PDA

View Full Version : Shocker bouncing

Dr.hp.
04-12-2004, 02:15 AM
http://www.paintball2000.de/news/details.a...p?artieklid=693 (http://www.paintball2000.de/news/details.asp?artieklid=693)

Originally posted by Juggernout
I speak German - short translation.

In the first game against the Camp Tigers two Shockers tested by the refs bounced massivley so the had to change to their back up guns. One of those backup guns didnt work either so he took another gun and went to the chrono station while the other players, whos guns were ok, were waiting on the field. While the 10seconds warning a Dynasty player shot a single shot first and then a whole salve (!) because of massive bounce and the refs did a Freeze so he can change his gun again ! In the game there was a one-on-one because abusive language by Greenspawn. The audience saw and heard the massive bouncing of one of the Dynasty players and protested but Dynasty made the game.
In the next game versus the German Pros Team Millenium Dynasty had two change two guns again at the chrono because of massive bounce ! When all players where on field and ready to play the marshalls and the ultimate marshall of the tournament decided to make a big check of all guns on the field. Millienum who plays Eblayde (which are known for bounce problems) had no bouncing guns in the whole team !
But Dynasty seemed to had big problems and after a crowd was built around Dynasty on the field Dynasty suddenly left the field ! So it seems the Ultimate Marshalö decided to not let them play with those massive bouncing guns. Zero points !

Sorry for my English but its not my mother tongue and I hope u understand something ;)

greetz

Originally posted by marshallmathers
The first session of games and the Marshals have already found a Shocker going full auto, how did the Ton Tons think they could get away with it?

nastymag
04-12-2004, 02:21 AM
what tourny is this at ??

Dr.hp.
04-12-2004, 02:24 AM
Millennium-series: MAXS European Masters 2004

nastymag
04-12-2004, 02:45 AM
Dynasty is a great team who i really respect ( i dont really care if they switched guns). those guys are all really nice and have huge amounts of skill(few times ive played a few of them they totally screwed us). but im glad to see that the tournaments are finally enforcing bounce infractions.

Chojin Man
04-12-2004, 04:03 AM
They may be nice guys, but they need to do something about their markers.

It cost them a game or they were thrown out of the whole tourney?

Clare
04-12-2004, 04:10 AM
It cost them a game (they got a zero) against Millenium, which put them in 2nd behind Avalanche going into the semis

felony
04-12-2004, 10:45 AM
shockers are terrible for bounce.

my teammate has one and he has been trying to work the bounce out for a while now.

I was at a local field and there was a band of 03 shocka dudes aspiring to find out to get their marker to bounce hella much. they found that if you disable the eyes it will bounce like mad, so they leave eyes on to chrono and get tested, then turn it off to play.

something like that. ticks the hell outta me. i wanted to go slap the dude in the face , followed by a punch of course

dan

rkjunior303
04-12-2004, 11:02 AM
You would think for a team like Dynasty they would try and get this worked out for them BEFORE they got the markers in the field.

WARPED1
04-12-2004, 11:41 AM
It seems the Shocker gets crazy bounce only when you ruin it by putting a WAS Equalizer board in there.................

1stdeadeye
04-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
It seems the Shocker gets crazy bounce only when you ruin it by putting a WAS Equalizer board in there.................

Why would Smart Parts let Dynasty have those boards in their markers if they know it causes a problem?

Doesn't make sense.

Butterfingers
04-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Because the stock boards bounce as well...

Theres a vid on PBN of a guy with a stock shocker holding the trigger in one position and the gun going crazy.

1stdeadeye
04-12-2004, 12:56 PM
Bounce or not, I guess it doesn't matter.

Dynasty wins again. (http://www.paintball2000.de/mm5stats/final.asp)

mikebridge
04-12-2004, 12:58 PM
google translation (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.paintball2000.de%2Fne ws%2Fdetails.asp%3Fartieklid%3D693&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools) of the article, doesn't seem to do a better job either =(

Digits
04-12-2004, 01:08 PM
They probablly have a flipped microswitch in theirs.. So it's probablly extremelly light/bounce crazy.

bunkermaster10
04-12-2004, 02:37 PM
Yes I played at this tourny and and there markers were bouncing like crazy it was bull. It just looked like they would hold the trigger right in the middle and it looked to be full auto but w/e :rolleyes: . They played awesome and are a great team. Just there markers are cheap. I took a lot of pics of them and posted it on the pbnation thread . They had all the time in the world at the chrono before ever game it seemed liked to get there markers working, it was so freaking stupid. We got like 2 mins and they got like 15mins it seemed like. There shockers were also breaking crazy paint to.

