PDA

View Full Version : Speed or dye trix

bunker-monkey714
04-09-2004, 10:30 AM
I need some help i dont no wat to get a speed or a dye trix?

Nick O time
04-09-2004, 10:32 AM
Dye Trix my main reason is because it has eyes on it.

The Action Figure
04-09-2004, 10:32 AM
both are great guns, but the trix is just outstanding. It is really a personal preference

Skoad
04-09-2004, 11:24 AM
Trix!

Only thing is dye is working on putting new regs on them, so you might want to wait a bit.

angelbeast24
04-09-2004, 12:19 PM
dye trix i have mine and i love it:)

JAM
04-09-2004, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I am really becoming a convert to the "no electrics without eyes" thing... i had a speed and it was a really great gun- I didn't chop much at all, but when I did it was a mess... the retarded sensi thing never worked - at least as far as i could tell. I'd go for the matrix.

~WarpedRT#2~
04-09-2004, 12:35 PM
The Speed is a fantastic gun, the best I've used. There are also some mode you can do to make it shoot more like a Matrix. Just personal preference. Matrixes are nice though.

Also, about the Sensi, some people get a gun that has a working Sensi, some dont. All I know is, Sensi has always worked great for me, and has prevented any chops. Just be sure to calibrate it.

Polish
04-09-2004, 07:54 PM
If Sensi isnt working for you.. you shouldnt be using an Angel.. Sensi works great if you know what your doing.

Digits
04-09-2004, 09:24 PM
if you get a matrix you will be happy.. Very smooth/fast firering gun.

Top Secret
04-09-2004, 09:42 PM
Matrix:
Pros - Zero kick, break beam eyes, stupid fast.
Cons - Gotta lube it once every 5 cases, crappy gas efficency stock(Evolve bolt is highly recommended to fix this)

Speed:
Pros - Marginal kick, pretty lights on the LED to make it look like you can shoot fast.
Cons - Anno is crap, Sensi needs to be calibrated every time you turn on the gun, ball rollback, problematic with some HALOs, have to have a LP output tank.

Yes I've owned both, and the clear choice for me was the Matrix.

TeamNausea
04-09-2004, 11:25 PM
Yes Dye Trix.

ryanshep
04-10-2004, 12:29 AM
go witht he trix i have shot both an hk'd speed and dye trix, the trix is better, even tho that speed had eyes;)

Raven4000SX
04-10-2004, 01:14 AM
Neither. X-Mag only.

~WarpedRT#2~
04-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Top Secret

Speed:
Pros - Marginal kick, pretty lights on the LED to make it
look like you can shoot fast.

How can you not shoot fast on a Speed anyway?

Cons - Anno is crap, Sensi needs to be calibrated every time you turn on the gun, ball rollback, problematic with some HALOs, have to have a LP output tank.

I wont comment on the anno, it is thin, and yes the sensi needs calibrated, but you do not have to use an LP output tank. Also, I've heard of these problems with halos, but have yet to actually see one. I've seen three Speeds with Halos on them, and they did nothing but work perfectly. Ball roll-back??

tony3
04-10-2004, 01:46 PM
Matrix no doubt. Some main reasons to not go with the speed.

Need a LP tank or a new inline
The breakbeam eyes on trixes are much better then sensi
The trigger on the trix is better
No way to adjust trigger weight on the speed

Ball roll back is when the ball falls into the breech, the sensi feels the ball, then it rolls back and the sensi doesn't feel anyting. It is solved with an A4 foamie bolt.

TeamNausea
04-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Warped you dont need an lp tank if you wanna chrono over 305:(

dinger
04-10-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Top Secret
Matrix:
Cons -crappy gas efficency stock(Evolve bolt is highly recommended to fix this)

no offense but that info is about as old as your join date

and lubing.. pff thats 1 minute every several cases no biggie ;)

dye trix = fast, quiet, HELLA efficient, easy to walk, nice LCD, funky breeches :D, easy to use, supposedly shoots straighter..

