PDA

View Full Version : Logic Introduces the Alpha Automag Rail

CoolHand
04-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Some of you may remember a poll I did a few months ago about what you'd like to see in an aftermarket rail.

Here are the end results:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/AllRails.jpg

http://www.logicpaintball.com/TwoBlueRails.jpg

To check out full specs and pricing, Go to the Dealer's Forum. (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133110)

Later

teufelhunden
04-09-2004, 01:31 PM
holy CRAP!

there's nothing there!

That rail is to a thong what a normal rail is to granny panties!

shartley
04-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Good job... I posted a question for you in your Dealer's Thread.

Tron
04-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Are those the actual colors or is your camera off? And will it be safe with just the field strip screw holding the valve? Other then that pretty cool.

tony3
04-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Awesome, black alpha rail, black benchmark va, red cp foregrip, red logic frame, black chord v2, red xvalve, that would be an awesome looking gun.

DiRTyBuNNy
04-09-2004, 01:37 PM
wow..it looks like a speculum..

Tron
04-09-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
wow..it looks like a speculum..

lol i'll take two then!

CoolHand
04-09-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Tron
Are those the actual colors or is your camera off? And will it be safe with just the field strip screw holding the valve? Other then that pretty cool.

The camera's flash washed the Blue out a little; its darker in person, but the rest are pretty close.

The XMag uses the same kind of straight zlock to locate their valve. If its good enough for AGD's Flagship, its good enough for my rail.

All the ZLock really has to do is keep the regulator half of the valve from unscrewing and coming apart. The straight ZLock does that just fine, and it makes it a little easier to disassemble/reassemble.

Thanks for looking.

shartley
04-09-2004, 01:55 PM
You may try not using the flash, but plenty of natural light.

Again.... great product.

rkjunior303
04-09-2004, 01:57 PM
these approved by the big man himself? :)

deathstalker
04-09-2004, 02:08 PM
Oh snap!

Just when I thought my mechanical 'Mag was complete.

guysdaman
04-09-2004, 02:30 PM
Absolutely beautiful!
Seriously one of the best aftermarket rails I have ever seen! :eek:

shartley
04-09-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by guysdaman
Absolutely beautiful!
Seriously one of the best aftermarket rails I have ever seen! :eek:
I agree.

Cryer
04-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by rkjunior303
these approved by the big man himself? :)
well, if you send your marker into AGD and they determine that its not working because of this rail, just send it to Logic and they will remedy the situation.

CoolHand
04-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Cryer

well, if you send your marker into AGD and they determine that its not working because of this rail, just send it to Logic and they will remedy the situation.

Exactly.

shartley
04-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Which is a good thing. :)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-09-2004, 03:21 PM
it seems like there is a poopload of upgrades for mags now :)

very nice rail btw

CoolHand
04-09-2004, 03:21 PM
Here is a pic of a mag a threw together a few mins ago:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/AlphaMag.jpg

The blues look funny in that pic, but in person they do match (Once again, the flash has washed out the rail. Its overcast today, I'll take them outside if it gets sunny.).

The body is raw.

Later

shartley
04-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Very nice.

ghed
04-09-2004, 03:29 PM
Very nice rail.
With this out will you still be doing Logic milling on classic rails people send in?

rkjunior303
04-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by shartley
Which is a good thing. :)

i agree. no question the rails themselves look very sweet! great job coolhand

CoolHand
04-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by ghed
Very nice rail.
With this out will you still be doing Logic milling on classic rails people send in?

That's a good question.

The answer is - No.

We are discontinuing the Classic Rail milling service.

The rails we have been getting to cut are torn up, and corroded (read that as HUGE pits that only get bigger with stripping and ano), and are generally taking more time than they are worth. Plus, I've never been too happy with the ZLock on those modded rails being half gone.

To that end, anyone with a Classic Rail that we milled can trade it in on one of these Alpha rails, and get a $25 discount (no charge to match previous custom colors).

acropilot19
04-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Sweet.

Any chance of you doing similar with an Emag rail???

50 cal
04-09-2004, 04:55 PM
Holy carp! I almost feel off my barstool! Those look fantastic.

CoolHand
04-09-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by acropilot19
Sweet.

Any chance of you doing similar with an Emag rail???