QUINCYMASSGUY
04-12-2004, 09:03 PM
I keep hearing from Boston Paintball Supply customers about how the eyes are not too reliable on the shockers, again take that for what it's worth but MULTIPLE customers who I know are very capable techs regarding other markers have had a hellish time with the O3's and chopping because the eyes just suck

felony
04-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by QUINCYMASSGUY
I keep hearing from Boston Paintball Supply customers about how the eyes are not too reliable on the shockers, again take that for what it's worth but MULTIPLE customers who I know are very capable techs regarding other markers have had a hellish time with the O3's and chopping because the eyes just suck

While this may be the case, are we sure it is cause the eyes are bad? If they are bad then we are assuming these issues are from peopble using revvys or are outshooting a halo.

I have seen lots of markers w/o eyes work fine with a halo. my bud has a 03 shocker that chops like mad on low bps. basically he said it has to do with the way the marker is setup as the ball leaves the bore into the barrel. he did some of those dremel mods (infact he started them) and what not and now the problem seems to be fixed in RE to chopping, he still gets mad bounce though

dan

G-Rock
04-12-2004, 11:25 PM
I have put about 3 cases of paint through my 03 vision shocker since i have gotten it.

The only time I chop is when i rapid fire with a extremely low load in the halo. I am talking 10 or less balls.

Chris

Digits
04-13-2004, 12:52 AM
the shockers have some type of hard o-ring in the chamber or something.. And the edges where the o-ring fits into are hard.. So some shockers nick it and they break paint (or so i've read).. I don't think it has anything to do with the eyes.. And i'm pretty sure this only happens with big bord paint.

Evil1
04-13-2004, 01:26 AM
The only time my 03 breaks paint is the dwell is set too high and it only chopped balls with my evo2. With a halo b it never chops. My 03 shocker will bounce a little, but no worse than other guns I've seen.

Digits
04-13-2004, 01:33 AM
hey, as long as the refs don't check ya it's all good :cool:

Dr.hp.
04-13-2004, 04:24 AM
This is just sick. Different rules for pro and the rest?

Originally posted by fred1
Having witnessed some of this myself here is my lodown:

1) A tonton was caught with a Dynasty Shocker going full auto. I actually saw him in the chrony station way before his game was on and he touched the triggger by accident and it went full auto with the barrel condom clinging on for dear life. 2 Scalp players were there with me and their eyes were popping out. They said to the Tonton player "nice mode on your Shocker". The Tonton jsut kept silent and shuffled off.... at the end of the game the refs got wise and confiscated the gun.

2) So next Dynasty game the Marshalls asked them to put their guns down so that they could check.... well when that happened Oliver Lang was jumping around like his pants were on fire, and Fraige was fiddling with something on the trigger block. So obviously the refs jumped him and checked his gun. Was going full auto. ... So then the Dynasty boys pull out a piece of paper, a bit like a doctors note to skip P.E. except this note is from Smart Parts and says approx: "our guns tend to have production faults and may bounce." meaning this is not an intentional attempt from the player to try and cheat but rather a problem resulting from poor production...... well I think they did find a switch on the marker in the end, that switches on a full auto mode. There was some dodgy stuff going on that field.... but thats a blatent attempt to get a licence to bounce.

3) And yes all the shockers i saw this week end were having massive problems at the chrony stations! All the guns were hot and they kept having to tone them down and still they kept ringing!

Really spoiled the show! And Dynasty definitely don't need these crap modes. I saw a couple of their games and they were on fire!!! Still the most impressive team on the field without a doubt!!!

But the rules are definitely not applied the same way for a pro team or a novice team. I saw refs that would not let you set your gun if you were hot when you chronied and then he'd let Mr Pro fiddle with his gun for 10 minutes to set it up just right! One of the refs managed to bounce one of our cockers 3 times. Meaning he tried to make it bounce like 5 times and couldn't the 6th time the trigger bounced twice and that was enough to pull our gun out of the game! I know its in the rules but when you see the pro equipment it's just a joke!

Originally posted by Red_Merkin
alright
to set the record strait, there were a lot of bouncing shockers! Dynasty were seen at one point walking out to the field with two guns each...one with a loader and barrel, and another one incase the primary gun wouldn't pass the chrono.

