View Full Version : My NEW Ricochet

PsychoMag
10-01-2001, 07:57 AM
All I have to say, is SWEET!!!

I played in a poorly setup tourney yesterday, and my only bright side was the new ricochet i picked up in clear. I can tell you at least 4 times that it worked for me as I saw the ball actually "ricochet" right off the hopper without a hit. three of my players also bought one at the extremely low price for our team.

It is a lil bit louder, but thats well worth the added features and alarms. I love it, and it loks awesome on the RT Pro :)

2000Sabre
10-01-2001, 04:24 PM
I also own the Ricochet 2K hopper and am extremely happy with it. It's actually the only hopper I've owned that actually works consistently and I've owned an EVolution, and 12 V Revy. I'm not convinced that the "bounce" aspect is a reality though, I think it's more of a marketing gimmick. Especially since I had at least three hopper hits this weekend.

I'd still recommend buying one though, because it works great and is very reliable.

Mr. Hick
10-01-2001, 08:31 PM
the hoppers main affect that should really be noted is that it is a MUCH smaller profile then a revy or eggolution. so even if it doesn't bounce everyball you will have tough time trying to hit it.

heres a test if you don't believe me. put the hopper at about eye level from about 30 feet away. now shoot at it. see how many times you can hit it.
post your results and lets see how it works.

Cha0tic
10-01-2001, 08:57 PM
i think it all depends on the angle you hit it at. if it is straight on, chances are it will bounce. if it gets hit from the side, it will probably break :)

PsychoMag
10-01-2001, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Cha0tic
i think it all depends on the angle you hit it at. if it is straight on, chances are it will bounce. if it gets hit from the side, it will probably break :)

exactly...I did notice that, but a side hit will break on any hopper

LeadBasedPaint
10-01-2001, 11:51 PM
I think its awfully pricey for a 12V copy with a few bells and whistles and a cool design. Sure the alarms are nice, but most people already have timers.

PsychoMag
10-02-2001, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by LeadBasedPaint
I think its awfully pricey for a 12V copy with a few bells and whistles and a cool design. Sure the alarms are nice, but most people already have timers.

It is not even close to a revvie...it is a heck of alot more reliable, and I have yet to outshoot it. I play tourneys often, and rarely see a "timer" except on a Rico. I rarely even see JT speedcollars with timers.

I just assume you have never actually used one, to make that opinion. Besides the fact it is more effiecient, and only 9v not 12v by the way.

The cool design works, if you play tourneys, you would know that the easiest target on a marker IS the hopper. I hit most people on the hopper, and this loader in that respect, is worth its weight in gold.

only downfall is the servo is a little bit noisier.

no biggie

Ninja B0Y
10-02-2001, 11:30 AM
So if someone shoots you head on, at the hopper, won't the ball deflect and hit you in the goggles?

PsychoMag
10-02-2001, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Ninja B0Y
So if someone shoots you head on, at the hopper, won't the ball deflect and hit you in the goggles?
it is possible if hit on the inside of the hopper. Nobody said it was fool proof, but I like the odds vs. the revvie.

Cro§§ƒire
10-02-2001, 12:53 PM
Heh in practice I loved the feeding from the Ricochet 2k. Not much louder, but it feeds very constant, one thing I noticed playing front it I had one ball bounce of the hopper and hit me striaght in the mask. :)

LeadBasedPaint
10-02-2001, 04:32 PM
Warpig just reviewed some hoppers and it seemed that the Ricochet wasn't any faster or more relyable than the 12V. You are right about me not having used one though.