PDA

View Full Version : Removing anno?

Magz_rule
04-12-2004, 05:52 PM
Im going to be getting a red AA freak tip pretty soon. My gun is black/silver so the red isnt going to work. Anyway i was told to use oven cleaner to get off the anno. Any specific kinds/brands? How long do i leave it in? Will it damage the inside of the barrel? Any step by step procedures would be appreciated.

650HP
04-13-2004, 04:10 PM
Oven cleaner or lye will work. Although, I'd recommend practicing with a nonessential part first. It will strip the ano from the inside of the tip. You could take it somewhere to get it professionally stripped and polished up.

Magz_rule
04-13-2004, 04:12 PM
So will it damage the barrel in any way?

Sparq
04-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Technically it is eating the aluminum, but practially, no, it will not damage the barrel. I have no experience with Lye, but I have used oven cleaner - I stripped a trigger, and it worked very quickly. Spray it on, rinse it off with water QUICKLY. If you don't, the cleaner eats the aluminum itself once the anno is gone, discoloring it. If this happens, you can strip that as well using the same cleaner...just be sure to rinse it in water before it starts eating the aluminum again.

cyberave68
04-15-2004, 09:19 PM
Hey Magz,

i dont know that you would want to use oven cleaner on a barrel. anodizing actually adds some thickness to the alum. you may inturn change your bore size an loose some acurracy. Ask around to see if anybody around there will sand an polish it for you. i polished my tip on my barrel. Its alot of work but my barrel looks like chrome now. be patient with this

Cyber

havoc531
04-16-2004, 01:13 PM
red devil oven cleaner, if you plan on stripping the anno

Magz_rule
04-16-2004, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the replys. I actually got the tip and its purple so now i HAVE to do it. I dont think it would matter on the bore size because the tip is a big bore size already, the back controls the ball. (I think)

Mr.mike
04-16-2004, 05:04 PM
why didn't you just get a silver tip instead of a red one :confused: