PDA

View Full Version : ULE Custom in speed ball

djslik
04-11-2004, 04:43 AM
I am looking to get a ule custom as my first paintball gun. I have been reading on these forums for a week or so about the ule customs. I know that with the stock trigger and a good tank that the gun will rip with the reactive bounce from the x-valve. Other than that the only other options for high speed shooting are the ult trigger, hyperframe, or the yet to be produced hair trigger. If I want to play some speed ball and keep up with all the timmys and e-bladed cockers out there will I have a chance or should I look into an electronic gun. Oh yea and the field by me says that using my reactive bounce is fine with them in rec speed ball. I'm not lookin to play any tournies, mostly rec ball. Thanks in advance.

silentdeath55
04-11-2004, 08:06 AM
Def. get the ULT trigger. Also, with the RT ULE Custom package, get the ULE body, and an intelliframe or Y-grip. With the prices on those upgrades in that package you will regret not getting them in about 3 months.

the123
04-11-2004, 09:50 AM
if your local field doesn't mind the reactive bounce, grab yourself a ULE Custom and a good ADJUSTABLE air source. I say adjustable because the amount of reactivity is directly effected by the output pressure the tank is set for.

djslik
04-11-2004, 01:45 PM
so is the cheapest adustable tank
the nitro duck xtsream? I can get it for about $230 shipped from sakworldpaintball. Or is there something cheaper or better.

Resist148
04-11-2004, 01:52 PM
I still get huge bounce on my ult trigger =( So I can't play with it at our local field I just use it during rec days.

Digits
04-11-2004, 02:09 PM
Get the DevilMag buddy.. (see dealers forum).. This way you don't have to worry about any bs from having to use a small spring with your level 10 because you will have eyes.. EYES I SAY... And believe me, the small spring WILL chop after like 2-3 shots on a ball. The medium, I don't know if it would ever chop.. But seriouslly, the DevilMag looks REALLY promising.. I would go with that if I were you.. You will love the tinyness of the mag.. They all do..

mUahAHAHAH

djslik
04-11-2004, 02:10 PM
really so which field is that...cuz I go back to sac in the summer and I'll probably be playin there with my friends at the local fields. So you mean you can't play during tournies right. I can use it as walkon during the weekends though or is that not allowed.

steveo356
04-11-2004, 02:11 PM
I love my but it will be better with the hair trigger on it

djslik
04-11-2004, 02:12 PM
Devil Mag looks awesome...just might be outta my price range right now. By the time I have enough money...who knows the deadly wind hair trigger might be done. I actually called AGD tech support about these guns and the they told me about the deadly wind hair trigger so it seems like they are serious about it.

phantomhitman
04-11-2004, 05:16 PM
i would go with the devil mag also. it is tested and field approved. it is probably faster than you can pull, and the price is not that high. go to devilsden.tv to find out more info.

djslik
04-11-2004, 05:22 PM
It does look nice...I saw in one of the threads that the upgrade would be $350 with your own ule body or something...so I might look into the devil mag down the line. Probably next year. I don't know how good I will get so I don't want to spend too much at first. Just enough to still have fun.

punkncat
04-11-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Digits
Get the DevilMag buddy.. (see dealers forum).. This way you don't have to worry about any bs from having to use a small spring with your level 10 because you will have eyes.. EYES I SAY... And believe me, the small spring WILL chop after like 2-3 shots on a ball. The medium, I don't know if it would ever chop.. But seriouslly, the DevilMag looks REALLY promising.. I would go with that if I were you.. You will love the tinyness of the mag.. They all do..

mUahAHAHAH

You have that backwards bro.
The spring is on the front of the bolt.It returns the bolt to firing position and exerts no force on the ball.
Correctly set up the LVL10 should have the hardest spring to hit with the least impact.

tony3
04-11-2004, 06:59 PM
Get a ule rt custom package without the ult trigger, get a 68/3000 psi fiber nitro tank, and a 12v revvy. That'll be a great easy to use setup for you. The ULT is just another thing to go wrong and for your first gun, I wouldnt suggest the ULT. I think if you feel dedicated enough to paintball, getting a ULE rt custom would be a great first gun. Hell, I wish I started with one for my first gun.

