PDA

View Full Version : Trigger problems on my RT

SGTKennedy
09-30-2001, 07:18 PM
I bought a used RT, in great shape. but its older. I am running it on a 4500 psi Apocalypse tank at about 675-700. When i fire it, it is really difficult to keep it from bursting and chopping balls. if i just set my finger on the trigger it goes bursting, if i put a little more finger pressure it will sorta do one shot one pull, and if i fully depress the trigger the thing farts about half the time, the rod from the trigger to the sear doesnt come out to the same length i have to pull the trig so it just taps the connecting rod and itll shoot and come back out. if i do that wrong, the only solution is to de-gas and gas up again. Its no problem with Rec. ball, but if im on the speedball feild its kind of embarassing to be shot by a newbie when my team runs drills down the feild and my gun doesnt work. Besides buying a 12v Rev and a warp, what can i do? is it just learning the trig? I wanted to ask before i mess with anything

I am new to mags, and i keep reading about Short-stroking, but i thought that was just on a 'Cocker. what does everyone mean by short stroking a mag?

a_malfunction
09-30-2001, 07:48 PM
If I were you, I would turn down the input pressure first. 700psi shouldnt be enough to make it start ripping, but maybe it is. Oh, and maybe your gauges arent accurate. You could possibly have a higher input pressure than your guages say. And about short stroking a mag.... You have to Fully depress the trigger and let it come all the way forward before you pull the trigger again. Another possible problem could be the length of the trigger rod. The previous owner could have dialed it out.... something that mags tend not to like... :( Make sure there is a small gap between the back of the trigger and the trigger rod when the gun is gassed up. If not, you'll need to dial your rod back in. And the only other thing i can tell you is to get a parts kit and replace all the o-rings and get some good oil and lube it up. Sometimes thats all you need to do.

Tunaman
09-30-2001, 07:56 PM
Also, the RT's like a lot of oil. If the trigger is that touchy, you can bet the sear is almost wiped.

SGTKennedy
10-01-2001, 04:04 PM
Thanks alot, I wanted to shorten the rod but didnt feel to confident without some input from somebody else.
I figured that adjusting the trigger rod could be it. Ive wandered the Pressures up and down, and the gauge i have on the tank was just replaced (the store that filled it put the pressure on the output and popped the guage. They were freakin but it worked fine after, so they bought the guage.)
How far should the rod stick out from the grip do you know?
The sear doesnt look worn. the gun didnt play a whole lot, i know this for a fact.
And the lube is all over it, and the spare parts kit is in my box.

BlackVCG
10-01-2001, 04:49 PM
Your RT just needs to be gone through and cleaned up. The trigger rod should be set to 1.98" from the back of the arm to the tip of the rod. If it's still sticky and too reactive after checking that, then send it in to AGD. It probably needs a longer on/off pin and a few other things checked out.

SGTKennedy
10-01-2001, 07:45 PM
I bumped the Input down to 625 or so, and took out the on off took everything apart and cleaned and checked seals, it still isnt perfect but It doesnt fart quite as easy, i will shorten the rod and be on my way.
it looks sorta crimped on there, is it? Or will it turn with enough pressure?
I feel like those are stupid questions but it is an expensive toy, and i dont feel like paying to any more than i have to. Its still sweeter than any other around.

Eye_pecking_chicken
10-02-2001, 07:08 PM
Did you tighten up the field strip screw with an allen wrench? If you only used your fingers that might be part of the problem, if I just tighten mine up with my fingers it fires so fast the balls wont even load....
Hope this helps

wesley_180
10-02-2001, 07:13 PM
Hey i had the same problem when i bought a used rt. I got a spacer kit and put that in. I have my tank on about 675-700. Try a spacer kit and see if it works

SGTKennedy
10-03-2001, 02:52 PM
I drenched the thing with oil, cleaned EVERYTHING, put some new orings where they looked at all questionalbe, checked the trig rod, drenched it with more oil, lowered input to 625 or so and resovled to get a better Rev. Now i just gotta get out and play.