PDA

View Full Version : racegun halfblock

kauai_paintball
04-12-2004, 03:31 PM
I recently began to be interested in the raceguin HB, and i was wondering if anyone has any feedback on them, because i may want to buy one. it looks to me ile a really light intimidator with half a block. and a really cool gripframe.

FallNAngel
04-12-2004, 04:05 PM
basically, it's a milled down Autococker with a race frame. I haven't heard anything bad about them.

alkafluence
04-12-2004, 07:33 PM
http://www.martinpaintball.com/Pictures/final5.jpg

NJPaint
04-12-2004, 07:42 PM
Shot and held many of them (racegun tech lives near me). They are light as all hell, and TINY! It feels like you are holding just the working parts of the gun, basically no body whatsoever. Its a liberating feeling, and cool as hell. I would definately recomend it.

FallNAngel
04-12-2004, 09:55 PM
The marker that alkafluence posted is an old body by Martin (www.martinpaintball.com I believe). All halfblocks are the same style, but have small differences. If you want an actual Racegun halfblock, try heading over to www.racegun.dk

steveo356
04-12-2004, 10:04 PM
Soo tiny if i dint have sumthin against cockers taht i canot explain id get 1

NJPaint
04-12-2004, 10:07 PM
I have an adversion to cockers, simply because they are cockers and not mags. That having been said, this is the one cocker that I have seriously considered changing my mind for.

FallNAngel
04-12-2004, 11:01 PM
I liked my Worrbladed cocker. It was fast and all, but the bounce was just getting aggrivating.

nicad
04-12-2004, 11:25 PM
by looks alone all "short" cockers are the "same"..
I'd say the HalfBlocks are the best of the "tiny" cockers out there tho- they are built from the ground up by Race, and use the Race frame, which I prefer way over the Eblades..
about the only drawback is availability.. they are hard to get (new).

out!

rkjunior303
04-12-2004, 11:40 PM
Looks like dirt would play havok with that thing.

FallNAngel
04-12-2004, 11:45 PM
Not really. The slit that the pin uses to recock the hammer is less than 1/4" visible when the bolt is closed. It's actually very small.

rkjunior303
04-13-2004, 12:49 AM
Just look like how the bolt is exposed and such that if you were to superman into something and kick up a decent amount of dust it could get in there..

Guess the prob would have thought of that, though.. eh?

alkafluence
04-13-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by FallNAngel
The marker that alkafluence posted is an old body by Martin (www.martinpaintball.com I believe). All halfblocks are the same style, but have small differences. If you want an actual Racegun halfblock, try heading over to www.racegun.dk

You are right, FallNAngel. I had a chance to shoot one of the early prototypes when I was down at PBShooters in Illinois. The trigger pull was down to a hair and the cycle rate is VERY high due to the reduced weight and drag of the design. As for the dirt question - it was never a problem, and PBShooters (an indoor field) essentially has "potting soil" for its subsurface.

Another alternative is to try a Turtle Cocker.