PDA

View Full Version : Z-Man 4.0 Fireblade Video Testing

Z-man
04-11-2004, 02:26 AM
Hello and welcome to another exciting episode of Z-man trying to impress everyone!

Tonight’s movie offers a glimpse into the capabilities of the E-Mag when outfitted with AGD software 4.0 and of course the FIREBLADE trigger. Though I do not have the Victory board on my Halo, it was able to keep up most of the time. The ACE was off during the testing.

Although there is no excuse for it, I did have 2 or 3 breaks on the barrel due to the old crappy paint (but everyone uses that excuse… Ill just have to redo it till I get a string with no breaks ;)

I found that the ROF that I capped the SFL at had a dramatic effect on how smooth the marker shot with the shot buffering. Since I was being greedy I set them at pretty high levels and as such it is not as smooth as it could be. Ill make a video demoing that later this week.

So sit back, relax and start the download of 26. (Something) MB and think about all the reasons that PBN will hate me.

SFL E-Mag E-Mode & Hybrid Mode Speed Test (http://www.zakvetter.com/videos/sfl%204.0%20testing.mov)

EDIT: Last episode's video was testing a Classic RT plugged directly into a scuba tank at ~2200psi

34cps (but no paint) (http://www.zakvetter.com/Videos/classicrt-rf.mov)

and my ever popular rapid-fire video with an RT Pro ~23BPS with paint.

23Bps sustained BABY! (http://www.zakvetter.com/Videos/rapidfire.mov)

Steelrat
04-11-2004, 02:27 AM
No, you will do the video with the lower cap NOW!:mad:

Z-man
04-11-2004, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Steelrat
No, you will do the video with the lower cap NOW!:mad:

yes'm :(

Curly
04-11-2004, 02:32 AM
Nice Vid!

p.s. I can relate to that kid at the end. Maybe its the curly hair thing...

Rather
04-11-2004, 02:36 AM
that kid is too whiney! Ripping your gun that fast, you oughta expect 2-3 barrel breaks... :p ;)

JimmyBeam
04-11-2004, 02:48 AM
i sense sarcasm.........

swanster
04-11-2004, 05:19 AM
wow...

have 2 things to say-

1. that mag is fast

2. that kid is a total wan*er

silentdeath55
04-11-2004, 08:03 AM
That kid makes me want to go spam PBN.

DWill
04-11-2004, 09:11 AM
That kid is giving me feelings of violence on Easter Sunday....:mad:

TraXeR
04-11-2004, 10:05 AM
Holy crap that was sweeeeeet! Even in hybrid with the long strokes, it's still insane:eek:. I don't give any thought to that PBN kid, he's just ignorant, arrogant or being sarcastic. I still think mags rock :).

MaxPowers
04-11-2004, 10:26 AM
That kid needs a serious @$$ woopin'

magnj
04-11-2004, 10:26 AM
Very nice
Whats that guys pbn name lol

Steelrat
04-11-2004, 10:28 AM
Told you that kid would detract from the point of the movie, i.e. the GUN.

Z-man
04-11-2004, 10:34 AM
BAH! guess he won't be in the next one... All the same, it means I did a good job with that part ;). I was sooooo close to putting hs AIM SN and PBN name on there but heheheh that is TOO EVIL even for him. You would all eat him alive. He is actually a pretty fun guy to play with though.

jpm
04-11-2004, 10:36 AM
Good clip...that some speedy shoot'n. That little clip at the end was humorous as well...:D

warpfeedmod
04-11-2004, 10:52 AM
thats some sweet shooting bro :)

I loved the clip at the end so much I split it off :)

Here it is, a little over 2 meg :)

PBM ZMan Vid (http://www.whatisthebinty.com/images/video/pbnkid.wmv)

LOL That's the best!

Awsome vid tho :)

chizle97
04-11-2004, 11:15 AM
Awsome , awsome, awsome, kids dont knoiw what they are saying anyway.

FreakBaller12
04-11-2004, 12:03 PM
could somebody tell me or show me a thread explaining lowering the cap of it will smooth out the shots? I've always jsut put myn on tops.:confused:

Xyxyll
04-11-2004, 12:06 PM
When you get to the kid at the end, speed up the video. Always fun to hear a whiner talking like a chipmunk! :D

Grasshopper
04-11-2004, 12:20 PM
Hehehe, that's awsome. Nice gun. The kid is a quality fella', too.

madmatt151
04-11-2004, 12:26 PM
How about the dedication? I mean that was funny, why has no one commented on that. Nice SFL BTW.

MaxPowers
04-11-2004, 12:33 PM
http://www.jayloo.com/lib/get_file.php?id=2126

Miscue
04-11-2004, 12:44 PM
Jack up your input pressure to 1100 or so and it won't skip as much at 20+. I don't know if it cures it, but it does help. Cool vid.

