PDA

View Full Version : Sore throat cure?

Benfica4ever
04-07-2004, 06:58 PM
I have a sore throat and in a few days i have practice and i really cant miss this one.
So does anyone know how to help a sore throat cure any faster?

Rooster
04-07-2004, 07:10 PM
Gargle hot salt water. Alot of salt water. If it makes you want to puke, you know you have enough salt.

dj89
04-07-2004, 07:52 PM
go swiming it works for me

Lakeview Bulldog
04-07-2004, 08:11 PM
How sore can it be that it would make you miss practice? Suck it up. Mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.

If thats not really your thing just drink lots and lots of water, that helps fiush your system. Stay away from carbonated beverages, thats my best advice. Good Luck

ASDadam
04-07-2004, 08:24 PM
Depends, the salt water is a good idea if its just a topical irritant. But if its an infection antibiotics are the only way it'll get gone fast. The Salt Water is the best treatment other than grabbing some OTC throat numbing elixors so you can practice.

TraXeR
04-07-2004, 08:27 PM
Gargle hard core lemon water with salt, the salt will kill all the bacteria off (try to) and the lemon usually numbs the nerves. Works for me. Only problem is you start to burp alot, I don't know why.

Brak
04-08-2004, 12:06 PM
echinacea will do the trick. i bet echinacea cures cancer too, its amazing what the stuff does. it boosts your immune system up like crazy

Benfica4ever
04-08-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Lakeview Bulldog
How sore can it be that it would make you miss practice? Suck it up. Mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.

If thats not really your thing just drink lots and lots of water, that helps fiush your system. Stay away from carbonated beverages, thats my best advice. Good Luck

Ok go out and run alot with a sore throat.
And then when u try and swollow or anything tell me how much it hurts.

and you lose alot of energy.

GA Devil
04-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Spoonful of white viniger followed by a spoonful of honey. Sounds nasty and first half is but it works. My grandma taught me it a long time ago.

MagMan5446
04-08-2004, 12:20 PM
I used to have to run sick. I'd be pukin and still running...all depends what sport you do i guess

When i get the first signs of sickness im popping 1000% of the DV needed for vitamin C. Chug down juice and pop the supplements. Usually helps quite sa bit.

xXHavokXx
04-08-2004, 12:25 PM
bourbon

Mango
04-08-2004, 12:39 PM
There is no way to "cure" it. A sore throat is actually caused by your bodies own immune system. Certain cells of your immune system (The B-cells) release a chemical called "cytotoxin", this chemical destroys any cells that are infected with an anti-gen (virus). It's as if the B-cell just pulled out a flamethrower and torched the infected cell and every cell around it. So what you are feeling with a sore throat is actual tissue damage in your throat. Only time can "cure" it. What you can do is use a mild anistetic like Chloraseptic to lessen the pain and numb the area. Otherwise just tough it out and eat a good diet to support immune system function. A diet rich in veggies and protein (the immune system relies heavily on protein). :D

Konigballer
04-08-2004, 01:09 PM
get parolled....

frenchman309
04-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Just go to the doctor, they'll hook you up with some antibiotics and you'll be better then new in no time

vf-xx
04-08-2004, 04:46 PM
I've found that Vitamin C suppliments help speed the recovery time.

Mango
04-08-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by frenchman309
Just go to the doctor, they'll hook you up with some antibiotics and you'll be better then new in no time

Anti-biotics kill bacteria, not viruses. :)

oldsoldier
04-09-2004, 04:46 AM
Honey. Tastes good, good for you, and relieves the pain. Or, drive a nail through your hand. you'll be amazed at the results!!

Polish
04-09-2004, 08:06 PM
Menthol cigarettes.. works for me for some reason..

countchocula54
04-09-2004, 08:52 PM
i read some where that if you gargle lemon juice it helps...i think my mom told me that..but im not sure

phyregod
04-10-2004, 02:01 AM
shot of jack daniels.. does the same thing as all this salt and lemon stuff, numbs your throat, and kills the pain. problem solved.

Unless you're a light weight.

weenie.

P.S. If it hurts too bad to sleep or you keep coughing like crazy do this.. then repeat, then repeat, then repeat, then sleep like a baby.

Chojin Man
04-10-2004, 02:35 AM
Hey who says that you have to have a sore throat to do that^ :D :D