We already cut RTP and Emag rails.

I can do new ones as well (that start from AGD rails), but the EMag rails are getting hard to come by. You can put an RTP rail on an EMag, if you don't mind the six extra holes up front though.

Thank you for the compliments.

chasden
04-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Love the rail. Look forward to the RT Pro rails given the Alpha treatment... how much longer for those?

acropilot19
04-09-2004, 05:08 PM
I should clarify my Q...

Any way you could cut down an Emag/Rtp rail to look similar or Identical to these.

From what I understand, your current E/rtp rail milling is along the lines of ULE milling for weight loss & are not curvy/sexy like these.

hmmmm?
:)

evilhomer
04-09-2004, 06:21 PM
Nicest aftermarket rail besides the Omega... I love my Omega...

The only thing I don't really like about it is that it's so skinny in some places... Just doesn't look natural...

Good work though!

Tron
04-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by CoolHand
Here is a pic of a mag a threw together a few mins ago:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/AlphaMag.jpg

Later

Hmm looks really out of place. Maybe if everything matched or was the same color it would look a lot better. How do these look while using the ULE bodies and colored Xvalves since none of the shades match?

DWill
04-09-2004, 06:40 PM
Did I see an orange rail? Why yes I did! Great job Ryan and keep up the good work :D

chasden
04-09-2004, 10:30 PM
I'd like to see these rails photographed properly, with parts and Mag bodies that match. I'm sure the effect is much more aesthetically pleasing than that pic.

Coolhand, do you sell the AM/MM sear and sear pin to go with this? I have an RT ULE and my set-up wouldn't work with this rail otherwise...

CoolHand
04-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by acropilot19
I should clarify my Q...

Any way you could cut down an Emag/Rtp rail to look similar or Identical to these.

From what I understand, your current E/rtp rail milling is along the lines of ULE milling for weight loss & are not curvy/sexy like these.

hmmmm?

We already do:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/PewterRTCustom.jpg

Comparo:

http://www.logicpaintball.com/RTPCompare.jpg

Chasden - Yes I can put you together a package so you get everything you need.

Thank you for your interest.

toolfan62
04-09-2004, 11:40 PM
so people who sent the classic rail in a long time ago like my dad did in january wont be getting their rail back or what?

CoolHand
04-10-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by toolfan62
so people who sent the classic rail in a long time ago like my dad did in january wont be getting their rail back or what?

Would your dad be Prezents?

If so, I'll send his rail back unmilled, and just boot him over an Alpha (free of charge of course) as a thank you for the loan of the Hyperframe.

If that's not him, I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't have any rails here that have been setting around for more than a few days (unless they belong to me). I suggest you email me, if you are still confused.

Just to clarify, all classic rails that are in the pipeline (IE, paid for, and on the way here, or already here) will be milled ano'ed and sent back to their owner. We are just not accepting any more rails for the sculpting service.

toolfan62
04-10-2004, 12:19 AM
no my dad is eatem alive..and hes still waiting on his frame and rail..its been over 2 months since he ordered it..i was just wondering where they are

steveo356
04-10-2004, 12:39 AM
well my only Q is these only work with the logic fram or will any frame work. i love that red 1

Raven4000SX
04-10-2004, 01:19 AM
very nice rails. better than that other R *cough* brand......

kauai_paintball
04-10-2004, 03:14 AM
Can I see it on a Karta mainbody? i want to see if they look sexy together.

CoolHand
04-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by steveo356
well my only Q is these only work with the logic fram or will any frame work. i love that red 1

They will work with any frame, just like AGD rails.

Kauai - I'd take that pic for you, but I don't have a Karta setting here.

Toolfan - Ah, he bought a frame too. That's the snag then. His rail and frame should ship next week sometime (as soon as the trigger pivots are done).

logamus
04-10-2004, 11:35 AM
coolhand, you make me wish i had a mag again. those rails are great.

Originally posted by Raven4000SX
better than that other R *cough* brand......
remember what thumpers father told him, if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. ragging on someone elses product, espically someone who puts quite a bit of time an effort into their work is just not cool.

CoolHand
04-10-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by logamus
. . . . remember what thumpers father told him, if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. ragging on someone elses product, espically someone who puts quite a bit of time an effort into their work is just not cool.

