PDA

View Full Version : striped ule body some one help

triggerman
04-08-2004, 07:30 PM
I biult my x-valved rtp one piece at a time. the front frame screw I boubht from the agd store seemed short. it held fine for a while but today when I took it apart to clean it I noticed that it looked like the screw seemed to only go one thread deep into the body. apon tring to re assemble the gun I managed to strip that one thread in the ule body. now the body wont stay on the gun. if I screw just the screw into the body it screws in just fine. the screw just isnt long enough to go through the rail, trigger frame and into the body. I don't want to have to buy another body because of one thread. What I want to know is does agd make diffrent length front frame screws? cause the one I got isnt long enough. did I get the wrong screw? I can't find a hardware store around here to replace the screw. so yall are my only hope. does agd sell a longer screw I can buy? has any one else had this problem, and if so what did you do?

thanks for any help

Tim

RoadDawg
04-08-2004, 07:33 PM
Just go to your local hardware store and pick up a longer 10/32 size screw. If it's only one thread it should still work as long as you get a longer screw to go into the rest of the threads.

triggerman
04-08-2004, 07:48 PM
thats the problem there isn't a hardware store around here.

FutureMagOwner
04-08-2004, 08:18 PM
10-32 threading is standard threading on bottemlines so if you have an extra bottem line screw laying around or take one from your bottem line and swap it with the other screw then use that one instead, you may however have to shorten the screw if its too long with a hack saw or something

triggerman
04-08-2004, 11:40 PM
now that is just crazy enough to work. thanks i'll give it a try