Z-man
04-11-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by toyotaboy12
could somebody tell me or show me a thread explaining lowering the cap of it will smooth out the shots? I've always jsut put myn on tops.:confused:

Certainly. The whole idea behind the shot buffering (as I undeerstand it) is to even out our ROF into a more uniform string. We dont walk the triggers in perfect uniform taps. As you probably notice when you have ther ROF capped at say 26 bps and as you see a bit of in my video, you go fast, slow, fast, slow, fast, slow. You can hit a groove for a little bit but I have yet to see anyone hold 26bps in the shot buffering zone.

Now lets say you lower it to 16-18bps capped. You can probably hit that speed overall but you probably wont tap the trigger 18x in 1/18th of a secon intervals. You will be more sporatic. This is where the shof buffering comes in. It will remember those shots for around 20ms (but can be adjusted) and fire the gun in a uniform srting as long as you can keep up that approximate speed.

If the ROF is capped too high, you never even reach that 26bps and so the shot buffering does not kick in.

Again, Il make a video of this showing what I mean.

nuclear zombie
04-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Thaks Z-mzn , That explains the whole shot buffering thing , anyhow mine seems to be shooting about the same speed using a fireblade and 3.2 . I'll try to get a video if I can get my hands on a video camera.

Miscue
04-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by toyotaboy12

When you go over 20bps, it starts outshooting the solenoid plunger and shots are missed. If you pull the grip off, you can see it stuttering when shooting too fast. The lower the ROF, the more time there is for the plunger to reset itself.

Jacking up the input pressure can push the plunger in harder, and achieve over 20bps. 850-900 seems to work fine at 20bps.

This doesn't apply to 3.2 because it has a lower cap.

Ov3rmind
04-11-2004, 02:52 PM
Hahahaha, that kid in the end was hilarious!

Was that a chop or a barrel break?

OfficerGoat
04-11-2004, 02:53 PM
Queries and notes...

What do you have DB set to?

I noticed... especialy when you are viding the trigger that the gun shoots faster than you are pulling... looks like you have some bounce going on.

Secondly ... Miscue... I fixed my 4.01 Runnaway issues. My gun now shoots like a champ. I have better than 10k shots on it with no issues. Hit me up and I will let you know the prognosis. (And more importantly the fix.)

Z-man
04-11-2004, 03:07 PM
Well I am ashamed to say that I don't know my board as well as I should and I know there is a terminator you can pull out to activate the DB settings but I cannot identify it as it seems my board is somewhat different from the other E-Mag boards I have seen.

So The DB setting is set at default as far as I know (which is 10 yes?)

The more shots that I pull the trigger is due to the shot buffering + the bounce in hybrid mode. The first video however is E-mode that that is simply shot buffering

FSU_Paintball
04-11-2004, 04:09 PM
That's fast. Finally, the video I've been searching for... a walkable elecronic mag that's fast as balls.

PS major bounce issues there, yo :)

Oh, but a question... hearing about the limited speed of the solenoid plunger... does that mean that all electronic mags are actually limited to 20BPS?

Miscue
04-11-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by FSU_Paintball
That's fast. Finally, the video I've been searching for... a walkable elecronic mag that's fast as balls.

PS major bounce issues there, yo :)

Oh, but a question... hearing about the limited speed of the solenoid plunger... does that mean that all electronic mags are actually limited to 20BPS?

EMag and XMag... and anything with that particular solenoid.

BlackVCG
04-11-2004, 04:28 PM
My E-Mag doing 23bps.

E-Mag FA (http://www.automags.org/~BlackVCG/E-Mag_FA.wmv)

I didn't hold it through the whole string because I have a HALO w/ T1 software, so it starts feeding gaps into the Warp.

Of course, my gun is a bit different than a stock setup.

:)

Curly
04-11-2004, 04:30 PM
ooooh competition... I think you guys should breakdance fight. :)

Z-man
04-11-2004, 04:35 PM
Sounds just like my RT Pro video I threw up here a while back for a rapid-fire demo.

23Bps sustained BABY! (http://www.zakvetter.com/Videos/rapidfire.mov)

and of course the other one I recently put up with my Classic RT plugged into the scuba tank

34cps (but no paint) (http://www.zakvetter.com/Videos/classicrt-rf.mov)

tjmpaintball06
04-11-2004, 05:15 PM
does 4.0 speed up the gun? will it be better as far as shooting than like 1.whatever? does the fireblade trigger improve your speed over the stock hump? awesome vid, loved that kid in the end. you have to post that everywhere.

P8ntBallBoom
04-11-2004, 05:53 PM
Wow that's fast. Wish I could get that with my Classic RT.

