PDA

View Full Version : Flatline

bushyman
04-07-2004, 03:44 PM
I have a 68ci 3000psi Flatline.....

I've got a stupid question.....it the tank detachable from the reg?

Dayspring
04-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Yes.

Done CAREFULLY. (preferably by a trained professional)

Flossabe
04-07-2004, 07:52 PM
Just make real sure that the tank IS COMPLETLY empty and prety much you unscrew it, when reinstalling it put a drop or 2 of oil on the treads and on the o-ring and make sure that it is on tight, dont do any thing retarted and you shoud be fine, never had a problem with mine.

bushyman
04-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Ok....is it possible to put other tanks onto the reg??? I will need to have my tank hydro tested soon and was thinking of getting a replacement tank.

Flossabe
04-09-2004, 01:56 AM
Yea switching tanks is fine, A friend of mine went to buy a new reg for a tank that he had and they had changed the size of bottle opening so He had to buy a new tank instead so I am not sure if the Flatline 3000 series will fit the new tanks or if he just had a really old tank.

bushyman
04-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Huh....shouldn't all the fittings on the reg and tank be a standard size? AGD wouldn't do something weird and make the reg and tank a unique size so that you can't put a different tank on it.....I hope. What replacement tank would you recommend (brand)? I'm gonna stick with 68ci.

Flossabe
04-09-2004, 07:49 PM
I went and got that old tand from my friend to see if the tank size was the same as on my 3000 seires flatline and the flatline is the standard now, so you dont have any thing to wory about, aperently the standard changed at some poit and this old tank was before it.

Tunaman
04-09-2004, 08:19 PM
Do not put ANY oil ANYWHERE around the threads or ANYWHERE AROUND the inside of the tank. The Flatline regulator must be TORQUED on to a specific FT Lbs. If your tank guy doesn't know what this torque spec is he has no business messing with it.;)

Flossabe
04-09-2004, 11:45 PM
Yea follow Tunaman, (he's pretty much the expert at all of this) as far as brand I havent had to buy just a tank so I dont have any experence in that.

bushyman
04-12-2004, 07:29 AM
Where can I find the torque specifications for the tank? Would the folks at a dive shop know? I need to get mine hydro tested....