PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Places to Play ?

Vanced
04-12-2004, 08:39 AM
I have a question for the wealth of knowledge here at AO...

Here is my problem... I live in the Canton, OH Area but a lot of my friends and guys I play paintball with live south of there some very south of there. Since Blackhawk/ BOA Barrels basically shut down we haven't got a place accessable by most of our guys. Some already drive multiple hours one way for a game... I manage a group of a dozen or more guys every time we have a get together so a central convienent place is a must...

I know Canton area has several Fields and plenty north of that area Indian Springs, Pinicale Woods, But as for South of that area there is just about only CO Paintball's Splatter Park in Columbus or all the way over to Pittsburg. From what I can tell just about NOTHING in the South East Part of the state...

Do any of you know of any places to play in that South of Canton/Akron - East of Columbus Region ???

Hopefully a reputible place with rental, HPA, Refs, and chrono's, etc... I don't care if it is Airball or Rec Ball...Cambridge, Dover, New Philadelphia, Newcomberstown, Cadiz, Atwood, Tappan or anything else ?

Thanks for any help or light anyone can shed on this matter...

trains are bad
04-12-2004, 08:57 AM
There's Intense in canton. Pretty nice place.

There is a new field going up around Cambridge Ohio; they are not open yet but should be soon. Southeast ohio paintball is what it's gonna be called I think. Decent size outdoor field, HPA, Shop, etc. They are not far from the highway.

Vanced
04-12-2004, 09:00 AM
Thanks Trains...

Yeah I have played at Intense... and Splat Paintball just outside of Canton in Canal Fulton. It is very nice as well, and I am looking to trying the brand new X-ball field they just bought. ... It is run by a guy named Bruce, that use to work for my cousin and help run his field & Shop in Massillon... But as I said Yeah there are a couple nice places in Canton area and north but nothing South ???

As for a place in Cambridge... sounds interesting... any where I can find information on it yet, or an ETA on when they are going live ?

trains are bad
04-12-2004, 09:07 AM
Hmm they need to get a website up. I think their email is SEOpaintball@yahoo.com right now. Last time I was down there they needed to finish netting the field, and there was a huge hole in the ground from a construction project, but they did have a small inventory and including an 03 shocker, and used imps and angels.

Dryden
04-12-2004, 09:08 AM
I thought of Intense too, but Vanced already mentioned something south of Canton, not in the Canton area.

Taking a quick look at what's up on PBreview, I don't see much either.

http://www.pbreview.com/fields/37/

However, if you're looking for some competition or some scrubs, I'm putting together a group of noobs in Coshocton who are playing on private land right now. Will have more information by summer.

Unfortunately, my 15-man team has atrophied into a 4-man team (damn you wives and kids!!!) :( So I'm looking for players in eastern Ohio.

Vanced
04-12-2004, 09:44 AM
Yeah Intense if the first everyone comes to mind, and the indoor stuff is nice alternative if the weather is bad, but I guess call me old skool or a purist I am having a hard enough time shooting at giant pillows insted of trees so playing without a sky above is a real change... but if you haven't tried it I suggest trying splat...

www.splatpaintball.org (( Hey the owner is a friend so I gotta pitch the place, but is a decent place too and the website to prove it - Odd's are I will be there this weekend on the 17th))

Trains,
I am very curious about this place in cambridge...would you happen have an address, or a phone number ? Do they keep shop hours open yet?

Dryden,
Yeah I have played a lots of woods games on private land as well... But only a few of our group are serious players... God, this will be my 14th year... but the majority of our guys are either spyders, or rentals... and a few of us Mag guys sprinkeld in ... and all of us are part of that old skool anti-E-Gun era. (( Excpet for that funny Autococker kid who use to make most of the BOA Barrels )) Even though I have toy'd with buying an X-Mag but I am curious to see how nicad's hair trigger and the AGD similar product turn out... that is holding me off... until then I'll just stick to trying to build the perfect mech mag... ( I have 4 of um .. LOL ) But if you are looking for places to play or guys to play with like I said I have a group of about 20 guys that very to around a dozen at each game, but if you are looking for team members you are out of luck... most of us guys are in their late 20's or so that have wives, kids, jobs, bills and such that just doesn't allow for much team games... and only play for bragging rights of shooting each other, not the bragging rights of being able to carry a trophy or shoot 24bps... and most only play once a month or every other month in the summer and fall, but you may have more luck looking for players elese where, but I MIGHT be able to gather up 5 guys or so if your guys needs some practice but we won't have the fire power you face in a tourny, we are mainly rec ball guys .... Send me a PM if you want more info...

trains are bad
04-12-2004, 11:30 AM
am very curious about this place in cambridge...would you happen have an address, or a phone number ? Do they keep shop hours open yet?

I'll get you both when I get home. I was last down there last weekend. They have a wooden centerflag speedball course and they are planning a woods course. I need to go there soon anyway to get my tank filled but they are not down there regularly since they're not open yet.

If you get off 77south at old washington/cambridge, and go left/east about 3 miles, then turn left across from southeast equipment, you can see the sign. That's where it is going to be.