Matt1427
04-10-2004, 08:13 PM
I choose speed, sensi is good, if it messes up it is user error. Also dinger the trix is not "hella Efficent", the effiecny actually sucks. And you have to lube the thing like crazy, and orings are always blowing left and right. Also angels are the most relaibel guns you can get, besides a mag of course. And dinger shoots straighter, thats the dumbest thing I have heard in a while.

tony3
04-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Yeah sensi user error:rolleyes: I did everything you were suppose to do, and it never did crap. I broke more balls with sensi then I did without it. ACE is much better then sensi no doubt about it. Dye trixes have average efficency, nothing special though. You can say the same about angels though. On led trixes the bolt was held open after the ball left the barrel, causing bad efficency. Along with the help of using less air to recock the gun i.e. lprs and overall better designs of the bolt kits trixes are much more efficent guns then they were in the past. No doubt about it, the trix is a better gun.

Rope a Dope
04-10-2004, 09:01 PM
No, you didn't use SENSI correctly.

I have NEVER chopped with my Speed. If you chopped, then you did something wrong.

I work on a lot of Angels, dumb kids bring their Speeds to me saying it's chopping... usually their SENSI rods are worn down or they turn it on and rip on it without calibrating SENSI and their VL 2000 doesn't keep up (yeah yeah Dynasty uses slow *** hoppers so I should too ya'll!! hella sick ownz0red manizzle!).

1. Keep SENSI clean

2. Make sure you have a SENSI rod that can actually touch a ball when it is in the breech.

3. When you turn on your Speed, slow fire 10 rounds.

4. Throw paint like you're sponsored by Zap.

Also people need to use the right SENSI setting for what hopper they use. Everyone uses garbage hoppers made by brass eagle, they leave it on SENSI 2 which is the fastest SENSI and most prone to chopping. Because when it does not detect a ball it pauses for like 10ms and then fires no matter what. When you use a revy, you need to use a slower SENSI. When you use a Halo, THEN you can use SENSI 2.

I've put many cases of paint through my speed and I'm a back player, I throw paint FAST, like I said... never chopped a ball.

Either my Speed is magical or you all don't know how to read a manual. I read mine on the toilet, twice.

magman007
04-10-2004, 09:19 PM
Go with the Trix, trust me on this one. The biggest mistake i ever made, was selling my toxic trix, for a speed. the speed was dissapointing compared to the trix. The trigger is nicer, there is no dumb space frame (i found this much harder to walk than my trix, even my e-mag)

The adjustability of the trix trigger is really nice

they hold resale better

they are light on the ball, without sacrificing efficiency with volumizers

breakbeam ace is better, suck it up, it is and you all know it.

Evolve makes the trix very efficient

orings do not blow left and right, i never changed an oring on my trix

re lubing isnt a big deal at all

servicing is easy, and the opperation is much easier than the angel

~WarpedRT#2~
04-10-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by TeamNausea
Warped you dont need an lp tank if you wanna chrono over 305:(

wrong.

just wrong.

I use a high pressure output tank, and mine works fine. Dont spread lies. THe manual says you can use up to 850 psi into the mini reg and it will work fine.

~WarpedRT#2~
04-10-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Rope a Dope
No, you didn't use SENSI correctly.

I have NEVER chopped with my Speed. If you chopped, then you did something wrong.

I work on a lot of Angels, dumb kids bring their Speeds to me saying it's chopping... usually their SENSI rods are worn down or they turn it on and rip on it without calibrating SENSI and their VL 2000 doesn't keep up (yeah yeah Dynasty uses slow *** hoppers so I should too ya'll!! hella sick ownz0red manizzle!).

1. Keep SENSI clean

2. Make sure you have a SENSI rod that can actually touch a ball when it is in the breech.

3. When you turn on your Speed, slow fire 10 rounds.

4. Throw paint like you're sponsored by Zap.

Also people need to use the right SENSI setting for what hopper they use. Everyone uses garbage hoppers made by brass eagle, they leave it on SENSI 2 which is the fastest SENSI and most prone to chopping. Because when it does not detect a ball it pauses for like 10ms and then fires no matter what. When you use a revy, you need to use a slower SENSI. When you use a Halo, THEN you can use SENSI 2.

I've put many cases of paint through my speed and I'm a back player, I throw paint FAST, like I said... never chopped a ball.

Either my Speed is magical or you all don't know how to read a manual. I read mine on the toilet, twice.

Everything you said is correct. If you do everything right, YOU WILL NOT CHOP. I have chopped, only due to the fact I didnt turn on the Sensi, and the batteries in my Evo were almost dead, and there I was, trying to pull 13 a sec.

tony3
04-10-2004, 10:09 PM
I used the Sensi test mode before every time I played and calibrated it with 15 different balls. I always used it on sensi 1 with my yboard eggy. I took out the rod, made sure there was no lube or paint on it and made sure it was going into the breech enough. Sensi is worthless.

