PDA

View Full Version : nubbin question

SOAD8789
04-09-2004, 08:02 PM
when i first got my mag, my friend told me that the nubbin wasnt needed. we didnt even know what it was at the time, he just thought he always saw mags without the nubbin. anyways, i took it off and threw it away and dont have one now. i tried to shoot my gun, but the balls rolled right out. im usin twist ties right now and its keepin the paintballs from rollin or double feedin, but is there any other solution other than a new nubbin? if not, where can i get one?

RRfireblade
04-09-2004, 08:09 PM
No,get one....you need it.

Or 6......

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=2&categoryID=16

Tunaman
04-09-2004, 08:09 PM
No...you need a new nubbin and 2 barrel orings to hold it in. Send me your address and I will send you a couple.:D ;)

SOAD8789
04-09-2004, 08:12 PM
u serious tunaman??? if you really wanna send me some, try to send a couple of barrel o rings......

are you sure the twist tie wont work though, cause i really wanna play tomorrow. i just got my gun yesterday, and i went up to play today, but it was screwed up. i fixed it, shot it a little, and i really wanna play with it.

Zneaky
04-10-2004, 01:03 AM
you are kidding me right?
ADG doesn't put anything on there that you dont need. Even if you thought "I dont need this" why not through it in a junk drawer or something? You just threw it out... wierd

Raven4000SX
04-10-2004, 01:26 AM
advice for you in the future. Don't ever listen to what you friend says about Mags. The truth is, most don't know jack about them. Make sure you use the plastic nubbins, not the wire.

Raven4000SX
04-10-2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Tunaman
No...you need a new nubbin and 2 barrel orings to hold it in. Send me your address and I will send you a couple.:D ;)

really? AGD charges like 6 dollars I think. I had to buy them. Would you please hookup a fellow Mag owner????:p

nittany
04-11-2004, 02:09 AM
My nubbin seems so weak. I feel like i'm having double feed problems causing breaks. I have an rt with lvl 10. It really blows and I think it is the nubbin. Mine is a plastic one.

The only solutions I can think of is too add more onto the end of the nubbin holding balls in place better or getting an ule body. I'm only using a revvy so the loader isn't forcing them past the detent.

It really sucks.... got any ideas?

REDRT
04-11-2004, 02:13 AM
nittany, Get a physics book? after all it solve my question.

Raven4000SX
04-11-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by nittany
My nubbin seems so weak. I feel like i'm having double feed problems causing breaks. I have an rt with lvl 10. It really blows and I think it is the nubbin. Mine is a plastic one.

The only solutions I can think of is too add more onto the end of the nubbin holding balls in place better or getting an ule body. I'm only using a revvy so the loader isn't forcing them past the detent.

It really sucks.... got any ideas?

Doesn't sound right. The plastic nubbins are the best, they self adjust for the size of any paintball. Maybe you have really small bore paint? I don't know. I've had my Mag for 3 years with no double feeding.

REDRT
04-11-2004, 02:42 AM
Really, one would think the metal nubbins would be better because they're made of metal of coarse and I figure thet the chance of breakage (of the nubbin) would be reduced. I don't know, I ordered a slu of plastic ones to see if they are better or not.

nittany
04-11-2004, 09:45 AM
I'm using marbilizers and they fit the barrel well on the blow test. The back of the barrel that serves as the breach is a tad wider and it can go past the nubbin.

SOAD8789
04-11-2004, 07:15 PM
i borrowed a wire nubbin to use yesterday, and it worked really good. no problems at all.

Plazmic
04-12-2004, 11:42 AM
The wire nubbins are fine. It's just that every now and then they'll cut a ball. That's no fun.