GT
04-11-2004, 08:37 PM
I have got a mod'd RTP with the ULT. I routinly play the new "fast guns." to be honest most guys out there that have fast rigs dont know how to use them, anyways; my RTP is set up with zero bounce.

RtDaNiMaL
04-12-2004, 12:25 AM
GET THE ULT!!!! they r so nice. you can fan them really easy. Also if u have strong fingers u can walk it, i no i can!

veedell26
04-12-2004, 01:44 AM
I would say just get the ULE MAG. (without ULT) Use an adjustable air source and get used to that before you try messing with the ULT. You wont be dissapointed.

tonybhall
04-12-2004, 09:51 AM
Hey,

My team, Team Mag Daddies, all use the RT Pro and we keep up with teams with Angels, Timmys and Shockers and other high end electros just fine. No, it will not fire as fast as those other guns but it fires fast enough for us at half the cost. IMO, insane rates of fire is just a crutch that people use in place of skill. Just play better then they do.

Paintball_4_Fun
04-12-2004, 11:01 AM
I'm going to order one today For the best reason of them all.
"I Just Want One" I have been using a 68 clasic lvl 7 for over a year and now i want sonthing more. Im not the kind of guy who shoots a case of paint per game. im not the most skilled player. But i have fun. And shooting people just makes me feel better :)

So what options should i get on it?

djslik
04-12-2004, 11:33 AM
yea I'm talking to tunaman right now to see which ule custom i'm gonna get. I'm in a toss up between a tunamag, tunamax, or devilmag...I just saw the devil mag video and that's awesome. Or wait for the hair trigger, but the devilmag is already here.

Cryer
04-12-2004, 11:38 AM
That devil mag is fast, I'll give you that... But Tuna is the most konwlegeable and capable AGD dealer out there... He can do some amazing things with mags, and you'll always get something that works 100+%.

djslik
04-14-2004, 02:57 AM
so i decided to go for the ule custom with pewter ule body and pewter x valve, y grip, standard trigger, and the two piece barrel...i was wondering if you guys think that pewter goes better with black or nickel...just wondering for the y grip and stuff. Oh and yea...i'm tryin to get it from tunaman...he's got awesome prices for anyone else who's interested.

Joni
04-14-2004, 06:02 AM
If you get it from tunaman, you might wanna consider getting a ULT. He might tune it for you, and once it's tuned its a wonderful trigger feel IMO.

djslik
04-15-2004, 12:52 PM
if you get a ult trigger would you still be able to get some bounce from it with a high enough pressure input or no...cuz i don't know how to a walk a trigger yet...so i don't know if the ult will be good for me...remember this is my first gun. No tournies yet...just rec ball.

Jerhew
04-18-2004, 01:46 AM
You won't get actual bounce, the reactivity is pretty low but somewhat noticable... I personally feel it's the perfect amount of reactivity. Chances are you aren't going to be able to walk it....some people claim to be able to, but Ii think in most cases, walking a ult is beyond reach(not that I'm discounting it completely).
Regardless, it's still an awesome trigger and i guarantee you'll love it. If Tunaman tunes it for ya, you got nothing to worry about.

Also, if you decide to upgrade it to a devilmag, you're already half way there

oh ya btw
i think pewter would be better with black

Pain For Pleasure
04-18-2004, 11:43 AM
i think pewter would be better with blackI agree. My mag is Pewter with black X valve and i think the pewter valve would make it look cheesy. Pewter also goes better with black than nickel IMO.

JoyInTheMadness
04-18-2004, 12:05 PM
Accuracy of shots still holds dominance over volume of shots, guy at my local field named joe (rumor has it he designed the AGD logo with the lions). He has two mags that he has had for 13 years, they are completely stock, with crown point barrels, now foregrip, just direct line, and people fear him. He is just so damn good and so damn accurate, he has no need for speed.