PDA

View Full Version : New WAS board for imp-

StickFigurSicide
04-07-2004, 02:34 PM
Ok, I was talking to some local paintballer today, and he brought up the new impy WAS board. He went on to say that the board could cycle over 1000 cps- which is faster than any gun can cylce anyway. Seeing as how most people cant outshoot current boards, I ask him if its worth it to spend money on, when he cant outshoot his current board. He says yes, and goes on to make a comment involving homosexuality and my mag. :rolleyes:

Anyway he sent me a link with vids and "info" about the boards

http://www.paintballstar.com/pn/modules.php?op=modload&name=PagEd&file=index&page_id=152

I guess Im just perplexed as to why anyone would even need a board that could cycle that fast when they cannot outshoot their current board.
:confused:

Oh, the horrible effects of marketing to teens.

TraXeR
04-07-2004, 02:46 PM
Mainly for 'cool' factor, just like the ROF debate.

AzrealDarkmoonZ
04-07-2004, 02:57 PM
The WAS board comes with eyes, which from everything I have read are better that SPs.

Az

68magOwner
04-07-2004, 03:35 PM
i may get one, because its cheaper, and has better eyes than SP vision, and i have a non-vision imp...guess thats y people get it :confused: :rolleyes:

nt2004
04-07-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by StickFigurSicide
He went on to say that the board could cycle over 1000 cps

what??? did he really claim 1000 cps? Did he mean just the board or the impulse with this board?

AcemanPB
04-07-2004, 03:55 PM
My computer can cycle way faster than any paintball gun!

QUINCYMASSGUY
04-07-2004, 04:20 PM
yeah, the board can probably read 1000 times a second and probably produce an electronic signal 1000 times a second, but it definitely couldn't cycle a gun 1000 times a second

Butterfingers
04-07-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by StickFigurSicide

I guess Im just perplexed as to why anyone would even need a board that could cycle that fast when they cannot outshoot their current board.
:confused:

Oh, the horrible effects of marketing to teens.

People like to think that they are pulling the trigger faster than they really are... WAS boards can be made to bounce EASILY. Basicly they like to cheat...

Ydna
04-07-2004, 04:37 PM
Yeah the boards have a trigger check frequency of one million times per second....exact same performance as a one million billion times per second, or a three thousand times per second. Useless.

You will find no difference in performance between the SP eye and the one the Equalizer for the Impulse uses.

What it does have is a voltage regulator to be better on the batteries, and debounce settings. Worth $145 or whatever it costs?

Butterfingers
04-07-2004, 05:19 PM
Might as well get a morlock its cheaper and you get modes of fire and dosent require an equalink... Runs off a 5 volt voltage reg and has no problems associated with WAS boards...

AzrealDarkmoonZ
04-08-2004, 10:19 AM
One major problem with the Morlock, Impulses microswitches are on the BOARD itself, making the morlock that much harder to install since now you have to place the MS in a place where the trigger can hit it.

Az

Ydna
04-08-2004, 10:56 AM
bah it's all part of the customizing fun...

DJBacon06
04-08-2004, 12:13 PM
My friend just ordered one for his gun, along with a Q-loader. Next week will be so much fun:)

Ydna
04-08-2004, 12:15 PM
I wish I had taken a picture of my 2002 Shocker when we put the Equalizer in it...

GShoaf
04-08-2004, 12:30 PM
If you didn't know, the non vision board on the Impulse is caped at 13.7 BPS. So people out shooting their board is very easy with a blade trigger and some fast fingers. You also know when you are doing this because the board chirps at you. Since the SP vision costs 150 to get the upgrade , and has slow eye logic, looks up from were the eye is can sometimes detect a ball before it is fully droped into the breech. THE was eye has better logic as well as looking straight across in the breech. The WAS Equalizer costs 145 or 150 the same as the SP, It has a higher BPS cap, which is as fast as your gun can cycle. A better eye, better dwell adjustement range, and a debounce setting. I dont care what you think about debounce but using a lower setting will make it more sensitive so you can achieve faster rates of fire. Using too low a setting will make the gun bounce, Plain and simple. This is the ultimate upgrade for the Non vision impy's. They are already vision ready and you only need to get a file and file a small section down. This board, and the ECS programing that was created by LOAFY on pbn is the best thing out for impy's.

