PDA

View Full Version : What is this part?

goddom
04-09-2004, 04:56 AM
I am kind of new at paintball. I took apart this automag 68 classic because it was leaking. But it had after markey parts in it and so I have no idea how to put it back together or what the "upgrade" might be.

I don't know how to post pics on thsi forum or if it was possible so I posted the pics on website. If anyone can help me out that would be cool.

www.oil-rigs.net/parts.htm

Thanks

goddom
04-09-2004, 05:00 AM
I know that its part of the on/off switch, but it is different than the stock Automag 68 I have. The valve I am just wondering why someone woudl prepace that part of the valve.

Thanks

RRfireblade
04-09-2004, 08:45 AM
As you know,those are both aftermarket parts.

Both were intended to increase flow in the valve.I won't get into a debate as to whether or not they did,but suffice it to say that they are no improvemnt over the currently produced stock equivelents.In some cases,the are quite worse.

If the valve is functioning correctly then I wouldn't worry about them,but if your having problems it may be in your best interest to replace those with the stock parts or a complete valve since Classics valves are easily had for under $100 used.

goddom
04-09-2004, 12:48 PM
I had already ordered the two replacement one/off switch parts from AGD since was only like $11. I was just wondering if I was getting rid of something that I shouldn't be.

Thanks

Z-man
04-09-2004, 07:02 PM
Probably a smart move. Heck if you are already using HPA you might even look for an old steel RT valve as they are pretty cheap too!

Just looked over your site. I loved SnowCrash too! That Neal Stephenson was a visionary in making all that up in the 70's!

BTY if you are on CalPoly, have you run into a guy names Wil (on AO Wallace9111). He has a small team that pracices at the field we hold the annual NorCal, SoCal event!

goddom
04-09-2004, 07:23 PM
No I don't think I know Will. Do you know his major is? People of the same major are more likely to meet each other. But its good to know since I didn't know anyone who played around here and so I haven't played paintball for like 4 years.

Z-man
04-09-2004, 07:30 PM
Just shot him a AIM message and got all your info to him. Expect some contact from him. You can reach me on AIM at VetterNoisesii.

Be sure you talk to him (or me) about the annual NorCal SoCal event. Unlike most people in CA, you are lucky enough to have it happen 30 min from you ;)

http://www.zakvetter.com/Pages/Paintball/NorCal_vs_SoCal/norcalsocal.html

Tunaman
04-09-2004, 07:43 PM
Thats a Centerflag on/off assy. I changed out a bunch of them at AOSC. They all have .760 pins in them. Get rid of it and check the pin length before you install the new one. The back 1/2 of the reg is a Diamond Labs. It should have no effect on the performance.:D

wallace9111
04-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Yo bud! Ya if you go to Cal poly get ahold of me my name is Will. Our team as Zak put it as small(Players and sponsors people will be suprised about 5/20/04 is the release date), owns our own 7 man air ball field. So if you want to come out and play you more than welcome too, we play every sunday and sometimes sat. Let me know if you want to come out, also if you like to party and are over the age of 21 let me know hit up pint night one day or drinking with lincoln.

Will Fonda
AGB 5th Senior
wallace9111 aim
805-787-0199

goddom
04-09-2004, 08:52 PM
Will,
I will get a hold of you. Where is the field that you plan on? Also where is AO north south thing?

Matt

Z-man
04-09-2004, 08:57 PM
see my above post with the direct link to my site that has the pages on it.

The AO NorCal SoCal event is an annual event where the AO army of California comes together to battle it out North vs South. It was a great sucess. Go read about it.

Raven4000SX
04-10-2004, 01:40 AM
sorry to say this, but both of those aftermarket pieces are worthless pizzos... They aren't "upgrades", they just cause problems like leaks. I know this because I fixed 2 friends' Mags that had ANS parts in them. The problem was solved by going back to the stock AGD parts.

goddom
04-10-2004, 02:06 AM
Cool site man. I checked out all the pics from the AO CA. N/S. That looks like alot of fun, I will definately participate next year. I prefer jungle games, but now that I have a Mag I won't be at a disadvantage since I used to play with a pump. I used to play with and still have a PMI pump gun that was great for accurate shots but was at a disadvantage against the semi-auto guns on a speedball field. Of course this was 4-6 years ago and the pumps were just being phased out.

Matt

PS. dude, you are in Carmel? I grew up in PG. May parents just moved to Prunedale 6 months ago. I will be in the Carmel Highlands this sunday.

the electrician
04-10-2004, 09:55 AM
that looks like a "reactor" on/off assembly. nothing more than a pain in the butt.they have that small piece that falls out everytime you take the valve out. very annoying.

the diamond labs hurricane reg back is nothing but another 8-hole mod that won't actually help anything. probably won't hurt too much as long as everything lines up and it let's the reg piston function.

Raven4000SX
04-10-2004, 12:43 PM
I agree, the "reactor" sucks big time. My friend's pre-owned Mag had one and it was so anoying when I kept falling out. I threw it out and put in the stock on/off assembly.