PDA

View Full Version : HPA/Nitro questions!!

bsusigep18
10-01-2001, 11:38 PM
:confused: Hi everyone. Ok...seriously...i not retarded, but pretend i am so you can explain this for me. I bought an older mag off of ebay, its in good shape, but shes been run on co2 most her life. This isn't acceptable for me, she needs high octane. Tell me what i need!!! Nobody can tell me what i want to hear. Lets pretend i have a stock mag, what do i need...macro line or whatever...obviously people have preferences, but im a forward player by nature, i'll be using a dropforward of some kind and the size i'd most likely use is a 68/3k. So please, someone give me some advice on this! Also, can i set up my regular mag with my, on its way, intellifeed (im so pumped) to shoot with my 12v revvy? If so, how? All of the threads i see are for warp feeds. Thanks guys, you gotta love this game!

Army
10-01-2001, 11:41 PM
Hey bud, this belongs in Tech.......I'll leave it linked though:cool:

bsusigep18
10-01-2001, 11:43 PM
My bad, i thought the tech section was for mag specific tech stuff. sorry.

Xzion
10-02-2001, 10:03 AM
Tom has posted a 'how-to' instruction post on how to link an I-Frame to a Revy for Intellifeed, which can be viewed here:

Intelliframe to Revy Instructions (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13338)

Temo Vryce
10-03-2001, 10:31 AM
All you need to run Nitro on your mag is a nitro bottle. You can Macroline, microline or steelbraided line. The output pressure on the nitro tank should be approx. equal to if not less than that of CO2. If you're going to be using macro or micro line make sure that you cut it a little longer than you think you'll need. It's a lot easy to take a little more off than it is to put a little bit back on. hope this helps you out.

krafty
10-03-2001, 11:24 AM
I, too, just went to HPA. If you're going to use a 68/3000, I'd really recommend a Crossfire stubby. You can find them for as cheap as 120 online, and with a KAPP DZ II w/ on-off or a similar drop, you can get a very compact setup. I run macroline from the reg to the adapter, and it works great with the 1-ft sections they usually come in.

Click on the link in my sig for a picture of my minimag's current setup.

Good luck, and glad to have another mag user with us!

TheTramp
10-03-2001, 12:43 PM
I also strongly recomend the Crossfire 68ci 3000psi steel tank (Stub). Just screw it into where ever you've been putting your CO2 and off you go. It's pre-set to around 800 to 850 psi which is a good input pressure. You can get it right here:

http://www.actionvillage.com/cros68cistee.html

$120 is a good price.

bsusigep18
10-03-2001, 10:52 PM
finally! you guys told me exactly what i wanted to hear. I really appreciate the advice, i can't believe it took me that long to figure that out. Alright, i'll have to decide if i want to get the stubby, its nice...but i need to get rid of my ps2 and somebody is offering a geddon. so i need to make a decision. thanks again guys, and i hope to see you guys on the field. now i just need to get good at paintball!