Rope a Dope
04-10-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by magman007
Go with the Trix, trust me on this one. The biggest mistake i ever made, was selling my toxic trix, for a speed. the speed was dissapointing compared to the trix. The trigger is nicer, there is no dumb space frame (i found this much harder to walk than my trix, even my e-mag)

The adjustability of the trix trigger is really nice

they hold resale better

they are light on the ball, without sacrificing efficiency with volumizers

breakbeam ace is better, suck it up, it is and you all know it.

Evolve makes the trix very efficient

orings do not blow left and right, i never changed an oring on my trix

re lubing isnt a big deal at all

servicing is easy, and the opperation is much easier than the angel

Oh really?

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117110&

Originally posted by magman007
Trix or angel. I hate how Dye is handeling the trix, thats why i sold mine, and i have never been happier shooting my angel speed. Ive owned e-mags and an sfl e-mag, and well, they arent all they are cracked up to be. they lack efficiency, and are heavy.

Go with the speed or a4 IMHO, but its really up to you

Do a search... more retarded crap about whatever marker he currently owns is the very best and all others suck.

magman007, you're an asshat and should shut up when it comes to anything technical. You'd think people would dismiss your opinion from your poor grammar and spelling.

I get so sick of theses threads. Just make a thread called "What marker do you currently own" and base your decision on pure numbers. Theses kids beg their parents for 2 days straight so when they get their new toy it's the phattest sickest nizzle ma-shizzle in the world. It could be a piece of crap, but since they recently sold all their Magic the Gathering cards on eBay to buy it, they will tell you it is the very best gold shillings can buy. :rolleyes:

evan123
04-10-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Raven4000SX
Neither. X-Mag only.

Dude, x-mags are so over rated its not even funny. An aced dye trix is like 10x better then an x-mag sorry. Just go away, all your posts have been is spam and crap. Go away or something.

TeamNausea
04-10-2004, 11:08 PM
Lol nice evan. Raven will have revenge though im sure!

No sKiLLz
04-10-2004, 11:21 PM
Rope, you need to back off. The Matrix has a lot over the Speed.

SENSI does work moderately well. I prefer it over an IR eye like SP Vision or the X-Mags, but it is definitely not as easy and reliable as a break beam eye in a Matrix.

The Speed is lighter and WILL kick more, I don't care how you set up the dwell and the LPR. My girlfriends A4 has the largest volumizer with the LPR set at 60psi and the dwell at 18, and it is still louder and less stable a shooting platform than the Matrix.

Efficiency is all in the settings. If the settings were equal (same dwell, same cycling and final output pressure) the Angel would be more efficient. But once again, it also wouldn't be as stable a shooting platform as the Matrix.

The microswitch and set screws in the Matrix allows for trigger adjustments that are much cleaner than the Angel. Once the leaf spring in the Angel trigger is bent, the lack of tension makes it becomes sloppy as hell. For anyone who doesn't know how to find shims or use aluminum tape, it plain sucks.

There's more but I don't have the time. I'm curious, what's YOUR basis for saying the Speed is a better buy than a Matrix?

Rope a Dope
04-10-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by No sKiLLz

The Speed is lighter and WILL kick more, I don't care how you set up the dwell and the LPR. My girlfriends A4 has the largest volumizer with the LPR set at 60psi and the dwell at 18, and it is still louder and less stable a shooting platform than the Matrix.

So the Speed is lighter... that's a bad thing? As far as recoil, the correct setting is to set the output of your tank at 550psi and then set the LPR to 55psi, not 60, then you can drop the output of your tank to around 400psi and set your dwell to 17ms (Mini reg screw almost flush with the reg body). With paint and this LP mod my Speed does not have any recoil.

True, SENSI is not easy to setup, you have to actually read the manual that it comes with. That must be "hella weak" or something.

Also, where did I say the Speed was a better buy than a Matrix or vice versa? I like my Speed and I am stating facts, not "yo cuz, this gun is hella sick yo, it is the mofo tizzle!!!". But no, the Matrix does not have a lot over the Speed. Nor does it have any less. I like the bells and whistles on my Speed better than the bells and whistles on The Matrix. As far as relibility, any marker you don't take care of will not function properly. Speeds are very reliable, but I've fixed many that dumb kids abused.

