PDA

View Full Version : How to protect the family jewels...?

purplemag
04-10-2004, 10:47 PM
Ok, of course the easy answer is to wear a cup.
But I find that they feel and are very restrictive. Anyone else know of a protective layer for that area?
I know some would be inclined to laugh at this post, but if you have not taken a shot down there straight on, it is definitely no laughing matter. Will definitely ruin your day and the next few also!!!

RoadDawg
04-10-2004, 10:51 PM
Wear several layers or a rubber cup. I use a rubber cup cause it's more moveable but yet strong enough to protect the jewels from small impacts like that of a paintball.

NuclearSiege
04-10-2004, 10:52 PM
lol, throw a cucumber in there. they protect you and give the GALS writing thier phone numbers for you. it may be uncomfortable but... you will thank me. LOL

steveo356
04-10-2004, 11:07 PM
Dye c4 pants have sum padding there that all i need

doc_Zox
04-10-2004, 11:12 PM
wear a kilt

Halliday
04-10-2004, 11:41 PM
Wear a small towel tucked into your waistband/belt. Have it hanging down.

vf-xx
04-10-2004, 11:56 PM
Here use this:

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/softgoods/maille/

Digits
04-10-2004, 11:57 PM
I got a kneepad from some football pad and taped it to a pair of boxers.. Now I just throw them over top of my boxers, and there's my protection.

Rope a Dope
04-11-2004, 12:03 AM
In a bank safe deposit box?

Doobie
04-11-2004, 12:28 AM
Dye slider shorts have a foam pad that slides into a pocket right "there". Very comfortable and non-restrictive. I have yet to "test" this feature however and hope I don't ever have to. :eek:

TAW
04-11-2004, 01:01 AM
Hey,have you thought of having them removed. You'll make it to the 50 faster with out the boys slowing you down and your back players will hear your higher pitched voice;)

Konigballer
04-11-2004, 01:05 AM
just dont protect them, trust your luck and except your fate:) I've played for eight years now and I've never worn one. My "family jewels" and my neck are the two places I've never been hit, and I've been flat out lit up on a number of occasions.

I guess it pays to have some Irish in your blood:)

magman007
04-11-2004, 01:35 AM
i highly reccomend a soft cup. Honestly, it will promote bounce, but it will not compress enough to do dammage to the jewels.

search on google for em, they are a little hard to find, but they are worth it. they fit into slider shorts, and get rid of that dumb piece of foam, that isnt big enough for the area, nor will it provide much protection from a ball o gelatin going 300fps.

a soft cup flexes enough so that it isnt uncomefortable. look, your eye has the same consistency as your nut, we wear gogles to protect our eyes, so why dont we wear something for out nuts?

FallNAngel
04-11-2004, 02:22 AM
how often are your nuts hanging out from behind a bunker though?

silentdeath55
04-11-2004, 08:15 AM
My answer to FallNAngel:
Yeah, but when you run up and jump over a bunker to bunker somebody, the "boys" are out in the open. So you could trust your luck (like most people do) or pay $50 for some slider shorts. Either way, your getting screwed.

nt2004
04-11-2004, 08:29 AM
take steroids. They'll shrink your boys so there is less to shoot at while also giving you that competetive edge:D

spantol
04-11-2004, 12:44 PM
I'll second the soft cup suggestion. I've been using one for nearly a decade. I'd say I've taken a couple of dozen shots to the junk, and with the soft cup you don't feel a thing.

You can get them here: http://www.kmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=6648

It'll be the best $8 you'll ever spend on paintball.

laxkid
04-11-2004, 01:00 PM
lacrosse compression spandex they are for goalies that stuff works wonders and very flexible

Konigballer
04-11-2004, 01:57 PM
compression spandex? Why dont you just dunk 'em in ice water before you go out, they'll be in "turtle mode" forever:)

felony
04-11-2004, 03:05 PM
when i first started balling i wore a cup, and now that I have been playing more and more with out a hit down there, I really havent worn one in a bout a year of playing.

