PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Systems! All Geeks Report For Duty! jk

Mega Man
09-30-2001, 07:40 PM
With all these new sysrems coming out I just wanna know wich ones your planning to buy and/or wich of the older ones you own. Well right now paintball is just to exspensive to buy anyone systems now, but I do own a nintendo, nintendo 64, dreamcast, and my personal fav. the super nintendo.

Puckz
09-30-2001, 07:53 PM
I'm a huge console junky. I have had just about every one out there. Right now I have my Nintendo 64, Dreamcast and PS2 hooked up. My Nes, SNes and Genesis are in the closet. Gave my PS to my nephew. My virtual boy (yep I have one) is hooked up on my other desk for when I need a break from work.

I plan on buying an X-box and Gamecube on the day they come out pretty much.

My most played system right now is definitely the dreamcast. Sonic Adventure 2 rocks.

Xzion
10-01-2001, 02:26 AM
I personally buy all the systems when they come out, I hate not having a system, and then they bring an awsome game out, only to find its for a system I dont have.... currently I have my PS2, N64, Dreamcast, SNES hooked up, and my Atari Jaguar (loved that thing!) NES, genisis, Sega CD, and 32X in the closet hehe, along side my old atari, anything older isnt around anymore, unfortunatly :(

Ni cD
10-01-2001, 10:53 AM
What I have...

NES
Sega Genesis w/ Sega CD w/ 32x :)
Atari 2600 (or something like that)
Playstation
Dreamcast
Nintendo 64

I plan on getting the Game Cube, and PS2 (one of pals has one - awesome)...I'm not to sure about Microsoft yet.

irbodden
10-02-2001, 05:26 AM
NES and SNES are my favorite, best games ever were on them. I plan on buying a gamecube, but will make a final choice later. Than again I probly wont get it the day it comes out.

Miscue
10-02-2001, 03:40 PM
I'm looking forward to the X-Box myself... Perfectly content with my Dreamcast for the time being. As long as I have VirtuaTennis... I'm happy. :)

FeelTheRT
10-02-2001, 03:54 PM
I JUST sold my N64, 2 controllers, 2 wireless controllers, Expantion pack, WWF No Mercy, Pod Racers, Super Smash Bros, NFL Quaterback Club 2000, and some stratagy guides for $70 :)

Puckz
10-03-2001, 08:47 AM
You obviously forgot Smash Brothers is the best game ever and worth far more than $70 if you could even put a price tag on it.

:)

MagMan5446
10-03-2001, 04:17 PM
If you want the best gaming experiance you can get, computer is the best console there is.

Deadpool3
10-04-2001, 03:16 PM
Computer the best console? yeah right. The only thing that computer has over console, "at the moment", is online play, which console will soon have. Also with a comp you always have to keep it upgraded to play the latest games.
Personally i own an nes, snes, sega genesis, n64, and soon to be a ps2 again (i bought one when they first came out and ended up selling it, since there werent any good games out, to buy my max-flo)

gam-e
10-04-2001, 07:51 PM
well you buy a new console each time they come out with one, so what is the difference between upgrading a computer which you can also use for other things, and buy a new console each time they come out with a new one.

i have a ps2 and with that if i tried to play online with people playing on computers (like unreal tournament) they would whoop my butt, because the game was designed for the comp, as are "most" of the great ones- with the exceptions of mario and duck hunt-those were bad games.

Deadpool3
10-04-2001, 11:06 PM
well for one thing, a company comes out with a new console every like 5 years, whereas computer upgrades come out like every couple months, so you'll be spending more money tryin to keep up with the latest technology. When you buy a console, you'll be able to play every game that comes out for it for a couple years till a new console comes out. In the long run you end up saving more money witha console. With the extra money you can buy games instead of new upgrades.

When online play with consoles finally does come out, I dont believe a person w/ a comp unreal will be able to play a person w/ ps2 unreal. Consoles will stick with playin other consoles and comps playing other comp (i could be wrong about that but it would make sense).

Personally I think consoles have better games.

Ni cD
10-04-2001, 11:12 PM
Consoles kick the computer's number crunching butt when it comes to role playing games - I dunno whats different about it, but I can never get into a CRPG (except for Diablo). Go figure...

jah871
10-05-2001, 05:36 PM
what are u talking about these games were the coolest duck hunt is so much fun and so was mario for nes

gam-e
10-05-2001, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by jah871
what are u talking about these games were the coolest duck hunt is so much fun and so was mario for nes

i don't understand what you are saying, but let me say what i meant more clearly

duck hunt and mario bros. (the one that came on the same game) were bad (GOOD!!!!!!) games

i hope that clears that up

wait i just read my post and it clearly states what i meant, "most of the "best" games were designed for the computer-with the exceptions of duckhunt and mario bros. which are bad games (nes)

what you said trying to contradict me was exactly what i said in the first place.

MagMan5446
10-06-2001, 01:04 AM
For me, every game that I run on my system (Celeron 400, Monster 3d <About the first 3d accelerator out there, and 4 gig hard drive run fine.

RPG's suck for consoles, the controls simply aren't made for that type of gameplay.

Take a look at Deus Ex, Half-Life, Quake/Quake2, Max Paine, No One Lives Forever...What the hell are you on if you think that comps are only good for online games.

Deadpool3
10-07-2001, 10:32 AM
Well, first of all, i never said that comps are only good for online games. what i said was, thats the only thing they have over consoles at the moment.

Now, what are you thinking when you say, "RPG's suck for consoles, the controls simply aren't made for that type of gameplay". Zelda series, Chrono Trigger and Cross, and Final Fantasy series, are some of the best RPGs ever! But since you think console RPGs suck so much, why dont you name some really good RPGs for computer, that aren't ports of console games.

Those games magman5446 named are pretty good (or so i've heard, and played a little bit of) but take a look at games like Metal Gear Solid, Golden Eye (and Perfect Dark), and Resident Evil and then tell me consoles aren't as good.

MagMan5446
10-07-2001, 11:38 AM
Personally I can't stand the Final Fantasy series, but here are some RPGS for the comp:

Diablo
Diablo II
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate 2
Icewind Dale
Neverwinter Nights
Phantasmagoria (Old one)
Nomad
Asheron's Call
Everquest
Ultima Online

This is just a tiny portion of the RPG's for computer. There are hundreds of RPG's. I have played Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil, and they weren't bad. I like the computer version of R.E. better though.

There are so many games for computer that I can name off the top of my head that are great games, I could name hundreds.

Deadpool3
10-07-2001, 04:24 PM
Yeah, the games you named are probably some of the best RPGs that computer has to offer, but they aren't even that great (never heard of Neverwinter Nights, Phantasmagoria, Nomad). Sure diablo and everquest are pretty good, but the only thing that makes those games what they are is "online play".

Sure you can name hundreds of RPGs, but most of them wont compare to the awesome RPGs of console IMO.

I can also name many many more great console games.

pumpamatic
10-07-2001, 06:24 PM
Yes, there maybe some really awesome computer games like Half-Life and Diablo that you can't play on consoles, but I would rather play Tony Hawk 2 on a 34 inch TV hooked to a playstation than a 17 inch screen hooked to a computer.

krafty
10-07-2001, 06:37 PM
Hey, I'm still enjoying my Atari 2600! http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/rotfl.gif

SuperOrangeTicTac
10-07-2001, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Puckz
I'm a huge console junky. I have had just about every one out there. Right now I have my Nintendo 64, Dreamcast and PS2 hooked up. My Nes, SNes and Genesis are in the closet. Gave my PS to my nephew. My virtual boy (yep I have one) is hooked up on my other desk for when I need a break from work.

I plan on buying an X-box and Gamecube on the day they come out pretty much.

My most played system right now is definitely the dreamcast. Sonic Adventure 2 rocks.

hehahaha i didnt expect that from you. lol.