PDA

View Full Version : metal inserts in Dye knee pads?

abunkerer
04-10-2004, 12:43 PM
In the description it says metal inserts..I own a pair of Dye "core" knee pads and they don't have metal inserts. I know this for a fact, last week I slid and a piece of a broken pod cut through my pant and through the kneepad!
anyone have a pair of Dye's that have metal inserts?

2004 CORE DIVISION KNEE PADS

The DYE Core Knee Pads were designed for the most aggressive player who is willing to risk it all for the love of the game. If you want to make the game winning move without having to worry about your knees, then these are a must. From the abrasion-resistant outer skin, to the energy rebounding metal inserts, DYE Core Knee Pads will give you a sense of protection like no other. Knees are important, so don’t take a chance. Ask Ryan Williams. M/L, XL, XXL.

WenULiVeUdiE
04-10-2004, 12:53 PM
You sure you have the 04's?

abunkerer
04-10-2004, 01:02 PM
no im not sure. they look exactly like the ones in the picture though.
overall they are very nice pads..anyone have a pair of confirmed 04's with metal inserts?

phantomhitman
04-10-2004, 01:30 PM
dye has 2 version of knee and elbow pads i believe. the cheaper ones are the core series, just padding. the other is the c4 series or something. they are made a lot nicer and may have metal inserts, but I am not sure about that. The c4 series wrap around your knees or elbows, and fold over to go down your leg or forearm.

nt2004
04-10-2004, 05:39 PM
i heard something about the new dye pants having kevlar so how did a pod cut through it?

joshweinerhead
04-10-2004, 06:05 PM
heres where the strips are
http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/joshweinerhead/corekneepads2.gif

i found it out when i started to bend mine

dinger
04-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by abunkerer
no im not sure.
here's a quick way to decipher: did you pay 140$ for them?

lollerskates

phantomhitman
04-10-2004, 06:39 PM
dinger, he is asking about the knee pads, not the dye c4 pants.

the pic of the knee pads above is the c4 series. the core version is different i believe.

abunkerer
04-10-2004, 08:11 PM
the pic in joshwienerhead's post is the pad that I have. they are the Core knee pads. there is no where to put the metal inserts, and there is no metal inserts in them.

for the person who was wondering how I had a pod rip through my pad; it was a piece of a broken pod, it was like a piece of broken glass...and I knee slid into a bunker, i weigh about 200lbs.

I want to know if anyone has metal inserts in their DYE kneepads, if no then they should not advertise it as such.

the dye website shows them for sale at like 39$, and the description states that they have metal inserts...that is what I payed for them, and they do not have anywhere to put mtal inserts.

phantomhitman
04-10-2004, 08:49 PM
hhhmmmm... that is weird. I have went to 2 local stores recently looking for those kneepads as well as some dye elbow pads, but no one has them in my size. I will check out the store again to see if they metal in them though.

DementedRabbit
04-10-2004, 09:10 PM
If you weigh that much, nothing short of Harbinger pads is going to keep you from hurting your knees.

prikkaboo
04-10-2004, 09:13 PM
the metal inserts are just little things on the sides of the pad, as illustrated in the above pic. Joshweinerhead was right. If you read the description by dye, they're called energy rebounding... which means they act like springs to help you open you legs. I had an old pair of core pads and hte metal things ripped out, thats how I know.

joshweinerhead
04-10-2004, 09:21 PM
i am right!!

AcemanPB
04-10-2004, 11:45 PM
I have some DYE kneepads. The metal insert is a small wire/spring that runs along the side of knee pad. It doesn't really do much and mine ended up falling out, maybe I'll take a pic later.

joshweinerhead
04-10-2004, 11:55 PM
they sorta bounce your knee forward .. its good a good idea for when ya know, you forget how to walk:cool:

abunkerer
04-11-2004, 06:47 AM
ha..Thanks for the info guys! I don't know why that was so confusing to me...
anyway if anyone is looking to buy knee pads the Core's are nice.. knee pads are a one of the most important pieces of gear that you can have.

rdb123
04-11-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by abunkerer
ha..Thanks for the info guys! I don't know why that was so confusing to me...
anyway if anyone is looking to buy knee pads the Core's are nice.. knee pads are a one of the most important pieces of gear that you can have.

I'd buy them but even the XL is very tight and seems like it is cutting off circulation ha.