PDA

View Full Version : 114ci Tank Should I Use: a Remote or a Dropdown?

TheEnigma
04-11-2004, 09:19 PM
I have a massive 114ci tank. Right now I have a stainless steel remote with a redz pack. Should I us a dropdown instead? If so which one should I get? I assume that the dropdown would be larger than most ones because the tank is so large and it needs to make a good center of gravity on the gun, Right?

Thanks
Chris

evan123
04-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Get a Dead On drop foward. My friends dad has one on his gun and its actually pretty comfy with that huge tank.

tony3
04-11-2004, 09:57 PM
I'd sell it and get a new tank:p

The Deacon
04-11-2004, 10:11 PM
I have a 114, here's what I did.

Scenario or woodsball: remote is a must. Clomping around for an extended period of time with that on gun is killer.

Speedball: If you're a back, run a psychoballistics drop. It's nice and long and puts it in a tolerable position. If you're a front or mid, SELL THAT NASTY THING.

Fixion
04-12-2004, 10:13 AM
Here is what my 114 looks like on my cocker. I just use a drop, it works nicely.

http://user.line.hu/~fixion/pics/mysto/stos.jpg

Vanced
04-12-2004, 10:24 AM
I also have a 114ci Rapter I have as an extra back up and sometimes use if I am playing away from HP fills... I have the same drop and Fixon and it does work fairly well as long as you have enough weight on the front to make a nice counter weight... a SS Barrel / or a BOA for example or enough of a fore grip ... also I have a Kapp Drop Zone that works well for putting the tank out there far enough to make it comfortable... I don't like a remote hose, but I also have a friend that has a 114ci by choice and swears by his remote no matter what style of game it is...

It comes down to the same thing everything else does paintball... what do YOU like better?

Neither is wrong or technically better than the other...Try both, if you already have a remote it is easy... borrow a long drop or what ever to try it , and see what is comfortable for you & your style of play...

Just my 2 Cents...

teufelhunden
04-12-2004, 10:35 AM
Sell that tank and get a smaller one so you don't need to use a remote or a drop.

kaibutsu
04-12-2004, 12:31 PM
My EMag with a Kapp DZIII mounted AA Raptor 114/3k.
http://www.paintballtimes.com/forum/photos/get-photo.asp?photoid=717

I also use DZIII mounted 114/3k or 88/3k Raptors on my Firestorm Autococker and LCD Dragunfly.

I guess I also have one of the ultimate "heavyweight" setups since a Halo B is used on all of the markers. I tried using a remote but the line got in my way everytime I changed to my left hand. Adjusting the DF for good weight distribution is the key to using a 114ci tank on the marker. I guess it also helps to have a 5'9" 230lb frame:D

Fixion
04-12-2004, 12:54 PM
I'm 6' 185lbs. My arms are bit ;) so I don't care about the weight, besides, its about as much as a 20 ounce co2 (full). Remotes always get in my way, you can't switch hands quickly.

Rhinopkc
04-12-2004, 04:06 PM
Those things look like watermelons!

kaibutsu
04-12-2004, 08:07 PM
And they are DELICIOUS when you are wiping out your opponent:D. I'm a back player for speedball and an all out monster in woodsball. We can not get fills higher tha 3.5k psi on this ROCK so my watermelon tanks are awesome.

TheEnigma
04-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Vanced I infact do have a BOA nickel barrel which defenitly holds some medal in the heavyweigh class of barrels.

I'm getting a lot of suggestions I'm leaning towards the Dead Zone III, I think that's right any last objections or suggestions? Also keep in mind that I'm not a 180 lb man I 135 lb high schooler, but right now I don't like the remote set up it is way to cumbersome. Any one have a suggestion on a foregrip for me? And how does a t-stock sound? Because I have one that has a slight drop but I was wondering if I could add on to it?

Thanks
Chris