That is most true.

shartley
04-10-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by logamus
remember what thumpers father told him, if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. ragging on someone elses product, espically someone who puts quite a bit of time an effort into their work is just not cool.
This is VERY true!

What a wonderful world this would be if this was applied evenly and didn’t depend on if you like the person or not.

And does that apply to personal attacks and insults directed at their wife and children too, even when they have NOTHING to do with the product line or reasons someone may not like the individual?

Oh yeah… I do read more than just AO.

Sorry CoolHand, I didn’t mean to hijack the thread… only want to point out that people should practice what they preach, and apply their “suggestions” across the board evenly. Otherwise is does not really mean as much as it should… or looks like at face value.

CoolHand
04-10-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by shartley

This is VERY true!

What a wonderful world this would be if this was applied evenly and didn’t depend on if you like the person or not.

And does that apply to personal attacks and insults directed at their wife and children too, even when they have NOTHING to do with the product line or reasons someone may not like the individual?

Oh yeah… I do read more than just AO.

Sorry CoolHand, I didn’t mean to hijack the thread… only want to point out that people should practice what they preach, and apply their “suggestions” across the board evenly. Otherwise is does not really mean as much as it should… or looks like at face value.

That is also most true.

Don't worry about the hijack Sam, we all gots to vent from time to time. :D

Here's how I look at it:

If potential customers are baggin on the product, take their comments and make it better, that's your job.

If a compeditor is baggin on the product, you've already done your job (IE If they feel the need to tear yours down, what's that say about theirs?)

If they start to attack me personally, it usually means they can't find anything wrong with the product.

I have a pretty thick skin, so I don't take any of it to heart, but it still makes you angry.

Later

FutureMagOwner
04-10-2004, 12:17 PM
besides while your rail is good i honestly would never buy one it doesnt fit in with the rest of my gun, the rouge rail on the other hand does so which is a better product? you cant really say that x rail is better than another one because there is no performance difference really plus or minus and ounce of weight which is debateable if there is any real noticable difference.

but also take into consideration who posted that (a guy who was banned from here and pbreview already...)

CoolHand
04-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Well, despite the dubious nature of the poster, its still sound advice, which I intend to follow.

I also understand where you are coming from (about your choice of rail). A lot of my stuff is kinda extream, from a style standpoint. Naturally, its not going to be for everyone. Rogue's stuff is a bit more subdued, which is good for the folks who shy away from my stuff. We each have our niche, which is why my stuff doesn't look like his.

I mean, I could totally put out a direct copy of his products, but that would just lead to a price war, which leave both of us with a smaller piece of the pie.

And really, where's the fun in cloning a product that's already for sale?

rkjunior303
04-10-2004, 01:51 PM
Different strokes for Different folks.

I think it can be said that no matter the AO dealer on here, they all put in a ton of effort to bring us the best products they can. EVERYONE does a great job, even if personal taste is different from 'baller to 'baller.

RoadDawg
04-10-2004, 03:22 PM
Looks interesting but I'll say it's not my cup of tea. The reason I don't like it is that mid point where the sear is put in. It doesn't seem to "flow" that nice to me (refering to the teal blue one). Also I think it's a little too skinny but like was said before some will like it and others won't. I'm sure it looks better in person and if it does.. fantastic... I'm sticking with my RF rail though cause it flows better with my setup at the moment. Good job CH.

breg
04-11-2004, 01:47 AM
Nice rails. It would be cool if some one with a little more disposable income than me got a sluggo milled to match it.

FutureMagOwner
04-11-2004, 09:26 AM
road dog just made me think of a question, where that does get thin in the rail does it make a lip on the trigger frame?

CoolHand
04-11-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
road dog just made me think of a question, where that does get thin in the rail does it make a lip on the trigger frame?

I just checked the assembled mag I have here, and it does make a tiny lip.

I'm going to fix that, before I cut any more. Its very tiny, like <0.050", but it is there. I hadn't noticed it before, thanks for catching that.

The shape will change slightly, to accomodate the wider base, but not enough to notice.

Thanks for the input guys.

