PDA

View Full Version : We win the 3man Novice Division Atlantic indoor championships!!!!

athomas
04-11-2004, 07:59 PM
Team: Point Six Eight

Well, after a shakey start to the largest indoor tournament in Atlantic Canada, we managed to storm back in the finals and pull out a first place victory.

The tournament structure was 5 man amature and 3 man novice. We didn't have the manpower or experience to field a 5 man team so we went Novice.

There were 10 - 5 man teams and 16 - 3 man teams with 8 of the top teams in each division advancing to the final of round robin play. The Novice division was full almost two months ago. We snuck in to the final spot by just a 10 point advantage over the next team that didn't make it. Our play was just barely over .500 winning percentage. Once in the finals we got our game rolling and only lost 2 of 7 games. Even in those games we picked up valuable points. The competition was so tight that if we had lost one of our last two games we would have place 3rd instead of 1st. Both of our last two games came down to a 2 on 1 for the other team but we held steady and pulled out the victory in both cases.

Of course, I was sporting the only mag (emag)in the whole tourny. Everyone still likes to look at it and ask questions. It performed flawlessly while many of the newer markers were constantly being tweaked to keep them going. One of my teammates even used my backup retro mag when his freeflow eblade went down.

Another point of note: I won tournament MVP (Novice class) Not bad for a 40yr old guy.:D

The event was really well done and the airball field setup was fun to play on. Hopefully I will get some pics up soon.

mjs1217
04-11-2004, 08:14 PM
Congrats man, great job. Whatd'ya win??

JimmyBeam
04-11-2004, 08:23 PM
*edit*

JimmyBeam
04-11-2004, 08:23 PM
Another point of note: I won tournament MVP Not bad for a 40yr old guy.:D

dont take this the wrong way, but when im 40 i hope i can say the same thing

hitech
04-11-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by athomas
I won tournament MVP (Novice class) Not bad for a 40yr old guy.:D

Congratulations on the win and esp. on MVP. It gives us old guys hope! ;)

kybluemag
04-11-2004, 10:54 PM
wow, way to represent the mags. only mag in the tournament and the best player was usin it. I, for one, am impressed.
keep on winning

AGD
04-12-2004, 12:32 AM
See brains, age and skill pays off!! Way to go Athomas! You guys should know Athomas is a genius at Deep Blue stuff.

AGD

Digits
04-12-2004, 12:37 AM
^^

Only in his case.. :p jks :p

Good job.. It's always fun doing good in tournaments.. You gotta hit that right spot with your team.. Were it all just feels right, and then.. Then you can dominate anyone.. It's all about the feeling.

athomas
04-12-2004, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by mjs1217
Congrats man, great job. Whatd'ya win??

1st prize was $1200.00

We were just hoping to make the finals to play some extra games. Once in the finals, there was no pressure and we settled into our game and had a lot of fun. Without any pressure to win, it is a lot more fun. :)

Smoke
04-12-2004, 09:51 AM
Congrats!!! :D