the angel. I just love the way it is balanced, the way it shoots and the trigger. I love my mag, dont get me wrong but i feel the emag is a little heavy and i don't much like the fore grip or the grip frame. really though, they are both too expensive, get an rt pro!