PDA

View Full Version : Qloader problems

thp
04-11-2004, 10:10 PM
I can't seem to get the balls to fit in the tubing for the qloader. I cut it to length. I hook it up. The balls line up perfectly the first time. I take the qloader in and out, comes out fine without any breaks. I empty the hose and try again. This time when I hook up the qloader there is 1/2 a ball extra and I can't take the qloader out without twisting and breaking a ball. It's driving me nuts how it works perfectly and stops working perfectly like this. Sometimes the balls fit perfectly, other times it's doesn't. Same problem is happening to two other friends of mine with qloaders. It works perfectly sometimes, and others, exactly 1/2 a ball is showing and it break it. Anyone else have this problem and figured a solution for it?

I have the qloader hooked up to a warp breach, qloader is under the barrel running parallel with it.

Tunaman
04-11-2004, 10:15 PM
Can you say "Warpfeed"? ;) :D

JimmyBeam
04-11-2004, 10:33 PM
ya what tuna said....

the idea behind qloaders is cool, they just dont work all the time

GoatBoy
04-11-2004, 10:49 PM
Tunaman & JimmyBeam: I'm sure thp's very appreciative of your loader bigotry. Oops, I mean help. I get the two confused; I'm sure you two get them confused as well.

thp: I don't have one myself, but from your description, it sounds like one of your pods is working right, and the other one is not configured correctly (?) Skimming the manual, it looks like you have to put the retaining ball in correctly. Namely... Page 50, step 11?

Magglerock
04-11-2004, 10:53 PM
But I don't know how that is relavent to his question:rolleyes: I would expect more from a forum that is intamitely familiar with the myths and bigotry of paintball. The similarity between the Warp and the Q? They're force fed (like Halos, too) and they have tubes. That's where the similarities stop.

JimmyBeam
04-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by GoatBoy
Tunaman & JimmyBeam: I'm sure thp's very appreciative of your loader bigotry. Oops, I mean help. I get the two confused; I'm sure you two get them confused as well.

bigotry??? look, i got one, my friend has one, and like i said, the idea is cool but the stupid pods dont work all the time. make a product that works and ill gladly praise it all day long, if not well...you get the idea

yaddatrance
04-12-2004, 12:57 AM
To bring this back on topic...

The problem you are having is that somewhere in
your feedpath, there is enough width in either
your elbows or hose to allow the balls to stack
in with variable tightness.

The shorter your tubestack, the less problem
you'll see... Also, I'm using the warp 90 degree
adaptor and I leave the clamp loose so I can slip
it in and out if I'm having that problem. If you
have a powerfeed, you can adjust the stack by rotating
your powerfeed plug.

Let us know how you're routing your hose. That plays
a good part in solving the ball slop which causes
your pinching.

The Deacon
04-12-2004, 01:16 AM
You also want to make sure that all your pods have the same amount of winds. Too many, and it might push the hose wide, so the next pod will not load correctly.

And I've been using my q since they were launched, not a problem yet! Love the thing, no batteries! :D

Lohman446
04-12-2004, 06:12 AM
I expect the hose you have is stretching as suggested, or slipping some out of one end. I personally agree with Tuna in the end, having tried both the q-loader and warp, but I am not going to tell you the Q has no advantages (yes I do outrun the warp from time to time). I never had the Q-loader function well for more than one pod so my judgement of it is lacking.

thp
04-12-2004, 10:14 AM
Qloader is under the barrel. The output is facing down a tiny bit. It's then looping up to the warp breach. So I would guess around a 5" radius 1/2 circle for the total feed tube length. I was using the same pod over and over for the testing. Before when the pod was at 11 prewinds, it would sometimes get stuck in the tube. Now I have it set at 13 prewinds and it no longer gets stuck it the tube. Same 1/2 feedind - full feeding problem was evident it both 11 and 13 prewinds. I will post pics tonight after I borrow a camera.

Anyone know here I can get a warp feed adapter for cheaps? The only way I can think of shortening the hose is to use the 90 dregree bend to the qloader and the warp feed adapter to the breach.

Thanks for any suggestions.