PDA

View Full Version : Tom, ULE for original RT

Dirty Juan
04-09-2004, 12:40 AM
I know you offer the trade in policy to make your Original RT an RT Pro ULE. However, I would never trade in, or sell, my original RT. Is it possible for you to do a production run of ULE's for the original RT? Don't leave the original RT owners out in the cold. Thanks.

cheetah256
04-09-2004, 12:58 AM
most likely not. they're trying to get all of the old valves out of circulation, so they don't have to worry about them anymore.

Pacifist_Farmer
04-09-2004, 07:47 AM
hey I sympathize I love my RT

but hes right it would not be in AGD's best interest to support the RT anymore, financially or...:) well i suppose it all boils down to financially

Shykicker
04-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Well, you may as well upgrade anyway, if you have the cash. You can still keep the look and feel of the old RT through the classic RT front grip, which I've become entirely accustomed to myself (and much prefer aesthetically to the bike handles :D). And with the X-valve/level 10 parts, what's not to love? Again, if you have the cash, that is.

tony3
04-09-2004, 09:04 AM
Actually, a ule body will fit on a classic rt, we tried one on my old rt back in the day. It looks alittle strange because the valve isn't the same width of the body, alittle skinner. You also lose the z lock pin, but even if you traded it in, you won't have a z lock pin on it.

1stdeadeye
04-09-2004, 09:56 AM
Eh, who needs the ULE. My Classic R/T is set with the Level 10 and an Intelliframe. What more do you need?:D

Dirty Juan
04-09-2004, 12:27 PM
It has nothing to do with the money. I would never trade in an original RT for an RT Pro. It just doesn't make any sense. The original RT is much nicer looking than the RT Pro and is a better quality marker. The reason why AGD came out with the RT Pro in the first place was to create a more economical version of the original RT. I even prefer the original RT over my Emag. I know all my original RT brothers would kill for an original RT ULE body.

Daniel Morse
04-09-2004, 12:43 PM
I would go nuts for an original RT ULE body. Tom, be loyal to your RT owners. Don't forget about us. We have always been there for you. And by the way , I agree with Dirty Juan; the original RT is a much nicer looking and steadier shooting platform due to it's build quality.

tony3
04-09-2004, 12:43 PM
This summer once I get some more cash, I'm totally going to find a cheap classic rt, I absolutely loved mine.

Daniel Morse
04-09-2004, 12:45 PM
Ever hear of vertical feed?

Daniel Morse
04-09-2004, 12:47 PM
where are you?

tony3
04-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Daniel Morse
Ever hear of vertical feed?

Contact Doc Nickel, he'll convert your P/F body into a CF body, it only costs 150 bucks....

50 cal
04-09-2004, 04:50 PM
I like my Classic RT the way it is. No upgrade or anything. Just leave it well enough alone.

Dirty Juan
04-09-2004, 05:05 PM
Tell me; how does it feel to always be the first one in the dead box every game?

Z-man
04-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Dirty Juan
Tell me; how does it feel to always be the first one in the dead box every game?

I really hope you were joking on that one. That was PBN level talk if you were serious...

------------------------------

See I think this way too. The classic RT is by far one of the most beautiful body designs that AGD made. People talk about the MiniMag bodies being UBER sweet but I think in purely aesthetic terms, the Classic RT is the pinnacle of AGD styling. The stylish venting on the body combined with the thicker "stronger-looking" sight rail and the steel line hosing makes it looks like a powerful piece of machinery.

There is no chance that I would ever ditch the body for the ULE. All I would ever want is a vertical feed for one.

But again you have to look at this in terms of practical application. There are what? perhaps 4-500 of us who are diehard classic RT fans who will probably buy up most of these old markers and hoard them forever ;) (they are so cheap I have to get some more!).

It's not profitable to cater to every little interest. The Classic RT is the black sheep of the RT line. With a smaller valve, a gas through rail and unique banjo bolt, many things are not compatible with the rest of the RT line.

That makes it a poor produce because AGD has to machine, stock and repair a whole different series of parts. It's in their best interest to make as much as the can the same= less different parts made, inventories and having to fix.

Heck I am just thrilled that they still fix everything on them when we send them in.