PDA

View Full Version : Needs a paintjob

Tiberius
04-12-2004, 10:34 PM
Ive just been upgrading my mag when i suddenly realize the colors look horrible together. Ive seen other mags with amazing colors that looked fresh out of the factory. My question is there a certain paint or place i can get paint for coloring markers? Also im trying to install new parts such as an inteliframe and wonder should i try to get instructions or are mags simple enough to take apart and reassemble by myself? (68 mag btw)

Tiberius
04-12-2004, 10:48 PM

Tiberius
04-12-2004, 10:49 PM
as u can see the .... represents me reaching an alltime low for entertainment:eek:

yeahthatsme
04-12-2004, 10:53 PM
to get your mag colored if its all ULE you can get it annodized, there are tons of companies that do that, search the forums for more info. if you still have a steal body and whatnot you can have it powdercoated, again search the forums for more information.

i believe that the intelliframe installation is just taking your old frame off and putting the inteliframe on...

ramennoodles
04-12-2004, 10:54 PM
i would not do paint, repeat not do paint!

i would ( if it is an aluminum part) get it profesionaly annodized. there are usally a couple of people advertising it in the dealers forum.

if it is not aluminum but it is metal i would get it professionaly powder coated, or buy an aluminum part and annodize it.

the intelliframe should be easy enough to install for you, if you plan on installing the intellifeed mod though you might wanna check the AGD website for details.

www.airgun.com

Tiberius
04-12-2004, 11:01 PM
hmmm well it still has the original mainbody it came with but living in a small town in Kansas options for paint jobs seem limited. Btw general price range for a paint job? Also what color is matte black and hand polished black on the inteliframe?

XbeasleyX
04-12-2004, 11:13 PM
Im sorry but I dont think your getting the idea, you do not paint this kind of stuff. If its steel then you can powdercoat or polish. If its aluminum then you annodize. Dont have prices on powdercoats but annodizing runs about $100-150.

Tiberius
04-12-2004, 11:17 PM
by paint I mean color i dont actually mean going out and painting it its just a term i know better than powdercoat or annodize.

Rope a Dope
04-12-2004, 11:23 PM
Now would be a good time to not only learn but use theses new magical terms and stop saying paint...

Tiberius
04-13-2004, 12:07 AM
Ya now that I know them I cant wait to try em out.:)

Dern
04-13-2004, 12:10 AM
Usually you have to ship your marker out to these companies/people that do the powercoat/annodizing jobs. Also what exact type of mainbody is it: Standard mag ( basic tube with a powerfeed/standard feed), minimag ( longer, with long rounded rectangular holes at the end for looks) or Emag ( basic tube with centerfeed or powerfeed or warp feed port but the part where the barel goes is cut diagonally). Also, does this body use the twist-lock barrel or is it Autococker threaded ( screw in threads).

If it is a twist-lock barrel type and/or one of the mentioned body types you will need to have it powdercoated because it is stainless steel, not aluminum. You can get this done for less than 50 bux, annodizing costs about 2-3x that ( but you can't annodize stainless steel bodies anyway). Redrider here on AO can do great powdercoating jobs.

tyrion2323
04-13-2004, 12:10 AM
if it's an original twist-lock SS mag, check out www.kpcustoms.net

He can powder coat:
Single colors => $25
Translucent colors => $50
Prism colors => $75

SINGLE COLOR
http://www.kpcustoms.com/Gall/P22204/WhiteEmag1.jpg

TRANSLUCENT COLOR
http://www.kpcustoms.com/Gall/P22204/Trans_BluePolish.jpg

http://www.kpcustoms.com/Gall/P22204/Picture%20099.jpg

PRISM COLORS
http://www.kpcustoms.com/Gall/P22204/PrismPurples.jpg

Jacob

Digits
04-13-2004, 01:05 AM
That white one is purdy

SpecialBlend2786
04-13-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Digits
That white one is purdy

wow, yeah it is.

steveo356
04-13-2004, 08:21 AM
if you got the money have it annoed realy nice if yua don't u can play like our fore fathers with the ugliest guns known to paintball. and then make the big leap. n if u have a SS bodies get it powdered or get a ule

wyn1370
04-13-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Digits
That white one is purdy
that's newts the "albino mag"