PDA

View Full Version : uni-mount?

Mr.mike
04-12-2004, 08:06 PM
What is a unimount?
What does it do?
Does it have any advantages over a drop or just a standard duckbill asa?
Should i get one/is it worth it?

hobbesTZ
04-12-2004, 08:08 PM
It's an on/off ASA in a mounting cage. It's what you attach your air tank to. The only real advantage is convenience. If you want to spend $40 on a bottomline then it's a very good choice.

evan123
04-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Its for people who don't like drops. Its a built in on/off asa type system. A lot of tourney and pros are starting to use them. I personally think they are ugly therefore i went for the better looking aproach with the rail and on/off.

GoatBoy
04-12-2004, 09:34 PM
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/misc/unimount/index.shtml

Obviously, unimounts are not duckbills.

They're inexpensive (you can probably get them for around $25 new) and uhm... they do the job. There's a little bit of adjustment you can do with the cage system as to how it's positioned.

The problem is you have to remove the fitting to get the thing off the gun. I hate messing with my fittings, so this is a definite drawback.

I've got two of 'em and I really like them so far.

The CP rail/on-off is more expensive and from what I can tell, somewhat heavier. But it is easier to get off of the gun.

Load SM5
04-12-2004, 09:47 PM
The big plus is that they bleed the air out of the airlines when you turn them off. Definate plus for mag users with preset tanks, that hate finding where their on/off pins flew.

kybluemag
04-12-2004, 10:35 PM
anyone got a uni-mount on a y-frame? im thinking about it but not sure how comfortable it would be

Digits
04-13-2004, 01:15 AM
I loved mine on my hypermag.. No one else did.. But I love my unimount to death.. It is something that will take a little bit of getting used to.. At first I was kinda like.. Alright, not bad.. But after I used it it is just so much easier to stabalize the tank/snap shoot with it.. I don't know what it would feel like with a Y grip ..Might be wierd.

ChrixxxLuta
04-13-2004, 08:46 AM
i have it on a y-grip,,,just as good as a 45. grip

AcemanPB
04-13-2004, 03:56 PM
I have one on my iR3, so far I like it alot. With my 45/4500 it fits perfectly. I couldn't ask for a more comfortable set-up. With any type of 90* frame, a unimount or some other similar no drop setup is the way to go.

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/AcemanPB/AngeliR34.JPG