FutureMagOwner
04-11-2004, 03:29 PM
hehe cool does that mean i get a free sample for helping :D ;) just kidding lol

stondroopy
04-11-2004, 03:36 PM
can we see one on a intelli frame?and any idea if you will be making themm in dust black?also those look pretty good :)

einhander619
04-11-2004, 06:46 PM
Very nice! I would have called it something dirty like the G-string rail or something, but that's just perverted 'ol me. Since it's still in its early stages, have you considered making it and your frame flow together a little more? I'm thinking X-mag style where one curve on one part of the gun flows into another somewhere else.

Raven4000SX
04-21-2004, 05:40 PM
IMO Good money making marketing scheme.

That's a good question.

The answer is - No.

We are discontinuing the Classic Rail milling service.

The rails we have been getting to cut are torn up, and corroded (read that as HUGE pits that only get bigger with stripping and ano), and are generally taking more time than they are worth. Plus, I've never been too happy with the ZLock on those modded rails being half gone.

To that end, anyone with a Classic Rail that we milled can trade it in on one of these Alpha rails, and get a $25 discount (no charge to match previous custom colors).

CoolHand
04-21-2004, 11:05 PM
IMO Good money making marketing scheme.

I don't think I'd call it a scheme, as that would indicate that I had this all planned before the first classic rails were milled.

In actuality, I started cutting the Classics, found out AGD was discontinuing them (or was choosing to be perpetually out of stock, call it what you will), so I sought an alternate billet to creat from.

Now we fast forward, and I have my new billet, and unlimited possibilites for new rails. It is only Logical (ha :D pun) to give the folks with the torn up Classic rails I cut (some of them have been in BAD shape when they showed up here) another option that is a little cheaper (my way of saying thank you for your confidence in me the first time 'round).

That, and its a way to maybe sell a few more rails. :D

Raven4000SX
04-22-2004, 01:47 PM
I don't think I'd call it a scheme, as that would indicate that I had this all planned before the first classic rails were milled.

In actuality, I started cutting the Classics, found out AGD was discontinuing them (or was choosing to be perpetually out of stock, call it what you will), so I sought an alternate billet to creat from.

Now we fast forward, and I have my new billet, and unlimited possibilites for new rails. It is only Logical (ha :D pun) to give the folks with the torn up Classic rails I cut (some of them have been in BAD shape when they showed up here) another option that is a little cheaper (my way of saying thank you for your confidence in me the first time 'round).

That, and its a way to maybe sell a few more rails. :D

There are still a lot of us out there that still have the classic rail. I know that I and 5 of my other Mag owning friends still have one. It would be good to still have the milling service. The way I see it, canceling the milling service FORCES you to spend more uneccesary money on the new rail. By the way, the new rail doesn't have a twist lock pin? (I'm not giving up on my twistlock for a long time)

No sKiLLz
04-22-2004, 02:19 PM
There are still a lot of us out there that still have the classic rail. I know that I and 5 of my other Mag owning friends still have one. It would be good to still have the milling service. The way I see it, canceling the milling service FORCES you to spend more uneccesary money on the new rail. By the way, the new rail doesn't have a twist lock pin? (I'm not giving up on my twistlock for a long time)

He's not "forcing" you to do anything. Maybe if you buy Ryan a new mill and paid for some immigrant labor he might be able to mill your old rails, but since his current resources are focused on making better than stock parts I say quit questioning his character and buy either an Alpha Rail, Rogue Rail, or a dremel tool.

AGDlover
04-22-2004, 02:27 PM
ya i will be buying one within the month

CoolHand
04-22-2004, 06:44 PM
. . . . . . By the way, the new rail doesn't have a twist lock pin? (I'm not giving up on my twistlock for a long time)

You are right, in that they do not ship with a twist lock bushing.

However, there is a hole there for one to be used, if you want to.

If you want to use a twist lock, you will have to either:

A) Buy one with your Alpha rail.

or

B) Press the bushing out of your stock rail and use it over.

Either will work just fine.

I'm trying to get away from the old classic rails because they are usually in pretty rough shape when they show up. If they are rough coming in, I can't really add back material to fill pits or dents or whathaveyou, so the finished product looks not as good as it could. I don't like that, and I'm sure the customers don't like that much either.

