PDA

View Full Version : Texas Live Shootout

Recon by Fire
04-11-2004, 06:46 AM
We went for a business outing of paintball on Saturday but instead it turned into a mini-scenario tournament. Two large teams playing a total of 5 games. Texas Live was there participating and filming the event. It will be shown on local access channels across Texas and on the internet, Wednesday 4/24 at 10:00 p.m. CST. Make sure you tune in and watch yours truly destroy the opponents left flank and secure the win in the the 5th game ...and that was with a dead battery and my pressure cranked so low I could not even say reactive... a player did try to call me on firing auto though

Their website is: www.texaslive.com

BTW the last game was played in a western town field. All players had to start the game standing on the front porches of the buildings!

judster
04-11-2004, 06:27 PM
what field was this played on? was it here in houston? i know of a field in houston that has a western town, and i used to be the head ref there...

Recon by Fire
04-11-2004, 06:36 PM
It was held at Survival Games of Texas.

judster
04-11-2004, 07:26 PM
thats what i thought...i have known larry for quite awhile....i was asked not to come back and ref after i played a scenario and he accused me of 'recruiting' players to play with me. larry celebrated his 20th year of business on the 1st of this month..good for him, but i will never go back there...it is field paint only and he charges an arm and a leg for paint...does he offer HPA yet? does he still use the out of date tanks on his rentals? is his rental goggles still scratched up? personaly the field is not worth the money he charges, however the castle was pretty cool.

Recon by Fire
04-11-2004, 09:15 PM
You pretty much summed it up! Over $120 a case for "seconds" field paint and no HPA at all. Thank god someone showed up with a scuba tank of N2! He only has wood fields now also. It was definately not my choice to play there but I was not the coordinator. The rentals looked absolutely horrible as you stated. We did have a good time, but I honestly wouldn't spend my money there, i'm glad the boss was pretty much picking up the tab.

I visited there once before but had no N2 in my tank and could not play (as he does not have any). I was wearing a AO jersey and dye pants and lets just say he was less than friendly towards me for no reason. This time since I knew it was all woods, I wore my Army BDU's complete with AA wings and Jungle Expert badges from my recon days. What do you know, he was down right friendly to me. Hmm...