PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Emag + Oil

stormdancer88
10-01-2001, 05:24 AM
Was looking for a little 411. I am an avid Emag fan, and actually enjoy taking my baby apart and giving her a good cleaning post and prior to every use. Between game days I usually give her a 'few' drops of oil on the firing spring/bolt. I also give her a drop of oil in the air chamber once in a blue moon. I then follow the dry firing, etc. instructions on the AGD site.

So, I was at a recent tournament and someone told me NEVER to oil it, that that only collects dirt and dust onto the bolt and springs, softens the O-Ring on the back of the bolt and may cause problems.

Anyone know for sure which way is correct? A little oil now and then or no? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

TheTramp
10-01-2001, 09:41 AM
The person who told you to never oil your E-Mag is nuts. There are moving parts in there as well as air seals. When metal is rubbing against metal the less friction you have the better. As far as o-rings go, oil will keep them from drying out and is critical in getting a good seal.

After cleaning put a few drops in the ASA and fire the gun a couple dozen times. This is all you really need to do (a little on your barrel o-rings can help as well). Any oil you put on your bolt/spring is going to end up in your barrel and ruin your accuracy.

I wonder how many guns that guy has gone through.