So, it boils down to two things:

1) I don't like to put out work that doesn't come up to my standards (even if there's no way around it)
and
2) The trickle of classic rails that shows up only disrupts the flow of work (I have to change out fixtures, and load different tools into the changer in order to cut them, so I can either charge twice as much, or wait until I have 5 or 6 to cut, both of which make people mad.).

For those two reasons, they gots to go.

I realize I may have lost some work by doing this, but I can hardly keep up with what I have now anyway.

Thank you for your interest.

hawpunch
04-22-2004, 08:12 PM
coolhand,

i made an order for one of your alpha rails in black. i just wanted to make a clarification. i am not getting a milled rtp pro rail right? i was under the impression from the pictures, that the alpha rail was just a regular automag rail that has been milled. thanks.

jae park

CoolHand
04-22-2004, 08:40 PM
coolhand,

i made an order for one of your alpha rails in black. i just wanted to make a clarification. i am not getting a milled rtp pro rail right? i was under the impression from the pictures, that the alpha rail was just a regular automag rail that has been milled. thanks.

jae park

Actually, you are getting neither.

The Alpha rail does not start from an AGD part at all.

I had a run of bar stock extruded especially for these rails. They are machined from scratch, from new material.

Thank you for your business.

Ginjiroku
04-22-2004, 08:54 PM
Very nice rail.

hawpunch
04-22-2004, 09:04 PM
coolhand,

thanks for the timely response. that's all cool, as long as it looks like the rail in the picture at the beginning of this thread. love your products so far...keep up the great work.

jae park

Raven4000SX
04-22-2004, 11:47 PM
Actually I'm just saying I keep my rail in excellent condition and I'm sure that other people do to. The majority of Mag owners out there probably still have the classic rail.

yaddatrance
04-23-2004, 04:18 AM
Actually I'm just saying I keep my rail in excellent condition and I'm sure that other people do to. The majority of Mag owners out there probably still have the classic rail.

I say sell it and then buy the alpha... you'll actually save money if you do that. I'm personally waiting for his next batch (with the wider base)

chasden
04-23-2004, 05:06 PM
Mine just arrived today, thank Ryan. It's so light and small! Can't wait to get it all put together. :)

atm743
04-23-2004, 05:26 PM
i jest got my logic alpha rail in and i love it. heres a pic of it on my mag!

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3972/IM000381.JPG

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4637/IM000380.JPG

yaddatrance
04-23-2004, 05:45 PM
ATM: OOh... I like how the rail matches the barrel. :)

cockerdude02
04-23-2004, 06:05 PM
CoolHand- if you need a RTP rail to try this on, i have one laying around thats about 3 weeks old...I bought stuff to custom build an RTP w/ all the stuff i wanted then my friend gave me a roguefactor rail which is on my gun now. The rail has a small scratch but no rust or anything so yeah. Let me know, i'll be a guinea pig if u wanna try it on a RTP rail so see how well it'll work. :cool: only thing is, if u mess up on it u gotta give me an alpha rail and logic frame free of charge. lol :D

atm743
04-23-2004, 06:16 PM
CoolHand- if you need a RTP rail to try this on, i have one laying around thats about 3 weeks old...I bought stuff to custom build an RTP w/ all the stuff i wanted then my friend gave me a roguefactor rail which is on my gun now. The rail has a small scratch but no rust or anything so yeah. Let me know, i'll be a guinea pig if u wanna try it on a RTP rail so see how well it'll work. :cool: only thing is, if u mess up on it u gotta give me an alpha rail and logic frame free of charge. lol :D

he allready dose rtp rails. you can send yours in and he will mill it. i dont know if he is going to make rtp alpha rails though

heres the link
http://www.logicpaintball.com/cgi-bin/mivavm?Merchant2/merchant.mvc+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LP&Product_Code=RTPMilling&Category_Code=LP

ghed
04-23-2004, 06:18 PM
Cockerdude: I believe Coolhand alrdy offers Logic Milling on RTP rails, it should be somewhere in the dealer forum.

CoolHand
04-23-2004, 09:30 PM
. . . i dont know if he is going to make rtp alpha rails though . . .

If I get enough call for them, I would have no problem stocking Sculpted RTP rails.

If I stock them, I'm gonna have to come up with some kinda cool name for them though . . . . Hmmmm . . . . better start thinking.

Anyhoo, thank you for your business guys.