PDA

View Full Version : Hyperframe/level 10 problem

paintballrulzs
04-10-2004, 12:44 PM
The last tourney I went in my gun was fine all day. Then is started acting up towards the very end. The pin kept dropping in the frame and I would have to take an allen wrench to push it back up. The sometimes I would shoot and nothing would happen at all. I would just hear clicking from the frame. I have tried a few things, but am kinda stuck. It is something prolly very basic, I just don't have the time right now to work on it. If someone knows what would fix it that would be a great help. Thanks.

Doobie
04-12-2004, 02:50 PM
Expand on "the pin kept dropping in the frame" please.
Also...fresh batteries?
Did you try to re-lube it?
20bps board?

paintballrulzs
04-15-2004, 09:15 AM
The pin in the valve. The on/off pin drops in the frame and I need to take an allen wrench to push it back up, which also shoots the gun if that means anything to you. When the pin is dropped the gun won't fire. It clicks as if no air is attached. The batteries were brand new energizers. I just recently oiled everything.

hitech
04-15-2004, 02:32 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by dropping into the frame. If the on/off pin is slipping off the sear you have alignment issues. Is the valve field strip screw tight? BTW, pushing on the sear through the "pre-fire hole" is supposed to fire the marker.

What board do you have? What are the service mode settings? What level 10 spring are you using? You may have problems using anything stronger than the shortest one without a ULT.

GA Devil
04-15-2004, 03:46 PM
Do you happen to be missing the rail bushing? or have real extensive wear on rail where sear pin sits or on the sear where the pin goes through?

paintballrulzs
04-19-2004, 05:58 PM
I just tried to shoot it and the gun is making a hsssssssssh noise then finally cocking after each shot. It is really weird. The rail is like brand new. Everything is in place. And when I do push the sear the gun does fire. But sometimes the gun only fires if i push the sear first. Like I will be shooting a stream of like 50 shots and then i have to repush the sear.

paintballrulzs
04-19-2004, 06:17 PM
I think I have the medium spring in. I just tried to shoot it and as i attached my tank the gun seemed to properly "gas up" but then when i pulled the trigger just a loud "click click" no actually movement of the bolt or air. When I push on the sear the gun won't even shoot! I was hoping to have this fixed so i could play in a week.....

EDIT* I just tried it again and when I adjusted the velocity and pushed the pin I get a little air noise but no shooting still. When I push the sear I hear "pshhhh" until I let go. It is a very faint sounding air noise but it is noticable. I think it may be all due to my level 10 configuration. Could someone tell me the setup they are running in their hyperframe minimag please. I want to try different combinations. Also if anyone has extra shims please im me on aim or leave a message. I need them asap. Thanks

Doobie
04-19-2004, 06:30 PM
I was wxperiancing similar problems. I have 2 Lvl 10 Shims in. If you set the LVL10 with a mech trigger frame first then it is easier to adjust everything else. If you don't have a ULT I would suggest it. I started with no ULT shims after I adjusted my LVL 10 mechanically and then added one shim at a time until I was rocking! It did take about 5 or so shims though. Give a liitle more power to your solenoid and increase the dwel about 5 milsec and see what happens. This is what worked for me.

gderuchie
04-19-2004, 06:51 PM
The same thing Happened to me at Skyball 2k2...I bought My Hyperframe at Skyball right from the Centerflag Rep. and within 2 games it did the same thing to me so I brought right back to the Rep..It was in On/Off Pin it had mushroomed at the sear end.. He replaced and gave me a few extra Pins for "Just In Case "..Its not very noticable except you may have a hard time getting the pin out of the On/Off.. If this is your problem Contact Centerflag for a new Pin... Good Luck...

Greg

paintballrulzs
04-19-2004, 07:08 PM
I just replaced that pin during the summer. Now just as you said that I took the gun apart and the pin seems to have mushroomed like you said. I dont know what it is. I just took the gun apart and switched it with my other hyperframed mag's valve/bolt/etc and it just seems to be stupid yet again. The thing just clicked for some quite some time so I resorted to playing with the velocity yet again. Then the gun just gushed air like crazy (the velocity was way to high I am assuming). I pushed on the sear and it shot then did the hissing crap again. AH this is driving me crazy. I was hoping to have this gun shootable asap because I got a tourney coming up. :( . I will try and call centerflag tomorrow, but I remember last time they charged me like 20 bucks for that stupid pin. You said the guy gave you extras for just incase....Do you possibly have one you want to sell to me. Also I would prolly get it a lot quicker that way. I also think the gun may be acting up because of the level 10. I am gonna try and see if the on/off from my other gun works but knowing my luck that one stemmed too. Actually I remember when I put this on that they give you an on/off. Thanks for the help. I am going to keep trying to tinker with this. As of now I am frustrated beyond belief.

EDIT* Well I just tried to switch the pins. The other one seems to be fine. I put it in the main gun and put it back together and now nothing. The gun clicks but no real gassing noise. The gun makes the normal gas noise and the click that usually means you can shoot it, but nothing. When i pull the trigger just clicking and when I push the sear NOTHING. O man this is a rough day.

Edit** Ok well I just pushed the sear and the gun leaks down the barrel. This is with level 10 installed and such. O man this is prolly some basic thing, but I just haven't delt with the gun in so long it seems to foreign to me.

GA Devil
04-19-2004, 07:32 PM
have you just tried tuning the lvl10 again? What on/off are you running in it now? Is your safty installed? If not try resetting the silenoid thru that hole with a pen or something and see if you can get it to work.

Could always just get the DevilMAG upgrade too...lol shameless plug

paintballrulzs
04-19-2004, 07:50 PM
DevilMag upgrade? Sorry been off the boards what is that

GA Devil
04-19-2004, 07:53 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=132792

be sure to watch the video on the 2nd page posted by me