PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Feeds? WHY NOT?

NuclearSiege
04-10-2004, 10:46 PM
why is it that every stock Mag that I look for has a stardard feed? I WANT A VERTICAL. That is the only reason that I bought a Cocker. There was no VF for them. Now I know they make em, but why not put them on normal classic or stardard looks? Same with the mini.

Noone wants an elbow in a tournament! I cant stand em. you dont really aim anyway. You look where it is going.

RoadDawg
04-10-2004, 10:53 PM
I believe that with the blowback that a stock mag produces the vert feed would be way tall. There is always the no-rise option too.

ramennoodles
04-10-2004, 10:53 PM
why buy upgrades when they would come stock? some people might what that kind of feed?

NuclearSiege
04-10-2004, 10:55 PM
THEN THEY COULD MILL THE BODY A LITTLE DIFFERENTLY. So many people would buy it if they put vf on the cheaper mags. Its only sensable. I would buy one in a heartbeat if they did that.

the classic has too long of a feed. i cut mine in half with a hack saw, looks a whole lot better. LOL

trevorjk
04-10-2004, 10:58 PM
i dont think they even make classic valves anymore but i could be wrong... and why not just buy the xvalve package that comes with a ule body wich is vert feed 30X better

NuclearSiege
04-10-2004, 11:16 PM
well, a normal mag is about the price of a tipmann. Lots of kids would buy one for that price. Probllem is...doesnt have a barrel, ect. NOTHIN. what is up with that???

Make it vertical and people will take another look at it. Dont get me wrong. I like mags. Im just trying to help Airgun Designs. YOU CAN SELL MORE GUNS IF YOU DO THIS.

govnamac
04-10-2004, 11:28 PM
For a vert feed ss bodied mag, the barrel itself has to be milled specially to work with the body. Otherwise the hole doesn't like up with the feedtube. Very few companies do this, which means they would have to do an aftermarket modification.

Also, I don't think the stainless bodies are even being produced anymore. AGD is moving towards the ULE parts.

Tobe2be
04-11-2004, 01:01 AM
Its fairly easy to say TK do this do that make a roller trigger make this make that.. chances are they either do good or the are a major flop hence the roller trigger comment. you guys are talking bout old technology that AGD has outdated with its new ULE body. AGD thought of what you are thinking way before you. so what did they do they made a vert feed body that weighs all of 4 oz and that accepts a barrel that everyone is familiar with which is cocker threaded. now if you can explain any cons towards the ule body please do. now i will hide in the hole i call nyc.

White_Noise
04-11-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Tobe2be
Its fairly easy to say TK do this do that make a roller trigger make this make that.. chances are they either do good or the are a major flop hence the roller trigger comment. you guys are talking bout old technology that AGD has outdated with its new ULE body. AGD thought of what you are thinking way before you. so what did they do they made a vert feed body that weighs all of 4 oz and that accepts a barrel that everyone is familiar with which is cocker threaded. now if you can explain any cons towards the ule body please do. now i will hide in the hole i call nyc.

exactly^:D

UltimatePaintballer
04-11-2004, 01:08 AM
just order a custom rt pro!!!! they come stock with them

SpecialBlend2786
04-11-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by UltimatePaintballer
just order a custom rt pro!!!! they come stock with them

yepyepyepyepyep

UltimatePaintballer
04-11-2004, 01:17 AM
thanks you special blend you are a P1mp, now wheres my orange juice:confused:

NuclearSiege
04-11-2004, 10:35 AM
which body has the cocker threads? Tell me in great detail and where i can find it.

Cryer
04-11-2004, 10:57 AM
The ULE body does. Check in the Dealer Froum for a post by Fragtek titled "Rogue ULE RT customs HOT" or something along those lines...

You can order an RTpro and customize it, including the option for a vert-feed, cocker-threaded ULE body.;)

robdamanii
04-11-2004, 11:06 AM
Jesus Cryer, that signature image almost made me fall off the chair...

On topic: check the airgun.com online store for a place to buy a ULE body.

trevorjk
04-11-2004, 11:15 AM
ule body

cost:$150(ish)

can be found at these links

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.catalog&categoryID=70

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105892

and by all means look around theres other sellers those are just 2 of the top places around here to get them unless you go outside of AO

i how ever would recommend this

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=368&categoryID=79

and beleive me when i say it is well worth the extra $300 or so... and you will be happy with it once it is set right(lvl 10 and ule trigger)

--26 bps with no shootdown capabilities
--with a properly set up level 10 virtually im possible to chop paint!
--and not to mention you will have one of the lightest and fasted guns on the market all in a mech

some other links you may want to follow
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132492&highlight=zman+speed+test
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126609

just to show the capability of the gun i linked you to

NuclearSiege
04-11-2004, 08:33 PM
sweet thx

tjmpaintball06
04-11-2004, 08:37 PM
the tac one is cool. its cocker barrels and lightweight

LittlePaintballBoy
04-11-2004, 11:09 PM
Tac-One and light do not fit in the same sentence. The one I held was heavy.:confused: