PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Air

pbg1
04-11-2004, 04:50 PM
I have an old Automag classic i picked it up used. I tricked it out a little. I have had no problems until now
approximately 3 yrs.

The regulator is leaking air. I have replaced O-rings with automag parts kit.....still no help. I thought it might be were sear hits..replace all seals ...still leaking air.
when taken power tube apart i have a small spring only no O-rings....It seems different that diagram from agd website......I contacted agd they suggested upgrade regulator. But i have a BoYaah grip which was work great to 2 years....They stated new regulator might not work with grip..........any suggestions.

:confused:

pbg1
04-11-2004, 05:07 PM
sorry....when leaking air seems to be coming from power tube not on/off button....hard to tell...

:confused:

athomas
04-11-2004, 06:03 PM
The older mags had springs in the powertube instead of spacers. They work fine but you can't tune the crispness of the bolt release like you can with the spacers.

There should be an o-ring behind the powertube spring. If there is not, then you will definately get leaking. Put one in and you should be fine. Uou can verify if the leak is in the powertube area of the gun buy pulling and holding the trigger. If the gun stops leaking then the leak is in the powertube or the bottom o-ring of the on/off assemby (ususally the powertube).

Since you only have a level 7 bolt with a powertube spring, you should consider upgrading to a level 10 bolt.

pbg1
04-11-2004, 08:10 PM
aThomas

you are the paintball god.

the O-ring in power tube did the trick

thanks bro.......

:cool:

athomas
04-12-2004, 06:30 AM
I forgot to mention. Welcome to AO. Its a great place to get mag help and good honest paintball information.

Rock your mag.