You're the one that needs to back your limp bizkit *** up.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6130/fred.jpg

No sKiLLz
04-11-2004, 12:14 AM
You know, I tried to be cool about this, but i didn't know till now that you are a PBN immigrant.

Your Angel kicks. I'm sorry to hurt your feelings, but the laws of physics state that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. The force of expelling the paintball creates more inertia than any reciprocating mass from internal workings of the gun, so if the gun is heavier, it absorbs more of the force caused by launching a paintball. So get over it. The Matrix kicks less than your Angel.

And the "correct" settings are the ones that make the marker shoot better. You honestly think that the dwell being 1 milisecond longer and LPR output being 5 PSI higher is the reason my GF's A4 kicks more than the Matrix?

Speaking of bells and whistles, what does a Speed have that a Matrix doesn't? The LED Love meter on the grip?

Matrix: Multi-function LCD display with adjustable contrast, forward/back pulses, temperature read out, ROF, trip shot counter and game timer. Features a removable two piece breech and two way adjustable trigger.

Your facts are weak, just like your flames. Go back to PBN.

tony3
04-11-2004, 12:14 AM
I don't even know what to say. I have owned a speed and I haven't owned a dye trix. My angel worked good the first time I played with it, then it just never did anything good. Personally, if I was this kid, I'd get a timmy. Mine has worked great so far, its everything I want in a gun.

It seems like maybe you are favoring a gun because you own it? The matrix has distinctive things that are better then the speed no doubt about it. You can argue it all you want but break beam eyes are superior to sensi. If sensi really was better, you'd have sensi in every gun, but you don't. Hell, why didn't WDP leave sensi in the FLY A4 if it wasn't such a problem? Why did dynasty get eyes on all their speeds? Why did Rodney say that sensi is worthless and they aced all their guns? If it really isn't that much of a problem, you wouldn't see a great tech like Rodney hating on sensi. Sensi has some major downfalls.

The trigger on trixes is definitey superior to the one on speeds. I mean, you can't even adjust the weight of the pull on the speed. The weight of the pull is the most important aspect of the pull to me. I don't care if it is short or long, but it need to be able to set it right where I want the weight.

The whole LP tank thing really annoyed me. I had to set my dwell at the 2nd lowest setting and turn my mini reg to the lowest setting to barely get my gun under 300. All high end guns out there can use HP tanks, except the speed. I don't think with my 825 dollar gun I should have to buy a new tank or get a new inline reg.

SpecialBlend2786
04-11-2004, 02:02 AM
The trix has more going for it in my mind. I don't really want to repeat everything that was already said, but I think the only area where the Speed beats the Trix would be in the looks catagory, and maybe upgradability. Thats changing quick though...

And please, lets stop bickering and fighting. It doesn't help anything.

E==Mag MAN
04-11-2004, 12:27 PM
Sensi has definitly yielded different results for people. Two of my teammates have owned speeds. One of them ditched it because sensi like stated many times worked like crap. He made sure his sensi rod always touched the balls he would calibrate it and what not, w/e you do. It would not chop if he had a halo on it... I dont think that was sensi working I think that was the halo. My other teammates speed has screwed up the last tournament and 2 practices. IMO the speed is a lcd with a new board and a crappy eye system. Get the dye trix I have a gen-e eye in my Truama and I have yet to skip or chop a ball, and I dont have to calibrate and replace stupid sensi rods. I turn my gun on shoot and turn it off. I lube it after everyday of play and am yet to have a problem.

Peace
Thomas

~WarpedRT#2~
04-12-2004, 12:27 PM
So, the Speed has momre kick? SO what? Try gripping the minireg just a tad harder, and bam, your problems are gone. A bit more kick, and Sensi (problems, or working flawlessly) has not kept me from shooing people. By the way people, it's not like you have to TURN THE SENSI ON. The gun works the same way all Angels have since before the IR3s, WITHOUT EYES! Simply make sure your loader batteries (I know it's hard for some people to actually check their batteries) are fully charged and ready to go, and you shouldnt have any problems. And for god sakes, dont use something like a damn revvy.

