PDA

View Full Version : head protection

nt2004
04-11-2004, 05:21 PM
Yesterday i saw a person crawling down the side of the snake with a player from another team right across from him. They saw eachother and one shot the other on the top of the head from about 1ft. Luckily he had some sort of padded skullcap on. I've seen these alot but i'm not sure where to buy one. I get shot in the head alot in speedball and i think it would be beneficial to protect my head. Anyone know where i can pick up some sort of lightly padded hat?

TeamNausea
04-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Shartley has some cool ones.

Clare
04-11-2004, 05:24 PM
http://www.hundredthmonkeycaps.com/

puckmaster
04-11-2004, 09:49 PM
I would recomend a beanee. they have some padding. also, some du-rags(pj ones for sure) have quite a bit of padding in the headband part. Also, you could just wear a baseball hat. I would try 888paintball.com, pbgear.com, or paintballwizard.com(might be pbwizard.com, not sure.

XbeasleyX
04-11-2004, 10:20 PM
http://www.Blackstarpaintball.com and they have some kick arse gloves but they arent on the site.

Raven4000SX
04-11-2004, 11:56 PM
How about a AGD hat turned backwards?

Skoad
04-12-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Raven4000SX
How about a AGD hat turned backwards?

thats what i do :) Only problem is the hat is white and boy does it get dirty

Raven4000SX
04-12-2004, 02:24 AM
Mine is Navy.

SpecialBlend2786
04-12-2004, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by XbeasleyX
http://www.Blackstarpaintball.com and they have some kick arse gloves but they arent on the site.

Yeah, Blackstar stuff is awesome.

FreakBaller12
04-12-2004, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Skoad

thats what i do :) Only problem is the hat is white and boy does it get dirty

i got myn from rogue, it's black:D

talk to him for one;)
they're nice.

Thordic
04-12-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by toyotaboy12
i got myn from rogue, it's black:D

Why is the name of god did you spell "mine" as "myn". This better not be some new fad or I'll start choking teenagers on the street.

shartley
04-12-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by TeamNausea
Shartley has some cool ones.
Thank you for the mention. My Ban-Du’s however are not meant to pad the top of the head from shots, but more protect your head from the paint itself. The “du” part will not pad the head any more than any other decent cloth covering will. They DO however help protect the back of your neck. And they do protect you from getting cut by paintballs, but that is not the same as “padding”.

If folks are looking for actual “head” padding, NO du rag or basic cloth covering will really help that. And padding in the headbands will NOT protect your “head”. In fact most masks cover up the vast majority of that “padding” seen in du rag style headwear anyways.

A hat however will help protect the top of your head a bit more (as posted by other members). And this is because of the materials and thickness of materials used…. as well as general structure.

Most products have a tradeoff between how much heat they retain, how much actual protection they provide, WHERE that protection is actually provided, and other factors. Folks need to get what is best for them. Some of my sponsored teams wear my Ban-Dus and love them, but they do NOT “pad” the top of your head, they only protect your head from direct paint contact. The real advantage, as I stated, is neck protection….. and of course style.

I just don’t want people buying my Ban-Du’s thinking they will offer some sort of real head “padding”, when they simply do not…. as none of those type of headwear actually do.

elpimpo
04-12-2004, 11:43 AM
my warped sportz beany has never taken a break on it (knock on wood)

Chris42050
04-12-2004, 02:03 PM
Just grow a big fro and stuff it inside a hat.;)

stupiddogg
04-12-2004, 02:54 PM
wally world (aka walmart) carries a full head cover/goggle system. Black platic dome cover, I see alot of younger wearing them here in nor cal. Chk with them

kauai_paintball
04-12-2004, 04:32 PM
www.skullsock.com

CodeMA
04-12-2004, 04:55 PM
ya, I just wear a normal skull cap, stuff some long hair under it in the process... I havnt got a break yet... its good stuff, and not thick and hot...

DiSoRdeR
04-12-2004, 07:06 PM
Ever think about this:
http://www.jtusa.com/2003/images/product/HeadShield.jpg
Im seeing more of these on the fields now days. I myself like getting shot, just dont like going to the deadbox but thats just me :D

TeamNausea
04-12-2004, 08:22 PM
Stupiddog alread mention that one disorder.;)

DiSoRdeR
04-12-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by TeamNausea
Stupiddog alread mention that one disorder.;)
Must of read it without thinking, then I must of thought about it subconsciously then thought I thought of it :D but atleast I put a picture of it :p

nt2004
04-13-2004, 03:25 PM
okay i dont want to wear a baseballcap. I used to wear ine backwards but the visor got in the way. Also it only protects against the fragmentation of the shell, it doesnt cushion much of the impact. THe JT head mask thing is pretty nasty looking and allso pretty uncompfortable too. I'd like to stick with my invisions. Shartley's ban-dus were pretty cool but they also did not fit the criteria. I'm not exactly sure if what i am looking for exists but i'm sure i've seen them somewhere. I am looking for something that fits like a beanie but has some sort of thin padding on top to cusion the concussion of a paintball hit at close range.

kauai_paintball
04-13-2004, 03:27 PM
SKULL SOCK IS A BEANIE, HAS CUSIONING, AND DOSENT GET SWEATY AND ITCHY FOR ONLY 17$