Different rules for different players? YOu better believe it! Steve Morris did a wicked job of getting the refs to be strict, but some of the refs still ignored the procedures set out by the millennium series. :rolleyes: particularly regarding guns going over the chrono. We had a player not allowed on field with a gun because he showed up at chrono with a e-blade with bounce, yet dynasty got 30 minutes to set up their guns. And then Hybrid (on the same field) were almost told they couldn't go on field after only 5 minutes at the chorono. This was because the head field judge made a decision to let dynasty and arsenal have as much time as they needed, but a little english team like hybrid get the rules enforced...
Steve stood there and told the hybrid boys that the head judge made a mistake and that he was setting it right. Fair play, cause hybrid got another gun, and no body suffered, but FFS the head judge should enforce the rules especially with a pro team like dynasty or Arsenal.

http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31971

SlartyBartFast
04-13-2004, 10:42 AM
Seems to me that even if you are caught the punishment isn't nearly big enough.

The time to setup a marker 'just right' is between games. Once you're at the chrono station it should be pass/fail. Pass you go on-field with the marker, fail you go without.

Get caught with an illegal marker on-field and you should be pulled and then banned from the tournament. Even if it's the equipments fault.

That'll make players ensure their equipment is good a reliable well before the tournament.

-=Squid=-
04-13-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
It seems the Shocker gets crazy bounce only when you ruin it by putting a WAS Equalizer board in there................. Oh give it a rest. I get tired of seeing your smart parts supporting self, running around bashing WAS. Does dynasty even have WAS in there guns? Even if they do, its still THERE choice to cheat, not WAS. Good god, think, man, think. :rolleyes:

TeamNausea
04-13-2004, 04:20 PM
On my base shocker I can only get it to bounce when im dry fireing.

Evil1
04-14-2004, 01:27 AM
I think that most guns with a microswitch used to activate the sequence of events after the trigger pull will bounce a little no matter what. Some of the guns will bounce more if adjusted differently. I have seen impulses with crazy bounce problems that were fixed after a little adjustment. I have seen alot of different models of timmies do the same. Even a black dragon my one friend used to have had a wicked sweet spot that made the gun sound as if it were motor boating. It would not fire any paintballs without chopping, but nonetheless it would bounce.

Jack & Coke
04-15-2004, 09:11 AM
Because the stock boards bounce as well...

Theres a vid on PBN of a guy with a stock shocker holding the trigger in one position and the gun going crazy.

Are you sure that's a Shocker and not a Viking?

;)

magmonkey
06-19-2004, 11:17 PM
i have one sitting in my lap right now with a stock board that i cannot stop it from bouncing (not a little,,,, we are talking pull the trigger and the gun runs away even after you take your finger off the trigger and will continue running away until the maker is out of air if you let it)

this gun is supposed to be at a tounrament in roughly 8 hours and I cannot make it stop happening

the more I touch these guns, the more I hate them

at least if it did have a was board there would be a way to adjust the debounce

TeamNausea
06-19-2004, 11:27 PM
Take off the grips and push the lower of the 2 buttons. 5-6 times should do it.

MrMag
06-20-2004, 12:06 AM
try backing out the magnet a lot and making the trigger pull as horrible as necessary

1stdeadeye
06-20-2004, 07:25 AM
Try changing the dwell then..... :rolleyes:

sneakyhacker420
06-20-2004, 08:20 AM
Are you sure that's a Shocker and not a Viking?

;)its a guy with a NDZ rip trigger getting bounce on his shocker - im pretty sure hes talkin about the one when hes standing on his porch

all the bounce crap has gone too far - why? jim drew - the faithful inventor of debounce, but it didnt 'de' anything, it just created more and more BOUNCE

-=Squid=-
06-20-2004, 11:34 AM
I get sick of seeing people blame bounce problems on product manufacturers. It's all user controlable; you wanna gripe at someone, gripe at the person whos gun bounces.

I suppose there are exceptions, such as stock 03' Shockers, such as the one in Magmonkeys case, but more often than not, its the user. Wanna know WHY I say that? Because my viking doesn't bounce. I have complete control over the bounce on this beast, and choose not to, because frankly, I can shoot damn fast without it. (and I dont cheat?)

logamus
06-20-2004, 12:32 PM
its probably because i suck, but i cant make my shocker bounce to save my life. and trust me, i have tried. i have also had very little success in making it chop, but im not as disappointed about that. ;)

abaez
06-20-2004, 12:43 PM
After reading this and many other threads about the problems in tournaments with the bending of the rules I really have no clue why anyone would want to watch one. I mean I am sure dynasty is a great team and all, but if someone wins you will always wonder in the back of your mind if it was because they had an unfair advantage whether you knew about it or not.

It's just silly, and paintball will never go primetime if stuff like this keeps happening. Can you imagine if this tourney was on TV in primetime? One hour would be spent on a debate on the rules rather than the play in the tournament. The entire tourney would just be a joke to everyone who was watching for the first time. No one would ever take it seriously. I mean you guys talk about it like if it was another thing in the tourney scene ho-hum. No one is even upset because everyone is just so used to it.