No sKiLLz
04-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by ~WarpedRT#2~
So, the Speed has momre kick? SO what? Try gripping the minireg just a tad harder, and bam, your problems are gone. A bit more kick, and Sensi (problems, or working flawlessly) has not kept me from shooing people. By the way people, it's not like you have to TURN THE SENSI ON. The gun works the same way all Angels have since before the IR3s, WITHOUT EYES! Simply make sure your loader batteries (I know it's hard for some people to actually check their batteries) are fully charged and ready to go, and you shouldnt have any problems. And for god sakes, dont use something like a damn revvy.

You're hopeless. Desperately trying to make the Speed on an even keel with the Matrix and you still can't say anything is better except weight and looks.

Why should we have to grip it harder? What if we're shooting and loading? What if we like having a system that stops the gun from cycling when there is no paintball present? What if our Halo goes down and we HAVE to use a Revvy?

Just give up. You're done.

tony3
04-12-2004, 01:02 PM
If I don't use sensi, then really I have nothing more then a lcd with a space frame.

Ov3rmind
04-12-2004, 01:07 PM
I'd personally gor for a Matrix. The thing of it is, I just don't want to have to deal with some of the crap WDP has yet to fix on the Speed. The smooth, low kick shot of a matrix is also a nice bonus.

E==Mag MAN
04-12-2004, 02:17 PM
Dont use something like a revy??? Since I got my eyes thats all I use on my matrix. It's so nice having such a small hopper again. I shoot up to 13 bps with my rev with eyes, fast enough for me. It's nice having the option to use any hopper without worrying about chops. Get the dye trix no one here can come up with a good reason to buy a speed over a dye trix.

peace
Thomas

~WarpedRT#2~
04-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by No sKiLLz

You're hopeless. Desperately trying to make the Speed on an even keel with the Matrix and you still can't say anything is better except weight and looks.

Have I said anything that has gone into the actual physical workings of eitehr guns? Efficiancy? No, I havent. I've only said that Sensi works for me, and that I love it. BACK OFF.

Why should we have to grip it harder? What if we're shooting and loading? What if we like having a system that stops the gun from cycling when there is no paintball present? What if our Halo goes down and we HAVE to use a Revvy?

You act like it's a chore to actually grip the minireg. Are you that lazy? And why would the "godlike" Halo ever go down? If it does, then you turn on the Sensi. But like I've stated, instead of stating efficiency ratings like others, I've said that Sensi has worked for me.

Just give up. You're done.

No. I'm not. Dont attack me again. Stop looking for fights. My Speed is better for me than any Matrix. Say different. Try it.

I'm with rope a dope 100%, 90% of the people bashing Speeds dont read the manual either. They just dont want to look stupid so they say "Oh I read the manual all right, and the gun is at fault!"

tony3
04-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Then theres the 100% of people supporting speeds that just say read the manual its your fault its breaking, even though sensi is utter crap, so to not look stupid they just say read the manual.

No sKiLLz
04-12-2004, 08:12 PM
I think I know what's wrong here. These two just don't know any better.

That's cool. Enjoy your Angel.:)

~WarpedRT#2~
04-12-2004, 10:45 PM
Yep, my angel works fine. Sensi works great. Yep, I dont know any better. Yep thats its, it's a malfunction in my brain that I like a perfectly working gun. Wow. Just wow.

Raven4000SX
04-21-2004, 05:44 PM
Dude, x-mags are so over rated its not even funny. An aced dye trix is like 10x better then an x-mag sorry. Just go away, all your posts have been is spam and crap. Go away or something.

They are better when your battery dies and your board takes a poop on you. sure....

No sKiLLz
04-22-2004, 11:28 AM
They are better when your battery dies and your board takes a poop on you. sure....

$1,400/availability. Nuff said.

Raven4000SX
04-22-2004, 01:38 PM
$1,400/availability. Nuff said.

Year 2005....................

rudy6732
04-22-2004, 03:43 PM
i personally have seen a speed have problems with a halo. B/c its a fact that halo puts a lot of pressure on the ball stack, and thats how the sensi works is by the pressure (im pretty sure that how it works). There is nothing that can go wrong with the beam eyes in a trix. I know my opinion is swayed b/c i own one, but i would take that trix over any angel. Gas efficiency isnt bad, and you can upgrade it to get over a case off one (68/4500) fill. TRIXES ALL THE WAY!

tony3
04-22-2004, 04:03 PM

Out of the 5 electros I have owned, my battery or board has never died on the field. Hell, I accidently poured water on my impulse and it was fine. The mechinical override option is worthless.