PDA

View Full Version : Best upgrade for any gun (IMHO)

z-zero
10-01-2001, 07:02 PM
I was checking all kinds of forums on the net and came to an obvious conclusion, Paintball players love gadgets! Now don't get me wrong when I make my next statement, I love gadgets to. But I think the best upgrade for any gun is practice with that particular gun. I would recommend for all new and old players alike to spend time with there new equipment (2-3 seasons of play) before upgrading anything, besides a barrell. There are very few guns that are great out of the box. e-mag and RT pro, and also some higher end cockers to name a few. I'm currently selling my cocker to get an RT Pro, with the intelliframe and think its wonderful that I really don't have to do a single thing to the gun for it to be the best it could be. Some plastic nubbins in the future, probally another barrell, but all in all its just a matter of time before I'll be intimate with my new marker. I'm a little shaky coming of a cocker trigger and going to a short reactive trigger, but I realize its Just a simple matter of time. The higher reliability and ROF are great benefits to! Looking at a HALO, they seem to be the stuff after seeing that halo e-mag video. How insane is that1 espeacially if your on the recieving end. Just some thoughts

z-zero;)

BlackVCG
10-01-2001, 07:24 PM
Finally, someone with common sense when it comes to upgrading one's gun. :)

Monsta
10-01-2001, 07:30 PM
Didn't update my mini until a year later. Now I just can't stop upgrading both my mags. The only thing is , I know when I get a upgrade, I make sure that its gonna do what I want it to do. I don't waste money on gun parts and gun upgrades just cause everone else has them. I do it cause of the fact that my gun needs to improve on its performance the way I improve on the field.

z-zero
10-01-2001, 07:38 PM
Monsta that's exactly what I'm talking about! wish I would knew that sooner, I'd be rich. So many companies sell stuff just to sell it, but there is one that I know of that is completly honest, AGD. My hats off to you Tom. I was kinda skepticle about all the good things I heard about this forum but since I started reading everyday my mind is changed forever. I'm getting a mag almost solely based on the greatness of this forum. I like it I like it alot!

z-zero:cool:

RTrampage
10-01-2001, 07:52 PM
i completely agree with you zero, although i have a really happy trigger finger and ive been poppin off balls way faster than my 12v revy will keep up with and if your like this a warp feed or halo may end up bein the way to go but other than that there isnt a lot to do with an RT to make it perform better

Army
10-01-2001, 09:20 PM
As I enjoy going against the grain when it comes to the "norm", I had to get a Z-grip just to be different. Imagine my surprise and glee as I discovered the Z-grip to be one of the most innovative, fast, and pleasant frames to use.

I'm not into electrics as I do not feel the need to put 10 out of 11 balls on the bunker and not the player. My normal is to fire 3-5bps bursts, and keep up a slow fire to manuever under. The Z also just lends itself perfectly to bunkering, since it's already pointing over the top!

I am also a die hard Co2 shooter, and laugh when guys make fun of my Mini. They don't make fun for long when they learn that I can hold my own against their superduperhockercockers. Nothing is more sweet than bunkering a loudmouth:D

:cool:

PsychoMag
10-01-2001, 10:20 PM
I have held a mag since I saw the first one years ago, they have come a long way since the inception. The gun to have was the mag, now the first thing someone looks for in a gun, is what can they buy for it?...why I ask. I take my "BONE-STOCK" RT Pro onto the field, get a few laughs and giggles about mags....but ya know what, chances are that the guy with the Angel making the comments is the first out and I always ask him..."how's it feel to be beaten by JUST a mag..."

I am PROUD to shoot the BEST marker on the market.

Send me an ANGEL and I will shoot the HELL out of it...

LeadBasedPaint
10-01-2001, 10:24 PM
Army:

Minimag forever!! I love my Mini. I've only played two games with it but I have laready fallen in love with it. I really love it when it comes time to clean it. Just lossen that little screw and.....

z-zero
10-02-2001, 07:32 AM
Now if the only all the paintball magazines would stop telling people you need an electro to compete! So many new players think they gotta have this or gotta have that, just cause someone says so! Its so silly:)

z-zero

ralicea
10-02-2001, 09:54 AM
IMO the best upgrade would be a good air system.

z-zero
10-02-2001, 10:27 AM
this is true. a good air system is a great asset to your gear, 3rd only to your marker. Your first being your mask for obvious reason.

z-zero

skipdogg
10-02-2001, 12:46 PM
I use a stock Pro and mag. I only upgrade for functionality. for example a z-grip is on my list for the pro because of its comfortability and increased shooting potential. Also a 4500 47 cu. flatline to get more air in a smaller tank. stuff like that. no frills or coordinated colors for me please! i dont see how a "blue" gun makes me play better, or my gun work better. i'll keep the extra couple hundred thank you.