PDA

View Full Version : Battery / Warranty question?

Recon by Fire
04-12-2004, 08:06 PM
I left my X sitting for about two months and when I picked it up the other day, the power switch was found to be left on. The battery was dead, or so I believe, as their was no power to the display board. Since the mag was just sitting there on the shelf, I doubt anything else could be wrong besides just the battery being dead. So I charged the battery overnight. The green light was on when I checked the battery the next morning. I put the battery on the mag and ...nothing.

So it appears that the rechargable battery is no longer capable of holding a charge and I need a new one. Is this anything that would be covered under the X-mags warranty or do I just need to pry open my wallet for a $40 battery?

Tunaman
04-12-2004, 08:21 PM
If you could tell me when you bought the marker I might be able to tell you if it is in warranty or not. Usually 90 days...same as everyone else but there are exceptions to this rule. Check the battery voltage after charging and let me know what ir reads. ;)

Recon by Fire
04-12-2004, 10:37 PM
I've had it well past 90 days! I believe I bought it in November 2002. I don't have anything to measure the voltage in the battery but I could probably find something at radioshack.