PDA

View Full Version : Angel Air Reg? Should I or Shouldn't I?

Krazy Ivan
04-11-2004, 10:45 PM
I can get a hold of a Angel AIR reg, for like 60 bucks, no tank.

Now first off, should I go for this, I'm thinking so but I'm coming into the problem, where do i get a 5 year Luxfer tank (how much?), prolly like a 68ci, and where can I get it mounted....

Also, I've heard a lot of people say they don't like the Angel AIR tanks, but every time it's always, my friend has one and hates it, and no reason. I talked to Bob about it before and he said that they were good tanks, but you needed some kind of kit to fix the older one's, which I have no problem doing if I got it and it needed it.

Nick O time
04-11-2004, 11:13 PM
get it and then put it on ebay for 61 bucks. seriously though those regs suck if u plan on getting it to use it just save ur money they are horrible.
edit:
u can't flash fill it or fill it fast at all for that matter or something inside of it will break and u have to replace it. dun remember which part don't care they are pos'.

Krazy Ivan
04-12-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Nick O time
get it and then put it on ebay for 61 bucks. seriously though those regs suck if u plan on getting it to use it just save ur money they are horrible.

This is exactly what I meant by unfounded answers...They are horrible.... How? any kind of educated arguments?

FallNAngel
04-12-2004, 12:23 AM
They're:
Heavy
Not very consistant
prone to damage from flash fills
too much "bling bling" for just a tank reg

Korrosion
04-12-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by FallNAngel
They're:
Heavy
Not very consistant
prone to damage from flash fills
too much "bling bling" for just a tank reg
What he said.
especially the part about the flash fills damaging them. I ran the fill station at badlandz for a year and never saw one angel air work, period. Mabey it was user error but should 20+ users ALL be wrong?

GT
04-12-2004, 07:16 AM
<---------- Owned one,

Heavy
no on/off
very strange mounting braket

But if you can get a tank cheap.....

-=Squid=-
04-12-2004, 07:35 AM
Very slow recharge. BUT, I would still buy it and ebay it.

evan123
04-12-2004, 07:54 AM
Me too. Those go for like 80-100 on ebay.

Krazy Ivan
04-12-2004, 09:42 AM
k, I guess I'll get it, check around for tanks, see if I can get a deal, if not, ebay is my friend... ;)

Anyone know a place that sells tanks?

GT
04-12-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
Very slow recharge. BUT, I would still buy it and ebay it.

Prove it! I honestly dont think there is that big a difference bewteen most tanks, besides the complete lack of scientific, unbiased, evidence to prove who's is better...

Anyone know a place that sells tanks?

who is it, air powered. I think haveblue sells some. You can also buy them from Air america.

jb

04-12-2004, 10:12 AM
No, actually AIR is pretty good. The only thing that makes it is just "mediocre" in most people's books are cost/performance ratio.

UltimatePaintballer
04-12-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by 127.0.0.1
No, actually AIR is pretty good. The only thing that makes it is just "mediocre" in most people's books are cost/performance ratio.

don't get one, they are difficult to fill. if you don't know what you are doing, you can easily break it.

Krazy Ivan
04-12-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by 127.0.0.1

That is what I hear from a LOT of people, is it costs too much = it sucks...

I'll be the first to admist it's overpriced. However, I am gonna grab it anyway, try it out, if I don't like it, Ebay is my friend :)

steveo356
04-12-2004, 02:49 PM
http://www.planeteclipse.com has no regged tanks they got girls on the side;-)

-=Squid=-
04-12-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi

Prove it! I honestly dont think there is that big a difference bewteen most tanks, besides the complete lack of scientific, unbiased, evidence to prove who's is better...

who is it, air powered. I think haveblue sells some. You can also buy them from Air america.

jb

Gah... now im on a quest. I remember reading that they have a slower recharge than most other tanks.

Even if they didnt, I still wouldnt use one because they are huge, and easily messed up. Theres NO reason to pay 500 bucks for the thing when all your getting is an electronic guage, and a brick for a reg... but for 60 bucks, I still say buy it.

MarkM
04-12-2004, 05:17 PM
There are indeed some weak points in the AIR they are the regulator everyone seems to hold up as being killed by flash fills...it happens to other regs too.
User Error is the biggest killer of AIR's, when they have gas in the tank flash fills become a non issue and even then you "should" fill an empty or near empty AIR equipped tank with the adjuster screw all the way out (why do you think Cobra sold the adjuster screw replacement)
As for upgrading from older specs...basically still the same main internals but the LP parts just give a slightly better stabilty at the lower inputs that a lot of markers now require.
They don't creep when working fine and if they do it is a simple fix (usually the main seal) and at least that part can be aquired easily and hasn't been changed in specs.
If the Cone O ring goes due to flash fill or user error (see above) then the rocket piston is a 5 min replacement.
I will say that they are heavy, can't deny that and sure not a quick on/off but you can turn the output off you just have to use an allen wrench (or if you have an older air then the cobra adjuster rod). But the shape allows for very easy cleaning the new 'geddon is the nearest in clean lines but the AIR is still better in that respect.
Yes they are expensive but then the technology is going to be expensive.
The mounting bracket has been changed now and there are after market rails that will make it fit like all the others out there...most people change the mounts for their particular setup.
I do own one and I have just swapped it out for the new Smart Parts Inline regulator but then only for fun and giggles just to see if I like it not because I needed to.
For $60 go for it, if you don't like it I will buy it off you at no loss to you plus the shipping, sound fair?

Krazy Ivan
04-12-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-

Gah... now im on a quest. I remember reading that they have a slower recharge than most other tanks.

Even if they didnt, I still wouldnt use one because they are huge, and easily messed up. Theres NO reason to pay 500 bucks for the thing when all your getting is an electronic guage, and a brick for a reg... but for 60 bucks, I still say buy it.

I hate people complaining about it being so heavy, it isn't that much heavier than my Max-Flo I have. If I was looking for light, I would buy a screw-in....

Also, Air America has 68 4.5K 5-year bottles for like 135, and my local store has a 45/45 for 115... I dunno, I was technically looking for a 45/45 and supporting my local store is a plus, so I think I might go that way :)

yeahthatsme
04-12-2004, 07:58 PM
i think you can get angel air tanks from paintballgear.com for like 130 or something? then you could sell it for like 350 or so...