PDA

View Full Version : How often do I need to grease my discs? BEST RP PAINT?

MajorDamage
10-01-2001, 03:34 AM
Sorry I keep asking about the discs but I just wanted to know how often I need to grease the disks? Once a day? Once for every thousand rounds...? I havnt used RP paint since they changed, and I dont want to waste all my time at the big game trying to get my warp to work :). And which RP paint works the best with the warpfeed? I was planning on getting marbs or PMI. Let me know please, thanx.

ENDO!

TheTramp
10-01-2001, 09:20 AM
I've used PMI and All Star in my Warp. I liked the All Star better but of course it's $20-$30 more expensive. They both feed fine after I smeared a little vegatable oil on the inside of the feed discs. I put a little on at the begining of each day and I go through aprox. 1000 reounds per day. I don't know if you can get away with oiling less but this amount seems to work. I just make sure to not use so much oil that it sticks to the balls and gets in the barrel.

This amount works for me with PMI and All Star so it's a good place to start. I'd also like to hear how often other people oil their feed wheels when using RP paint.

MajorDamage
10-01-2001, 03:12 PM
Thanx man, is the vegetable oil better than using the fill in paintballs? I have heard you could use both, but is one better? Thanx.

ENDO!

TheTramp
10-01-2001, 03:20 PM
I've never used paint. The way I look at it is paint is desidned to stick and be hard to wipe durring a game. I don't want to put that in moving parts. It would probably get gummy (the last thing you want). Vegatable oil is light and slippery. It also doesn't have any real color and doesn't smell bad. If someone who has tried both says paint is better (each type does have a different fill) then I'll try it but for now I stick with what I know works. Hopefuly somone will be able to ad their expereance. I know BlackVCG has talked about this in the past.

MajorDamage
10-01-2001, 04:28 PM
Ok, thanx alot.

ENDO!