Although, I was at the local FSPL tournament last weekend and some kid went to bunker another kid. They traded shots and one of them caught for paintballs in junk. lol. kid was down for a good 3-4 minutes.

Saw him walking around all funny with what I thought was his girlfriend after. I laughed. haha

dan

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-11-2004, 03:23 PM
electrical taping a stuffed dog to it helps a lot, the paintballs will bounce right off!

http://www.jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=870

FSU_Paintball
04-11-2004, 03:49 PM
The combination of dye slider shorts and new dye pants with the padding up front helps... but it's expensive.

I wear a soft cup. It's a lot narrower than a normal cup, and it's flexible, too. I honestly forget I'm wearing it. MUCH better than a typical cup. And it's like $10.

Konigballer
04-11-2004, 03:52 PM
not to get off topic but nice cocker FSU, I like that color.

FSU_Paintball
04-11-2004, 03:56 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it. That's actually an old pic... I just updated it when you said that... thanks for the reminder.

(it's not as pretty now, but it rocks a little bit harder) :)

50 cal
04-11-2004, 07:22 PM
I use a hard cup all the time. After seeing a few guys hit on "the boys", I don't take the chance.

Saw a guy at the Knoxville Indoor a few years ago take a hard hit from about 5 feet directly to them, he threw up in his mask.

A "little" discomfort is good insurance. ;)

PzYcO
04-11-2004, 07:30 PM
Hmm.. i usually just throw on a pair of light gym shorts between my boxers and pants... works for me

skife
04-11-2004, 07:36 PM
i've got a friend who's been shot in his boys 3 times, he still doesn't wear a cup

neither do i
i just trust my luck.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
04-11-2004, 08:29 PM
lol don't trust your luck!

you guys out there that havn't been shot in the nuts, WEAR A CUP, you never want to experiance the feeling i had

FutureMagOwner
04-11-2004, 08:42 PM
second or third ne ao day i got shot in the junk for the first time, as a couple people can tell you i kinda fell over in the middle of the field for a minute or 2 in agony

then the next 30 times or so (like up until the last time i played in november) i got shot in the junk ATLEAST once and i still dont wear a cup perhaps i should since it doesnt really hurt anymore although the i wanna hurl feeling still reigns supreme

Rather
04-11-2004, 08:57 PM
Dont stand straight up. Bend the knees and hunch foreward. Makes the possible angles of being shot from much much lower. Won't cost ya a cent and no funkey stuff in front of your junk (except your freakish legs :p).

theraidenproject
04-11-2004, 09:02 PM
Learned a little trick from a friend on my lacrosse team. It's called a "floater" take a regular cup, and tear off the two straps that go from the bottom of the cup holder to the waistband in the back. All set. No longer any discomfort when running, and when the day's over you can just pull it out of your pants, and then down your legs. You need to wear the waistband a little lower than a normal cup, but after wearing it once or twice, you'll know where to position it best. I've been playing lacrosse with one for about 4 weeks now, no problems.

Polish
04-11-2004, 09:57 PM
Take it like a man! And then be single the rest of your life.

~WarpedRT#2~
04-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Um, yeah. NO shots down there yet. I hope to never get shot down there, but I guess I run the risk. I dont wear one.

stupiddogg
04-13-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by theraidenproject
Learned a little trick from a friend on my lacrosse team. It's called a "floater" take a regular cup, and tear off the two straps that go from the bottom of the cup holder to the waistband in the back. All set. No longer any discomfort when running, and when the day's over you can just pull it out of your pants, and then down your legs. You need to wear the waistband a little lower than a normal cup, but after wearing it once or twice, you'll know where to position it best. I've been playing lacrosse with one for about 4 weeks now, no problems. \

thats what I do, I can even put it on with after my smokin paintball pants.....very strange looks though lol