Ydna
04-08-2004, 12:40 PM
Actually, that is not true. All Smart Parts Impulse boards as of March 2003 are capped at 20-bps, Vision both enabled and disabled.
Further, the boards do not chirp when you hit the cap...they chirp because there is a voltage drop leading to the soleniod. Even though this only happens at high rates of fire, it does not signify any ROF value.

Although the eye logic is different, you will not see any performance change. It's still a good old fashioned reflective anti-chop eye, which work perfectly fine unless it's dirty or has a loose connection to the board, or unless you're using a specific type of blue paint shell. The only shades of "black" paint that are invisable to SP's Vision eyes are those derived from [dark] blue. And yes, there is a difference between black shell made from blue paint and black shell made form any other color, such as green or purple.

There is also nothing wrong with 0.25 millisecond adjustment increments, and any expanded dwell range serves no practical purposes either.

-=Squid=-
04-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Ydna
Actually, that is not true. All Smart Parts Impulse boards as of March 2003 are capped at 20-bps, Vision both enabled and disabled.
Further, the boards do not chirp when you hit the cap...they chirp because there is a voltage drop leading to the soleniod. Even though this only happens at high rates of fire, it does not signify any ROF value.
Im sorry, but both of those are wrong.

That was a rumor... impulses without vision were NEVER capped at 20.

Yes, when you hit the cap it chirps at you.

Dont believe me? Call smart-parts.

GShoaf
04-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Thanks for re-inforcing that Squid.

tony3
04-08-2004, 04:17 PM
Yeah, that was a big rumor about the whole 20 bps thing. It is plainly stupid to not buy a was board if you want an eye for your impy.

Goldie D Pimp
04-08-2004, 05:08 PM
Or maybe wait a month or so and see if a cheaper alternative surfaces :)

GShoaf
04-08-2004, 05:32 PM
Impulse owners have been waiting so long so far. I don't think there going to wait anymore, there going to go for what is out. or just get the ECS programming for their current board. I rock the ECS super fast has all the settings i need. no need for was since i already have an eye.

Ydna
04-08-2004, 06:49 PM
I'm afriad the techs at Smart Parts don't know **** about the boards. If you think they do...then you're simply wrong. Don't bother talking to them. What you should do is listen to the people, such as myself, that converse with the programmers and designers on a weekly basis.

You will find Impulse boards with the new ATS programming, denoted by the white sticker on the microprocessor enjoy faster programming. We've tested it many times, both electronically and mechanically.

tony3
04-08-2004, 06:51 PM
Yeah, good plan, lets listen to some random kid or techs that work on impulses on a daily basis and know far more about them then you...good plan:rolleyes:

Ydna
04-08-2004, 06:56 PM
You think I'm some random kid? That I don't know what I'm talking about? Wow, you have gotten the wrong impression.

Try calling them up and asking about the LED sequences (other then green-orange-green) on the old Impulse boards, or the Shocker Sport boards for that matter. What they will tell you is, "as long as it works, it's okay." What, you think they just forgot what it means? No, it's becasue they never knew to begin with. The techs will do a fine job telling you how to grease your pistons and adjust your dwell, but they did not program the boards. And to be frank, they don't care either. I know them, I talked to them, I see them all the time.

tony3
04-08-2004, 07:40 PM
I'm going to be stubborn and not believe you. They just went randomly change the programming and not telling the techs?

Ydna
04-08-2004, 11:08 PM
Well it wasn't exactly like it was some random thing...the board's cap dosen't have much to do with fixing leaking problems and whatnot.

Seriously though, I'm just here to tell you what I know. I do not wish to argue and I'm sure you don't either. I will leave it at that.