ZAust
04-11-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by P8ntBallBoom
Wow that's fast. Wish I could get that with my Classic RT.

http://www.zakvetter.com/Pages/Paintball/Automags/Rapid_Fire/rf_disclaimer.html

Z-man
04-12-2004, 06:38 PM
good lad

thecavemankevin
04-13-2004, 08:05 AM
zman...gota say you look like a dork in that scuba to gun video....but very cool :)

also, what did you bolt and sear look like after that little video?

good job

tmnothing
04-13-2004, 11:51 AM
Z-man couple questions on your fireblade. What kind of adjustments dod you do to get your fireblade to shoot in all three modes? Do you have any bounce in hybrid? My fireblade bounces in hybrid but not in the other modes.

Z-man
04-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by thecavemankevin
zman...gota say you look like a dork in that scuba to gun video....but very cool :)

also, what did you bolt and sear look like after that little video?

Yeah I know, that is the problem when you try something out for the first time. I should have gone back and redid it looking suave and cool and I probably will in the end. I have not checked out the bolt or sear :) Ill just assume they are fine...

Originally posted by tmnothing
What kind of adjustments dod you do to get your fireblade to shoot in all three modes? Do you have any bounce in hybrid? My fireblade bounces in hybrid but not in the other modes.

The trigger should only bounce in 2 of the 3 modes; hybrid and mechanical. I don't know if you are having this problem or not but in my case I found that the Fireblade was a fatter trigger that required me to move my sear pin back in order for it NOT to hit the trigger in E-Mode. AGD does not suggest this however, so you have 3 options.

1-move it back anyway (I ended up moving my sear pin in about 0.049inches). The consequences are that you can play with E-Mod and Hybrid mode just fine BUT you cannot use mechanical mode because the sear pin is too far back to open the on/off pin. Eh, I am willing to deal with that.

2-Grind a little space out of the back of the Fireblade to give some more space for the sear pin. The consequences are that you can use all 3 modes and the adjustments will function. I won't speak for him but I believe CoolHand is offering to grind on them for people. I would ask him if you don't trust your dermal skills.

3-remove the sear pin entirely as some do when all they want to use is E-Mode. The consequences are that you can shoot the gun only in E-Mode and Hybrid mode. Hybrid mode of course, will simply be like E-Mode with a long trigger pull and no bounce because of the missing pin.

DiRTyBuNNy
04-13-2004, 02:15 PM
nice vid..serious ownage...

AGDlover
04-13-2004, 02:25 PM
hey the kid who said "this thing right here is the biggest peace of **** i have ever seen in my life" just to make shur u did nock him out right?

DiRTyBuNNy
04-13-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Sniper king
hey the kid who said "this thing right here is the biggest peace of **** i have ever seen in my life" just to make shur u did nock him out right?

What the heck are you trying to say?

Z-man
04-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Considering I filmed and edited this little movie, there is also the possibility that I asked him to go off like that because I thought it would be funny.

DiRTyBuNNy
04-13-2004, 03:43 PM
yeah...but I wasn't feeling his anger when he just set the marker down...he needs to go with a real track & field shot...maybe swing it like the hammer throw or huck it like a javelin...that would have really shown his anger..hahahahaa..

crankydan
04-13-2004, 04:03 PM
Great Vids to the ZMAN.

You still dont get it do you Dirty?

LMAO:D

DiRTyBuNNy
04-13-2004, 04:21 PM
uummm...no...I don't...

Chojin Man
04-13-2004, 04:49 PM
I thought it was a great vid. I the kid at the end was really funny.

thecavemankevin
04-13-2004, 04:53 PM
so now all you need to do is get a scuba tank belt and a hose that can handle bout 3500 psi. Run that straight into the rt and your set...guess you'll need a q-loader too. that way you can feed 34 bps :) talk about mowing people down :)

Z-man
04-13-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
yeah...but I wasn't feeling his anger when he just set the marker down...he needs to go with a real track & field shot...

One of the takes he actually did "fake" stomp on the SFL, but I could not splice it in well enough.

Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
uummm...no...I don't...

heh heh heh heh....

OfficerGoat
04-14-2004, 01:54 AM
Hey... I just noticed something... I know that feild. Its the one south of Watsonville right? Super nice guy owns that place. I need to get out there and play again sometime. :)

Z-man
04-14-2004, 01:57 AM
Yeah that is TAG paintball field. I work there on and off. The owner is a guy named Roland Chick (yes Chick). He is not there as much anymore and its pretty much run by his family though. They are planning on moving to Hollister sometime this year and expending.

OfficerGoat
04-14-2004, 02:02 AM
I used to play there pretty frequently .... mostly with a tricked out blue/silver cocker. (And most of the time with a pump arm on it :D) That was back when I was living in Scotts Valley.

I miss having the bigger feilds ... and of course the nice mild weather.